Prince of Persia... trailer hits the net!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prince of Persia... tailer hits the net!

Bruckheimer says that test audiences reacted very positively to screening the film:

Before Hollywood releases movies, they show the films to test audiences to see what they think. If the test audiences hate the picture, changes will be made. If not, then everything's gravy. How did the Prince of Persia screening fair?

According to film producer Jerry Bruckheimer, the movie is screening great — no, better than great. Greater than great! Says the producer, "What we found when we tested the movie a few weeks ago, and it tested extraordinarily high which surprised me because I always think these things are going to fail but this one turned out great; the women were a surprise because I thought we made a terrific movie for the boys because the girl is beautiful but the women flipped over this film."

Continuing, he adds, "I've never had a score where the parents, there is violence, too, because it's PG-13, but the parents rated the film a hundred percent with an excellent or very good which has never happened before. So it's one of these movies that we know they'll take their children to go see it which is a huge advantage for a film, that parents can say, 'Hey, it's cool. My kid can see it.'"

Even jaded old me must admit, that trailer looks pretty cool.

Full interview with Bruckheimer and PoP creator Jordan Mechner here (some good info):
https://www.latinoreview.com/news/i...y-bruckheimer-and-creator-jordan-mechner-8448

this film looks awesome, it seems that their incorperating elements from all 3 games (The outfit from 2, the evil prince from 3-when he activates the dagger his arm glows like in the 3- and the whip thing from that giant fat guy in 3)
im super excited :D
oh and i think assassins creed would be so amazing!

New trailer!!!

<object id='ignplayer' width='480' height='270' data='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=pop_mov_trl2_030110&object=664420'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='https://movies.ign.com/objects/664/664420.html'>More Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time News & Previews</a></div>

This might very well be the first decent video game movie adaptation!!
:rock:rock!

Looks pretty awesome! It reminds me of a couple of things though... Assassins Creed and Disney's Aladdin for instance
Not that that's a bad thing :lol

woah that trailer looks sick and i agree with your post Ingo. :rock

Saw this movie today. Good fun, a tad too long maybe. British accents are damn annoying though :slap
But this is not "the new Pirates of the Caribean" :dunno

How was Gemma? Was she in the film a lot?

:lol:pfft::rotfl
I meant no offence, bro. British accents are cool, just not for American actors who are supposed to portray Persians :cuckoo:

I thought that was weird too, but I guess they don't want to put on Arab voices as it's not very PC :dunno .

Take Gladiator, most of the Romans spoke with an English accent as well.

However it's a shame Russell Crowe could not do an English accent for Robin Hood, as it sounded more like an Irishman who has lived in Wales for 20 years.

People can't get over the race thing. Who cares? If you can name a Persian actor that has enough draw for a summer blockbuster film produced by Jerry 'I know what sells' Bruckheimer, then tell me. Well, tell Disney. And it's not like this is new in Hollywood either.

What is funny is that they don't realize the Persia itself was a melting pot for civilizations during its reign. While Persia itself is placed within Iran and Iraq in modern times the empire itself stretched far beyond that:

persian_empire_490_bc.jpg

Its more than understandable that those living in the Persian Empire would speak different languages, would look different, would usually be tan since they are out in the sun for a ton of time and wait for it.....wait for it......wait for it.....that some might even have what we call in traditional modern times a British accent. While the British empire was centuries away, the people themselves weren't non-existant. It seems that people just look for something to _____ about in anything. There were Persians living in parts of Egypt and Greece, do people expect they'd all look the same? While I understand that the film itself is based upon game which has its constraints it is just a film....The film looks like fun and has been getting fairly positive reviews so I'm psyched to go and see it.

I thought that was weird too, but I guess they don't want to put on Arab voices as it's not very PC :dunno .

Take Gladiator, most of the Romans spoke with an English accent as well.

However it's a shame Russell Crowe could not do an English accent for Robin Hood, as it sounded more like an Irishman who has lived in Wales for 20 years.

speaking of Robin Hoods with English accents, I believe the only Robin Hood who had one was from Robin Hood: Men In Tights played by Cary Elwes.

People can't get over the race thing. Who cares? If you can name a Persian actor that has enough draw for a summer blockbuster film produced by Jerry 'I know what sells' Bruckheimer, then tell me. Well, tell Disney. And it's not like this is new in Hollywood either.

Well, there is always Faran Tahir. He's not Persian, but he is Pakistani, and he's got presence. He plays Raza from Iron Man and Captain Rabou from Star Trek (2009).

Actually, there was a guy they were considering who actually was a Persian prince but they chose Jake Gyllenhal instead

Back