DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine and looks great except for the pers cover, has anyone tried to dremel it, probably not the best idea to do it at top, but maybe at the bottom of the cover so it fits a little better. I will ask for a replacement but in the event I can't get a better one I think I will try it

it is sitting extremely high on the head, I tried squishing it in but won't fit well, I'll try for a replacement, would probably need the whole cowl to make sure it fits, but if they don't offer it I will try to sand it down best I can without looking ugly.

so it is not common? Then I should be able to get a new one...fantastic otherwise, my first HT figure, and definitely getting the rest of the Burton Batman HT's

So could someone catch me up on all this. My batman is home n just arrived but I'm on vacation n won't be back til Friday morning. What's causing the oil leakage?

it is sitting extremely high on the head, I tried squishing it in but won't fit well, I'll try for a replacement, would probably need the whole cowl to make sure it fits, but if they don't offer it I will try to sand it down best I can without looking ugly.

The Bats I got from AE has a PERS panel that doesn't seat properly either. The Bats I got from SS weeks ago was just fine though. Must be a batch problem I guess.

The Bats I got from AE has a PERS panel that doesn't seat properly either. The Bats I got from SS weeks ago was just fine though. Must be a batch problem I guess.

Mine from AE doesn't sit well either

What's up with the AE batch?

And more importantly, was the "hatch" seated nice and snug/flush when you received it? Meaning, will it not 're-seat' properly?

Mine wasn't seated properly out of the box. The one from SS is nearly invisible compared to the one from AE.

Mine was that way when I opened it.

Interesting. So its definitely not a re-seat issue. Something's wrong with the 'hatch'.

Did you guys feel around to see if there's a seam line edge inside the hatch or on the door itself? Not sure what else it would be except that it's a separately molded piece and, on some, maybe it's molded slightly too large or it dried in some funny way.

What's up with the AE batch?

And more importantly, was the "hatch" seated nice and snug/flush when you received it? Meaning, will it not 're-seat' properly?

Mine wasn't seated properly out of the box. The one from SS is nearly invisible compared to the one from AE.

Mine was that way when I opened it.

I got mine from AE too and mine is fine. So I guess its not the whole batch from AE. I was worried about that but I lucked out.

Got mine today from Fanboy Collectibles. Took off the paper and cut it in half, folded it and wrapped it back around his waist. Took off the tape holding the magnet, didn't have a lot of residue, but cleaned it anyways. Glued the magnet back on. and even dullcote the back of the belt, even though I left paper on his waist, can't be to careful. The PERS hatch wasn't too bad, but you can see it's sticks out a little bit in the back. Didn't really mess with it too much, as you can't see it from the front. Doesn't stick out as much as I've seen some here. Overall, happy with this figure.

Interesting. So its definitely not a re-seat issue. Something's wrong with the 'hatch'.

Did you guys feel around to see if there's a seam line edge inside the hatch or on the door itself? Not sure what else it would be except that it's a separately molded piece and, on some, maybe it's molded slightly too large or it dried in some funny way.

I haven't messed with it much yet. I bet it's fixable but I really don't know what's keeping it from seating properly.

Back