DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what it looked like when first discovered:

Not a big deal as it's hidden under the belt, but I feel better knowing the tape is gone. I mean why let the glue damage the rubber if you can just peel the tape off and clean it up with goo-gone? It's not like it's hard. Then you can just be without the magnet, or glue it back in place like I did:

IMG_5616.jpg

I talked to AE yesterday and I should be getting mine on Monday :yess: I'll be removing the tape regardless of tape residue because....well why not? Anyway, do I have to use "goo-gone" or will I be able to make it a nice clean surface with regular tap water and soap?

...do I have to use "goo-gone" or will I be able to make it a nice clean surface with regular tap water and soap?

Hmm, you don't have anything designed for removing tape/glue?

I don't know if using soap would make it any easier that just rubbing it off with your finger.

Ironically, I think using oil would help in removing the residue from when you peal the tape off. Then use soap to wash off the oil. Iunno, just spitballing. Goo gone is the best, although I wouldn't get it on the rubber. Just use it on the belt.

probably won't work here but when I remove tape adhesive left behind my first step is to reuse the actual tape itself and the sticky side right back onto the adhesive left behind and then rip it off repeating this step multiple times. Whats left i use goo gone.

just noticed to my cape has a hole in it will side show just replace the cape or will i have to send the figure back

just noticed to my cape has a hole in it will side show just replace the cape or will i have to send the figure back

Is the hole in the middle of the cape or where the rods are supposed to be inserted for Keaton to hold the cape aloft?

This may not be a defect depending on where the hole is.

theres also a rub on the front of the cowl that doesnt bug be as much u have to look at it right to see it but the hole that bugs me what would u guys do and how easy is it to get a replacement

Fairly easy to get a replacement. Use the website to contact customer service. You should also take pictures of the damage and attach them to your customer service request online form to speed up the process.

I'm curious, for all of those who have cancelled or are holding out on getting this figure because of fears of possible oil...at what point do you say "Ok not that many people had problems, I will get one."

Now is "too soon to tell, a lot of DX02 oil didn't show up for a long time", I get it. When is enough time? One year? Two years?
O
I wont get one for a while. No big as i used the cash i had for this and scored a king leo! It looks like they made a lot of these, those it should be available in a few,months, by then we should know more about the oil issue

my concern is more of the long term . short term will prove nothing . this oil seeping , i assume is petroleum based whch i believe will eventually break down the rubber hence the cracks ive seen in the pass . ironic thing is plastic crack is perfect to way to describe HT's . itll cost you alot of money but the enjoyment is short lived and be wanting more eventually depending on the quality.

What's the deal with gluing the magnet in the belt..? Didn't quite follow that and I don't want to read this whole thread...

What's the deal with gluing the magnet in the belt..? Didn't quite follow that and I don't want to read this whole thread...

As it comes, the tape on the belt holds the magnet in place. Since the presence of the tape may cause some residue to rub off on the suit, some have decided to remove it completely, but then you have to come up with another way to keep the magnet in place. Hence the glue.

As it comes, the tape on the belt holds the magnet in place. Since the presence of the tape may cause some residue to rub off on the suit, some have decided to remove it completely, but then you have to come up with another way to keep the magnet in place. Hence the glue.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the help! Which glue is recommended? Looking at this one right now:

71-jj7G8aDL._AA1408_.jpg

Back