Dual Display Diorama Obi-Wan Kenobi Sabotage!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little surprised by this reaction. It's still a diorama along the lines of the Vader/Antilles or Anakin vs. Obi-wan - but it can be hung on a wall. Why does that fact cheapen the whole thing? :confused:

And even that isn't revolutionary given you could do the same thing with the space slug dio.

I am pleased with the idea of using wall space, I am not sure that this is quite an attention getter here; but the concept is good.

At first I actually thought this was something that would help with the junk we already have. Like to alleviate some of the space constrictions, but In fact, it just more junk to add to the already existing junk.

I'm a little surprised by this reaction. It's still a diorama along the lines of the Vader/Antilles or Anakin vs. Obi-wan - but it can be hung on a wall. Why does that fact cheapen the whole thing? :confused:

Its not the wall aspect... not really an issue. But its such an odd choice to me of a scene to choose.

Actually, I think the choice is kind of inspired. Everyone knows the scene...it's a setting that hasn't been done to death in other formats...it will look a bit precarious hanging on a wall and envoke the scene even more. The sculpt on Kenobi looks pretty good and the light-up feature is interesting without being tacky looking or betraying the scale. Oh, and so this proves Sideshow is willing and able to include lights on a piece. so where are they on the Carb-Slab! :confused:

It does look like something that GG would have produced....I'm not into the whole dio thing (I like changing the figure a bit once in a while and you can't with these). It'll be interesting to see where this concept goes...

Oh, and so this proves Sideshow is willing and able to include lights on a piece. so where are they on the Carb-Slab! :confused:

Thing is, they've done it before, and really, this has a light coming out the top, someone saddening, the lights on the consoles and such don't look to light up and are just paint. I'm glad it had the reactor core effect light, but I wish SSC would start getting into small LED light use, maybe even walk away from polystone on some of these pieces and just go plastic, like the upcoming Hot Toys T4 diorama.

Does the plastic still look as high quality as the polystone? If so I think it would be a great trade off to get some more lights, but not if it makes it look cheaper and toyish.

I can't tell if its just the way the picture looks or if there is some kind of special effect with the light, but it looks really cool.

If they really wanted to help out collectors with space issues then they would have made this a 1:6 dio for display (as others have said) or offer a shelf.

That being said, I have to give them credit for creating a dio with a twist. It just would have been a more interesting twist at 1:6 scale ...

I like the dual display idea (and the way this dio turned out). It's just... I'm not collecting dios. :)

Does the plastic still look as high quality as the polystone? If so I think it would be a great trade off to get some more lights, but not if it makes it look cheaper and toyish.

As far as the Hot Toys piece I mentioned, no, but it's industrial equipment and that may be easier. Thing is, the look of Sideshow's polystone work, I would imagine, is mainly the quality and application of paints, not the base material, and I'd imagine you could paint plastic close to polystone. Sideshow's walker with the SDCC Sidious is plastic but the finish is really nice and it's a great looking piece. One the flip side, the holochess table is polystone but without lifting it to feel it's weight, you could easily guess that it's plastic. Not saying throw out polystone all together, but just weigh out the options for each piece. One that could benefit from the use of LED technology to further enhance the visual quality, but needs to stay down in price, should get that treatment. Sure Han in Carbonite will be cool in poly, but I'd trade it for plastic if it meant having working LED's all over the displays on the slab and the environment wall.

At least we may start to see more dios now with lights. The Ben sculpt is amazing and I gurantee this will be the only redetion of this scene captured in statue form so buy it up.:lol

Also... the fact that this glorified night-lite has lights and the 1:6 Han in Carbonite Environment does not?

Bad form, Sideshow. Bad, bad form. :banghead

I kinda like the idea of the diorama. It reminds me of the Death Star playset from 1977-78 where they had the perch for Obi Wan to stand on. Although I would have preferred it as a 1/6 environment instead.

sw7.jpg

I kinda like the idea of the diorama. It reminds me of the Death Star playset from 1977-78 where they had the perch for Obi Wan to stand on. Although I would have preferred it as a 1/6 environment instead.

sw7.jpg

Shup! Don't make me like this thing! :lol

I still have that in its original box at my parent's house. Thank God they never threw my stuff out.

Sure Han in Carbonite will be cool in poly, but I'd trade it for plastic if it meant having working LED's all over the displays on the slab and the environment wall.

I feel the same way... really pretty disappointed it doesn't light up at all.

I think it looks great and the blue lighting effect is uber cool.

Back