DX vs MMS /// Which do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I actually only have one Hot Toys figure, which is Luke DX 07, and I really like the PERS system on this one.

Right now I don't give a **** about anything comic related. Need some Stallone/Arnold news.

Well, as I'm backing out of just about everything other than the Alien&Robots franchises - endeavouring to at least - I feel the same. Obviously I'd rather see the T1 and T2 lines finished. I was just pointing out what I would think is most likely.

Still waiting for Back to the Future DX release they announced long time ago.. but probably BTTF DX won't have any news soon, because HT is currently transforming into Ironman Figure company :lol

DX is a bit gimmicky...and more often than not hurt the HS...so far the whole Avenger line has been amazing with BW the standout to me...PERS probably would have ruined all of the HS's.

How long with the novelty last beore the bubble bursts you reckon?

Can't burst soon enough in my opinion, but it'll be with us for at least another 2-3 years. The Nolan Bats trilogy will still be yielding figures over the next 12-24 months is my guess, and that left cinemas months ago. IM3 is only just to come out, and wtfk if that'll even be the end of it. IM4 will see this HT IM binge carry on into the next freaking decade.

If it hasn't burst yet with all the rainbow Iron Men HT is putting out and people still lapping them up I don't know if it will burst. And if it doesn't, well, fair play to it I guess - it may be 'new' but it will be clear that it has staying power. Having said that, it'll always be annoying as **** for those of us waiting on other things.

I personally know young men who are big fans of the Iron Man comics. That and the young fans of the film will start or continue to collect a highlight of their youth, along with the already adults.

IMHO, there may be a somewhat lull at some point (as some collectables do), but it's not really going to go away as far as I'm concerned.

Iron Man is like the best of ALL worlds.

He looks like a robot, a machine. We love us some robots.

He has military and soldier aspects in character and design.

He has gadgets

He's a colorful superhero.

He's based on a comic book AND successful, modern films.

He can fly.

He's charismatic and has a lot of character.

He has tons of different colored variations. People love that stuff. Look at Clone Troopers, Power Rangers, etc. etc. Variations are collectible. "Gotta get the limited one, gotta get the blue, gotta get the red, gotta get the metal one, oooooh, that one has a box of donuts".

The character is basically that toy we'd all love to have as a kid. He's Batman, Superman, Terminator and GI Joe all rolled into one. He's a human swiss army knife. He's like the frickin' Buzz Lightyear of Hot Toys figures. He has guns, lasers, repulsion, a flip up helmet/mask, movable, exchangeable, flippable parts AND he lights up. Now? He's DIE CAST!

Can't beat that really.

I've never owned one but I definitely see the appeal and see why it's their most successful line to date. It just screams COLLECTIBLE ACTION FIGURE. Especially when you have all those suckers lined up on display.

Back