DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, you don't have anything designed for removing tape/glue?

I don't know if using soap would make it any easier that just rubbing it off with your finger.

Ironically, I think using oil would help in removing the residue from when you peal the tape off. Then use soap to wash off the oil. Iunno, just spitballing. Goo gone is the best, although I wouldn't get it on the rubber. Just use it on the belt.

Thanks. The main reason I asked is because I've encountered times when I had to remove tape from something and it left this horrible sticky residue that just smeared when you tried to wipe it away. I'll pick up goo-gone.

His suit isn't even symmetrical in the film.

Just chill. Every figure is "off" and not perfect in some way. I found this out with the T-1000 when I bought 5 whole figures. There's always something a tad wrong. I just got my second Batman from CSC and the emblem had a few blemishes on it. I thought about getting all OCD or picking it but it's not even that bad.

Think of how mass produced and how many figures there are. The variations are endless.

As long as the suit isn't leaking, the PERS eyes aren't off, the true type body isn't broken and there aren't any major off putting blemishes on the body or the cowl, you're fine.

This. I struggled with the understanding that all of the elbows on true types rattle within the sockets a little bit thinking that all my true types were loose. That's just how they are.

Is it really the most awful thing in the world if there's a spot of grease under the belt? just wipe it off. I've seen much worse than that first pic

appropriate for this day...........
jesus-facepalm.jpg

Ah, I see. Thank you for the help! Which glue is recommended? Looking at this one right now:

71-jj7G8aDL._AA1408_.jpg

Thats what I used. :exactly:

Thanks. The main reason I asked is because I've encountered times when I had to remove tape from something and it left this horrible sticky residue that just smeared when you tried to wipe it away. I'll pick up goo-gone.

Good call. :duff

Can someone please post some pics of the back of the cowl/pers.

Mine sticks out like a sore thumb but apparently SS have opened some up and they are all the same. That's the 4 figure in a row from them with major defects.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement! They offered me a full refund only, No replacement/cowl. Thing is I'm in the UK and have already paid the tax so I can kiss bye bye to that.

I too have an ill fitting PERS cover, however I'm fortunate as they are sending me a replacement cover. I'm less fortunate regarding the shorter right leg that my figure has. It's approximately a quarter of an inch shorter than the left. It took me four days of futzing and trying to ascertain whether I was paranoid. My flat mate confirmed to me that it was pretty noticeable and she's not one for hyperbole. However SS are not going to replace it as they have opened some up and they're all the same!? So on one hand I'm happy on the other not so much. So the figure cost me $264.00 including shipping with another $69.86 in customs duty as I live in the UK. That's an awful lot of money for a defective figure. Though I guess it's time to take the tape off the belt then?

That "all the same" crap is their standard blow off line. I had the same problem... the longer leg is not popped fully into the hip socket. I fixed it by grabbing the figure by both legs after straightening them out & carefully but forcefully banging it flatfooted on a table a few times. I finally heard a "pop" & it was fixed.

I too have an ill fitting PERS cover, however I'm fortunate as they are sending me a replacement cover. I'm less fortunate regarding the shorter right leg that my figure has. It's approximately a quarter of an inch shorter than the left. It took me four days of futzing and trying to ascertain whether I was paranoid. My flat mate confirmed to me that it was pretty noticeable and she's not one for hyperbole. However SS are not going to replace it as they have opened some up and they're all the same!? So on one hand I'm happy on the other not so much. So the figure cost me $264.00 including shipping with another $69.86 in customs duty as I live in the UK. That's an awful lot of money for a defective figure. Though I guess it's time to take the tape off the belt then?

So the PERS cover is a fault and judging by the photo's i could not live that one its looks awful. One leg longer, oil, a guy as chip on his bat symbol, Pers eyes getting stuck on a few. Wow really was looking forward to getting this soon but like you said am in the uk and the customs tax is way to high for me to play russian roullete with this figure.

Man, I feel for you guys that have to pay all those custom charges. I don't think I'd be collecting this stuff if I had to. Sucks

what the hell? i just went to the regular 89 bats threadd and they all rainbows and chocolate fountains!! LMAO

Why wouldn't they? After all that thread isn't the "leaky abdominal" thread. Moreover if your not having any problems with the figure why would you be all gloom and doom regardless of what might happen in the future.

So the PERS cover is a fault and judging by the photo's i could not live that one its looks awful. One leg longer, oil, a guy as chip on his bat symbol, Pers eyes getting stuck on a few. Wow really was looking forward to getting this soon but like you said am in the uk and the customs tax is way to high for me to play russian roullete with this figure.

Whilst the figure is not without its own array of issues, it would be a really unfortunate soul that buys a figure and has all of those things wrong with it! Unfortunate indeed! So to list them all as things that you're expecting to go wrong on your one potential figure, if you were to buy it...I think is being a little harsh?

The issue with oil leaking is the main problem here really and, so far, it seems to be an unfortunate handful (almost literally) of isolated cases, many of which do not seem to be returning which could just as easily mean that it was something else entirely and not a recurrence of the dreaded DX02 debacle.

The other elements, the paint chip, the bad leg assembly, the dodgy PERS, the ill-fitting PERS cover....

...they would all fall squarely under "Faults of mass production" sadly, even on a top marque item like this. Though the chances of you having all of those problems is remote, to say the least.

I cannot fault you on import duty though. I too live here in England and I know that I will soon get a bill from FEDEX to cover the duty on my BATMAN. The nice thing, they deliver it first and send the bill after. We both know that with Royal Mail it would be the other way round, got to the office holding the figure, pay the duty...or no figure! For me, that is a round trip of 50 miles!

Not trying to knock the figure but am not going through the hassel again which i had with my Dark Knight figure. I understand problems can come with any figure, but the duty tax i lost with my refund with my DX02 TDK was not good. I am not rich and when i buy a figure i save up and I need to know that there's more than a 50/ 50 chance of it being ok. If no duty tax was involved then i would not be as worried as much. I got charged £69.00 duty tax at Liverpool sorting office.

Not trying to knock the figure but am not going through the hassel again which i had with my Dark Knight figure. I understand problems can come with any figure, but the duty tax i lost with my refund with my DX02 TDK was not good. I am not rich and when i buy a figure i save up and I need to know that there's more than a 50/ 50 chance of it being ok. If no duty tax was involved then i would not be as worried as much. I got charged £69.00 duty tax at Liverpool sorting office.

But if you are going by chances...the IS a way more than 50/50 chance of it being ok. Look at how many people have posted about problems vs the amount that are completely satisfied. It's not about half, it's not even close. The overwhelming majority don't have problems with this figure.

Just tried sticking the grapple gun to the belt and realized that I glued the magnet in backwards. :slap :lol

Didn't even think to check polarization before I stuck it in there...

Back