Dragon Age: Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eFCEWymAc8g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eFCEWymAc8g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/y-hxHaebrOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/y-hxHaebrOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was playing it alot when it first released, killed all the dragons....into the last campagin....got tideous...I log on once a week to bang Leliana thats about it...... but the game is no doubt lots of fun..... Arcane Warrior can solo just about anything....a few vids out there of them doing solo party nightmare runs.....

Finally picked this one up. Damn I get the feeling this one is going to take a while. I made an Elf Mage type character. Very unlike me. I usually just go for the traditional fighter. I wanted to try something different. Only played for about 2 hours.

how's the load times on this game? I couldn't play Oblivion b/c of the load time.

There are a few loading times inbetween zones, but nothing deal breaking as long as you have a good PC. If not, then it might suffer a bit. No idea on the loading times for the consoles though.

Finally picked this one up. Damn I get the feeling this one is going to take a while. I made an Elf Mage type character. Very unlike me. I usually just go for the traditional fighter. I wanted to try something different. Only played for about 2 hours.

i think with mage the game is easier...i have a warrior and all the time is being killed...where is selfness???:lol:lol:lol

Dragon Age: Origins Expansion Announced
Written Tuesday, January 05, 2010 by Richard Walker

According to (what appears to be) a press release from EA and BioWare, the two companies are finally laying rumours to rest in announcing Dragon Age: Origins - Awakenings, a tasty new expansion pack for - you guessed it - Dragon Age: Origins.

The pack, which will retail in the US for the princely sum of $39.99, will hits shops this spring and sees you adopting the role of a Grey Warden following the events of Dragon Age: Origins in the land of Amarthine.

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to rebuild the order of legendary warriors while dealing with such new threats as the fearsome Inferno Golem and scary-sounding Spectral Dragon as well as the mysterious 'Architect'.

You'll also discover new secrets of the Darkspawn, but not before taking advantage of being able to port over and customise your existing Dragon Age character (if you want to that is).

Awakenings also raises the level cap as well as adding new items, abilities and spells to your repertoire. Throw in the inclusion of a new Grey Warden character from the land of Orlais and five new party members to recruit and you have what should prove to be a very enticing package indeed.

Details about the size of the expansion are yet to be revealed, but for the price we think it'd be fair to say that we expect a fair chunk of bang for our buck.

Over to Dr. Ray Muzyka to sum up, "Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening shows BioWare's commitment to our fans by delivering new story-driven experiences which enrich the dark heroic fantasy universe our fans have come to know and love. The vibrant worldwide community of Dragon Age fans will relish uncovering the secret motivations of the darkspawn, revealing how the darkspawn continue to infest the world despite the defeat of the Archdemon."

Amen, sir. Amen.

GameStop have the expansion slated for a March 16th release.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4115-Dragon-Age--Origins-Expansion-Announced.html

Finally beat it after around 76 hours. Definitely well worth the time.

I chose to be a female rogue elf, and I ended up being a skank. Managed to sleep with Zevran, Alistair, and Leliana in that order. hahahaha.

Now I gotta try and go through the game again (a bit quicker) as a male Arcane Warrior, sleep with Morrigan, and get some more Trophies. :D

Still haven't finished my first game, and I was hoping to have completed it before ME2 releases.

I just finished the game, dont know the time it took, but the game was awesome. It took some time to "learn" the game, but it was worth it. I'm still waiting for the new DLC content and I Pre-ordered the Expansion which comes out in March, can't wait.

I'm about done, tried to finish up before I bought ME2 but wasn't able to b/c of work but should be finished up by week's end. love the game and look forward to the downloadable content. may have to play Left 4 Dead 2 just so I have the patience to go through ME2 the right way with all of the talking. need to recharge the batteries with a "shooter".

Third time I have restarted this game. Only now have I got the feel of it. A city elf training to be an assassin/duelist.

Ugh! I think I am going to restart my game as well but I might wait until after I play ME2. I do need to start my character over again. Not happy with him. I dig my party setup though.

February 1, 2010 - If all BioWare's first expansion to Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening, did was give players a chance to explore Amarthanthine and finally unravel the mystery behind the Darkspawn, that would be enough for us. As our 2009 PC Game of the Year, Dragon Age's expansions and sequels need no further justification than simply allowing us to do more of what we loved so much the first time around.

Fortunately, that's not enough for BioWare. The team behind the game are releasing an expansion that includes new options to customize our characters, loads of new abilities and items, and an increased level cap. The expansion will also offer up five new party members for the player to use as they delve deeper into BioWare's ambitious roleplaying game.

Today we're taking a look at the first of these new members, Anders. We've got a new video showing him off and a brief description of who he is.

ANDERS
Many mages chafe under the Chantry's control, and Anders is no exception. Although most mages are brought into the Circle at a young age, Anders was an adolescent by the time the templars found him: he had an understanding of the outside world and knew full well what he was missing. To him, the walls of the Circle Tower were nothing more than a prison. A born troublemaker, Anders repeatedly broke out of the tower, displaying great ingenuity. But for all his resourcefulness and talent, he could never quite elude the templars. It's a lucky thing that Anders despises blood mages as much as the Chantry does, else he might have been executed as a suspected maleficarum long ago. In truth, all he wants is freedom--well, freedom, a good meal, and a pretty girl on his arm. That's not too much to ask, is it?

<object id='ignplayer' width='480' height='270' data='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=dragonageorigns_trl_awakeningtrailer_10410&object=56423'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='https://xbox360.ign.com/objects/056/056423.html'>Dragon Age: Origins -- Awakening at IGN.com</a></div>

Last edited:
After finishing ME2 last weekend I decided to put this back in and trying to finish it up before the next expansion.

Back