Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is for the kids who come from them.

Can't see it. Making sure the kids know it wasn't their fault is good, but not normalizing it. Kids from broken homes become parents in broken homes too often, telling them its "normal" ie "okay" isn't good. But I digress.

Can't see it. Making sure the kids know it wasn't their fault is good, but not normalizing it. Kids from broken homes become parents in broken homes too often, telling them its "normal" ie "okay" isn't good.

The thing is, broken homes are normal by pretty much every definition. It's good to reflect this in the shows kids watch (for example The Sarah Jane Adventures) and let them see this doesn't need to stop them from growing up to be Martha Jones. Compare this to the early instances of broken homes on TV!

This is a thread about spoilers... not about spoiling a thread. :lecture

I don't think this spoils the thread. As I said earlier, the purpose of good science fiction is to spark a spirited discussion just like this one. I'm just sorry I'm late to the party.

I have family in England that I might ask to look for Who merch for my wife and I. I was surprised at their lack of ability to find Sherlock Holmes stuff though.

Wife and I just finished the disc with Family of Blood and Blink on it. All great episodes. My wife wants a tshirt that says "The angels have the phone box." :lol We just laughed and laughed when he said that.

Wife and I just finished the disc with Family of Blood and Blink on it. All great episodes. My wife wants a tshirt that says "The angels have the phone box." :lol We just laughed and laughed when he said that.

Haha go to certain tshirt sites and they DO have them. I've been tempted to get one more than once.

Blink is also one of my favourite episodes for quotes, one of which I used in my sig. I wonder if we'll see the Weeping Angels again with Moffatt taking over as showrunner for series five. Not sure how they'd be used but it would be good to have them back.

The ending of Blink certainly leaves you with the impression that there could be a follow up, though not necessarily using angels.

The ending of Blink certainly leaves you with the impression that there could be a follow up, though not necessarily using angels.

The only impression Blink left with me was pretty much the same as the previous "Doctor Where?" episode and that was "Only a complete twat would think it'd be a good idea to have a Doctor Who story where he's barely in it"
I liked the Weeping Angels as baddies but the rest was overrated drivel and after the tediousness of "Family of Blood/Human Nature" this really started me on the road to my present opinion of Nu-Who as being Not-Who.

Last edited:
You confirmed what my previous impression of your attitude about the series was and that whatever makes you mad about the series I should keeping looking forward to...because those were kick ass episodes.

You confirmed what my previous impression of your attitude about the series was and that whatever makes you mad about the series I should keeping looking forward to...because those were kick ass episodes.

Fair enough if you like them but I don't think episodes like Blink should even have Doctor Who on the opening credits and the 10th Doctor acts far too human as it is without having a story where he virtually becomes one as he did in "Family of Blood/Human Nature".
Thinking about it though I should really like Blink more as it provides something of a break from David Tennant's crappy acting.

Last edited:
TENNANT WILL BE HISTORY AFTER NEXT YEAR'S SPECIALS!!!!!
After picking up another National Television Award he announced that when the show returns for a 5th full series in 2010 it will "be without me".
Good riddance I say,his one dimensional "smartmouth" act got old by the end of his 1st series and became plain irritating after that.
With RTD also leaving at the same time this means the 5th series will be a whole new era,hopefully one that brings about some episodes that are worthy of the Doctor Who name as opposed to the drivel that's made up the majority of the last 2 series.

Last edited:
Back