DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing...

Looks like cocaine on boots. Scallops rounded, not sharp. Broken gauntlet fins. All of them. PERS snapped the first time I used it.

But man, I love this frickin' thing! Figure of the Year!

U fooled me bro!

george-c-scott-in-dr-strangelove-e1330279363120.jpg

It's been a little over a week since I removed the tape and magnet from the belt. No oil/residue has returned as of yet. Probably too soon to know for sure, but so far it's an improvement over my DX02. That thing has leaked like a faucet since day one, and requires not only abdominal, but chest, shoulder, and back wipe downs every few days.

It's a toy figure. Who cares.

For most, their wife is the most expensive thing they will ever buy. And their bewbs aren't even symmetric.

Move on and enjoy your toy Batman.

Oh and checked today, still no oil. :yess:

Thanks for your reply. It's my 2nd day and I really enjoy this figure:clap.

Received mine 10 hours ago and found no oils. I took off the paper wrap around the belt to make it contact directly on the suit. After coming back from school in 10 hours, I found a little gooey substance left on the suit. I believe it's from the glue behind the belt. Rorywan mentioned the oils still appear after taking the belt off. I respect what he said, but for my case I think it's from the belt.

Will try Maglors' method and will update here.
IMG_7595-1.jpg

Update: After 20 hrs, no oils found. Well, I am pretty much sure it's from behind the belt (again, for me case).

Received mine 10 hours ago and found no oils. I took off the paper wrap around the belt to make it contact directly on the suit. After coming back from school in 10 hours, I found a little gooey substance left on the suit. I believe it's from the glue behind the belt. Rorywan mentioned the oils still appear after taking the belt off. I respect what he said, but for my case I think it's from the belt.

Will try Maglors' method and will update here.
IMG_7595-1.jpg

Hmm, I gotta say, I'm not sure that was just glue. How would glue from the tape get on the part of the belt you have circled? That's certainly not where the residue was on mine.

What did it feel like? Did it wipe off really easy, or did you have to rub at it a bit to get it off?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hmm, I gotta say, I'm not sure that was just glue. How would glue from the tape get on the part of the belt you have circled? That's certainly not where the residue was on mine.

What did it feel like? Did it wipe off really easy, or did you have to rub at it a bit to get it off?

Spoiler Spoiler:

It was very very sticky, so I think it's glue. I had to rub and scratch with my fingers and wash with soap several times.

Got mine.

Completely oily. Abs shifted way over. PERS door doesn't line up. Cape is matte, not really textured too well. Belly is hard, tips belt forward. Ears are crooked. Face hard to remove. Are you still reading this bullsheeeeet.

Continuing...

Looks like cocaine on boots. Scallops rounded, not sharp. Broken gauntlet fins. All of them. PERS snapped the first time I used it.

But man, I love this frickin' thing! Figure of the Year!

U fooled me bro!

george-c-scott-in-dr-strangelove-e1330279363120.jpg

:rotfl Well played. :clap :rotfl

It was very very sticky, so I think it's glue. I had to rub and scratch with my fingers and wash with soap several times.

Does sound like the tape residue. Wonder why it was on the buckle part.

That's where Rory's residue was too...

Guy, its exactly like mine..a rectangular line/indentation with a thin dark line of glue around the line left from the tape on the suit, doesn't wipe off with my finger, nothing to start crying for titty over.

nah nevermind, i went a page back..you got wetness on your belt buckle area..maybe it is glue...weird.

^^^But was it in the center or off to the left where the tape actually is?

I do recommend getting rid of the tape though, because the glue does damage the rubber.

IMG_5612.jpg

I do recommend getting rid of the tape though, because the glue does damage the rubber.

IMG_5612.jpg

Is this photo taken after you wiped it up or was it discovered as i see it here?. Mine looks more noticable i think..i'll get a pic later tonight or tomorrow. I have not found any moisture or liquid substance,wet glue etc..on my figure, just that thin black line of dried glue from the tape.

^^^But was it in the center or off to the left where the tape actually is?

Off to the left and lines up exactly with the edge of the tape to hold the magnet when the belt is on center. The tape on my belt looks like it shifted and there is residue just a hair above the top edge of where the tape has shifted...i'm really not worried at all about it.

IMG_7599.jpg

Here's how my belt looks now.
I actually made a little round ball with the residue scratched off from belt. I didn't take the picture b/c my first reaction was "eeew wash this s*** off my finger tips and nails".

While washing with soap, be careful not to apply force on the 4 plastic pieces from each side of belt.

Back