Dual Display Diorama Obi-Wan Kenobi Sabotage!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this replaces the normal dio line so it doesn't slow down 12" announcements. But it sure looks cool! I totally symphathize with the not enough floor space, plenty of wall space problem. Thats why I eventually installed wall mounted shelves rather than using display cabinets.

Last edited:
easy_pass.gif

Hope this replaces the normal dio line so it doesn't slow down 12" announcements.

If the price is in the $150 area like the Alien and Predator pieces of this nature, it'll be nice. High end little dio pieces that don't take up a great deal of space and save you a bit of money. The dio line needs it, all the real figural dios have been large and elaborate and pricey, this should offer up something close but easier on space and budget.

Same exact thing in 1/6th scale without the Obi-Wan or the bottom part I'd pay $50-$75 for.

Price does seem to be on a lot of people's minds. I would pay less than $100.00 but not more. $75.00 seems about right. Lighting up would be even nicer at that price. I worry about hanging things like that on the wall though. If it falls off what a big mess and expense.

WTH? This is the kind of stuff you start doing when you run out of other ideas or characters people want in 1/6 or PF form. What a waste of time and resources.

In 1/6th scale, as a wall hanging environment for the 1/6th Ben Kenobi, I think it would have been extremely cool, particularly since they did a similar thing with the carbonite Han. I could envision several cool environments that could be done in this format. But as a stand-alone non-1/6th scaled "statue" piece, I have no interest in this. (except for the cool lighting on the top.)

This is more than likely gonna be a pass for me, I just don't really understand it. Is it just supposed to be a straight Dio line, or is it meant to be something that you can display figures on? I understand the whole wall mountable to save shelf space, but is that pretty much all it is, a wall mounted Dio? It's nice and all, but not really for me. I really hope this isn't the Exciting announcement.

Looks like a pretty good Obi-wan sculpt, and a nice choice for something we haven't really seen before in terms of setting. This piece is not for me though.

Get out of my head man! Yeah I pretty much feel the same way. Still though, great work.

This is more than likely gonna be a pass for me, I just don't really understand it. Is it just supposed to be a straight Dio line, or is it meant to be something that you can display figures on? I understand the whole wall mountable to save shelf space, but is that pretty much all it is, a wall mounted Dio? It's nice and all, but not really for me. I really hope this isn't the Exciting announcement.

It basically like the alien dios which have a wall mountable option but this is apart of the standard diorama line.

It basically like the alien dios which have a wall mountable option but this is apart of the standard diorama line.

Yup. It's supposed to offer a way to have a small, compact, single character statue piece, but rather than have a person just standing there in some pose, they add a chunk of environment in to make it more a diorama, but still keep the overall piece scaled down. It's really nice. My 3 Alien and Predator dios take up a little over the ammount of space the Anakin Obi-Wan dio takes up, 3 in the space of one, and the creatures are about the same size as the Ani-Obi dio, so there's no lack of quality.

I'm a little surprised by this reaction. It's still a diorama along the lines of the Vader/Antilles or Anakin vs. Obi-wan - but it can be hung on a wall. Why does that fact cheapen the whole thing? :confused:

Back