Dragon Age: Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the PC version. Good god this game is ????ing awesome. I'm enjoying it MUCH more then I did Mass Effect. It really is the perfect Bioware game, at least for me, combining everything that made their previous games great. :rock Currently doing the Mage Tower quests so I can complete the one in Redcliff Castle, and I'm LOVING this game's take on mages. That and Morrigan's and Wynn's spells definately make me want to roll one, maybe an evil blood mage. :D

Whoo,
picked this up for 35 at Best Buy, about 2 hours in.
This is fun!

Wonder if SideShow can make the main characters so I don't have to buy more Monty Python knight sets off of Ebay to cutomize?

:google

Morrigan > ALL of the other characters combined.

Well, I havent finished the game but Zevran,Alister and Shale are all as well written and well rounded as Morrigan imo.
Though I admit she saves my bacon more than I save hers.
My 360 is starting to give me the red rings of death on a reg basis, sadly I fore see a big pause in my story coming.

Anyone come across the 300/Gerard Butler ripoff character yet.
Very funny
As is the Superman tip o' the hat.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My wife is going to a bridal shower today and the kids are staying at Grandma's, so I see alot of gametime but hopefully I won't finish. Can anyone tell me how much of the game is left after you unite the kingdoms?

I bought the game for $45 at target last wednesday as my sister's xmas gift to me (she couldn't make it to target for the sale). It's sitting in my DVD rack unopened whilst I await my repayment for the purchase :lol.

I SOOO want to rip it open and play it, but I feel like i should hold out til xmas. :(

I think there's some things that are setup in a way that can be impossible

Like there's one part, I fought one big set of enemies, then they had me go fight another, but more kept on coming in and I always died.

I eventually got tired of it and used cheat codes to level myself up all the way, still didn't help.

Turned out the enemies would keep spawning unless you walked down to the area they were spawning.

Plus-enemy skill level adjusts to your character level, so leveling up doesn't really make you all that better.

i chose warrior and the game is freaking difficult!!wtf!!:banghead:banghead
You may have to do a few "dry runs" up to about lvl 5 or so until you
get the game mechanics down. Thats what I and many other players have done. Dont forget you can change the difficulty lvl.
Its a game worth sticking with...its just deep in player options and can be overwhelming.

Last edited:
I think there's some things that are setup in a way that can be impossible

Like there's one part, I fought one big set of enemies, then they had me go fight another, but more kept on coming in and I always died.

I eventually got tired of it and used cheat codes to level myself up all the way, still didn't help.

Turned out the enemies would keep spawning unless you walked down to the area they were spawning.

Plus-enemy skill level adjusts to your character level, so leveling up doesn't really make you all that better.

same here man stuck right now on the village fight.
guys keep coming and keep getting killed.

You may have to do a few "dry runs" up to about lvl 5 or so until you
get the game mechanics down. Thats what I and many other players have done. Dont gorget you can change the difficulty lvl.
Its a game worth sticking with...its just deep in player options and can be overwhelming.

i am level 7 and the only moves he knows is pierce striking and shield bash..i will try with mage!!:banghead:banghead

i am level 7 and the only moves he knows is pierce striking and shield bash..i will try with mage!!:banghead:banghead

Im a warrior class as well.
Some things must be remembered and practiced:
1.Gang up on the bad guys. Determine who the leader is and focus your entire group on him. Dont let the members of your team get into individual fights.
Focus!!
Take out enemy mages first.
2.Pausing multiples times in a fight is a good idea.
Use the time to reevaluate the battle.
3.Have a well rounded team.
Mage
Rogue/Archer
Warrior
Warrior
Have the the mage and archer engage in ranged battle only.
Get some licks in before the bad guys even get into melee range.
4.Understand some weapons and spells work better on some enemies better than others. Ex: Dragons hate the cold.
5.Are using everything in your arsenal?
Poisons,grenades,enchantments?
Upgrade if you can after every fight.
Make sure all of your characters invest a point or 2 in poisons.
A warrior that cant use poisons is severely handicapped.
6.Make sure youre well stocked on potions.
7.It is possible to make poisons and health while paused in battle,if the ingredients and talent is on hand.
8.UNDERSTAND AND UTILIZE THE TACTICS MENU!!!!!!!!!
CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH.
Tell when to use health potions.
I tell my dog to attack the same guy my warrior is fighting for example.
9.Always keep your talents activated in case of surprise attacks.
But you dont always need them all on.
10.Finally:If you have ADD you will be SOL at this game.:duh
:peace

thanks for the advice spartan rex...well i am in the beginning though...the other problem is that my player has always penalties..such as defense penalty,dexterity penalty,quick attack penalty etc...is this of the usual deaths or not???i think the quick attack has something to do with the weight of the armor and the equipment..at least that was in the old rpgs...am i right???

Okay, here's a question before I return to Orzannar. I rolled a dwarf noble, and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just visited Flemith to get her grimmoire...that was unexpected.

Indeed. How the hell can you beat her!? I got my ass whooped within seconds!

I just started playing, think im at level 6. But I'm not liking the battle mode, I hit 'x', but half the time my guy never attacks or wanders off. It makes me wanna stop playing but I can't. And then all the "abilities" I dont get. I'll stick with the game, hopefully I get the hang of it.

Back