Mechwarrior Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey2Bullets

Super Freak
Reaction score
for us older guys.

i'm really interested in seeing how they update/rework the universe. hopefully they can bring that simulator feel to the console.

<embed src='https://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=18954&downloadURL=https://pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/article/100/1002109/mechwarrior_trl_phoenix_70709_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed><div style='width:433;'><a href='https://pc.ign.com/objects/018/018954.html'>More MechWarrior News & Previews</a></div>

Looks awesome. After suffering through all that Mechassault crap, it's nice to have a game where you are in the c-o-c-k-pit.

Dude...that was a classic Battletech Warhammer that got toasted! I thought Battletech lost all the rights to those designs from Robotech/Macross (the Tomahawk in this case) where they originally licensed it from?

Wow, is Mechwarrior actually being remade? That's my dream come true!

Thanks to Microsoft, everything just went downhill after Mechwarrior 4. Hopefully, a new publisher does better with the franchise.

That was a freaking macross tomahawk, what a rip-off.

Mech-warrior is made up of mecha from various japanese anime before it became popular it the west. Seen lots the mecha from macross in mechwarrior.

god i used play these games like crazy years ago . think the name of the chasis i used was mad dog.:lol this vid looks fantastic!!!!

My favorite mech is either the Timberwolf (aka. Mad Cat) or the Stone Rhino (aka. Behemoth). I mastered Ghost Bear's Legacy with the Stone Rhino, and managed to get my own bloodline at the end of the game. Man, does this bring back memories.

Here's the Stone Rhino. The laser canons can be used can be used in close range combat as battering rams against enemy mechs.

StoneRhino.jpg

That was a freaking macross tomahawk, what a rip-off.

Mech-warrior is made up of mecha from various japanese anime before it became popular it the west. Seen lots the mecha from macross in mechwarrior.

Only these three mech designs in Battletech were copied from Japanese anime: Stone Rhino, Marauder, and Hell Bringer. All the other designs were original.

They're still pretty awesome mechs, though.

Only these three mech designs in Battletech were copied from Japanese anime: Stone Rhino, Marauder, and Hell Bringer. All the other designs were original.

They're still pretty awesome mechs, though.

So the Battletech Warhammer mech:

battletech.jpg

wasn't at all based on the Macross Tomahawk?

tomahawk.jpg

And the Battletech Stinger mech:

191px-Stinger.jpg

wasn't based on the Macross Valkyrie?

dxbootvalkbox.jpg

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the classic Battletech system! It was one of my first strategy/RPGs back in high school. But they "borrowed" a LOT more designs than just three.

So the Battletech Warhammer mech:

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the classic Battletech system! It was one of my first strategy/RPGs back in high school. But they "borrowed" a LOT more designs than just three.

Sorry, I meant Warhammer, not Hell Bringer. The Hell Bringer (aka. Loki) was a mech closely related to the Summoner (aka. Thor), and it was an original design.

By the way, I completely forgot about the Stinger! But from what I remember, it wasn't a popular design, and wasn't even featured in any of the PC games.

You're right that more than three mechs were copied. From the top of my head, here's the list of copied mechs:

1. Warhammer
2. Horned Owl
3. Incubus
4. Marauder
5. Stone Rhino
6. Mauler
7. Stinger

Now, for the list of mechs that were not copied:

Firemoth
Kitfox
Jenner
Phantom
Raven
Puma
Nova
Supernova
Shadow Cat
Cougar
Storm Crow
Hell Bringer
Mad Dog
Timber Wolf
Mad Cat II
Nova Cat
Warhawk
Executioner
Dire Wolf
Kodiak
I.S. Atlas
etc.

Of course, there are many more mechs, but those are the only ones that I can list without checking the Internet :lol. But, you get the idea. The number of original mechs, greatly outweigh the number of copied mechs. Not that I support copying/plagiarism - it's bad any way you look at it :(.

who gives a crap what mechs were copied from where. it's most likely a tribute 'cause the programmers/creators of the rpg and the VG were huge fans of jap mechs.

all i care is that these things are big slow lumbering death machines rather than fighter jets with legs.

i want to see some clan action too, the whole splinter race of humanity always interested me.

Awsome news !
that trailer looked incredible.
I hope that was ingame footage!

My favorite Mechwarrior game would have to be:
MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg

and the TIMBERWOLF mech was my favorite !
I hope they have them on this new game.

Awsome news !

MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg

The Timberwolf / MadCat is now the most iconic mech from the series, so I'm sure it will make an appearance.

Awsome news !

MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg

MechWarrior 2 is my favorite as well. I remember the first time I played it in grade 5. I used my old Pentium 1 PC with 150 mhz, and 16 mb ram. ha ha... those were the days.

I've played them all & I reckon the original MW had a depth of play that the sequels missed. The graphics were really basic (untextured polygons) but the game play had me sitting glued to my EGA monitor for hours on end.

Forming a team by hiring pilots and mechanics at different planets & building up a small mech army for mercenary missions was awesome. Not to mention tactically targeting the cockpit of enemy mechs, killing the pilot, so you could salvage the mech with minimal repairs for redeployment in the the next sortie.

Man, they should do an in-cockpit MMO for this game, great universe to exploit.

Guess I'll have to get this new one, looks good. See you on the battle field free-births!! :lol

I saw an online article that had a few stills from the trailer. While the design of the Warhammer in the new game is similar, it's definitely not the old Macross design any more. They did a very nice job updating it and making it unique, while obviously maintaining the 'feel' of the original :D

Man, I still remember the very first Battletech/Mechwarrior videogame - Crescent Hawk's Revenge (or was it Inception?). It was more RPG-ish that simulator, but was still a ton of fun. I still have the lapel pin that came with the game.

But for real you-are-there giant 'mech action, nothing beats Steel Battalion on the original Xbox. Once you got used to the three-pedal forty-button controller, it was the most visceral 'mech experience you could ever had. And there are rumours of an Xbox 360 version coming down the pipe... :banana

Back