DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this photo taken after you wiped it up or was it discovered as i see it here?. Mine looks more noticable i think..i'll get a pic later tonight or tomorrow. I have not found any moisture or liquid substance,wet glue etc..on my figure, just that thin black line of dried glue from the tape.

Off to the left and lines up exactly with the edge of the tape to hold the magnet when the belt is on center. The tape on my belt looks like it shifted and there is residue just a hair above the top edge of where the tape has shifted...i'm really not worried at all about it.

Here's what it looked like when first discovered:

IMG_5607.jpg

After wiping off every trace of the glue I can see that the rubber is less glossy where the glue had been. That's what you see here:

IMG_5612.jpg

Not a big deal as it's hidden under the belt, but I feel better knowing the tape is gone. I mean why let the glue damage the rubber if you can just peel the tape off and clean it up with goo-gone? It's not like it's hard. Then you can just be without the magnet, or glue it back in place like I did:

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg

Here's how my belt looks now.
I actually made a little round ball with the residue scratched off from belt. I didn't take the picture b/c my first reaction was "eeew wash this s*** off my finger tips and nails".
While washing with soap, be careful not to apply force on the 4 plastic pieces from each side of belt.

Howie_Mandel.jpg

Maglor, thanks for that post..looks exactly like mine so, i shall clean up the belt a little and get rid of the residue then.

IMG_7599.jpg

Here's how my belt looks now.
I actually made a little round ball with the residue scratched off from belt. I didn't take the picture b/c my first reaction was "eeew wash this s*** off my finger tips and nails".

While washing with soap, be careful not to apply force on the 4 plastic pieces from each side of belt.

Yeah, sounds like glue not oil.

Just got my Batman and ...well...cue banjo music....

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one day he was shootin at some food,
And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Unfortunately, I didn't strike it rich like Jed did. No oil :|

Just got my Batman and ...well...cue banjo music....

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,
Then one day he was shootin at some food,
And up through the ground came a bubblin crude.

Unfortunately, I didn't strike it rich like Jed did. No oil :|

[ame]https://youtu.be/NwzaxUF0k18[/ame]

For most, their wife is the most expensive thing they will ever buy. And their bewbs aren't even symmetric.
:
Btw, I found asymmetric pairs (but not off too much) sexier:bounce

I was very impatient:impatient:
Hope the direct skin contact with residue won't cause testicular cancer.

Yeah, sounds like glue not oil.
That solves everything, but I wonder why Rory still had oil w/o belt.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday, no oil or residue at this time. Really happy I picked this one up!

I picked mine up yesterday, there was no oil when I opened him up and I checked just now and he is bone dry, so far so good.

Got mine yesterday and no oil. Immediately took off the tape and added a dab of glue to the belts magnet. just checked again and nada. If this suit leaks I will be very surprised. Ill update again in a few months or if any oil appears. Until then unsubscribed.

Well mine has been on display on my star trek shelf and so far it's holding up pretty well I think.

5c8b533f.jpg

I'm curious, for all of those who have cancelled or are holding out on getting this figure because of fears of possible oil...at what point do you say "Ok not that many people had problems, I will get one."

Now is "too soon to tell, a lot of DX02 oil didn't show up for a long time", I get it. When is enough time? One year? Two years?

I'm curious, for all of those who have cancelled or are holding out on getting this figure because of fears of possible oil...at what point do you say "Ok not that many people had problems, I will get one."

Now is "too soon to tell, a lot of DX02 oil didn't show up for a long time", I get it. When is enough time? One year? Two years?

Somewhere between 6 months and 1 year for me.

I'm fairly confident these won't be sky-rocketing in aftermarket value anytime soon so i'm happy waiting.

Somewhere between 6 months and 1 year for me.

I'm fairly confident these won't be sky-rocketing in aftermarket value anytime soon so i'm happy waiting.

I saw one just ended for $190 shipped and another for $200 on ebay.

Back