Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated Who report. The wife and I are on Season 3 of new who, just finished watching the Shakespeare episode which was great and the traffic jam episode which wasn't so good. I do like the contrast of Martha vs Rose.

Also just finished the Unearthly Child disc with the first Doctor. Very good. Liked it more than the few Tom Baker episodes so far.

I have been really getting into the first Doctor lately as well. Just finished the Keys of Marinus last night. :duff

By the way speaking of classic WHO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

and

Spoiler Spoiler:

By the way speaking of classic WHO:

Spoiler Spoiler:

and

Spoiler Spoiler:

That second one would be awesome and I daresay he would act Tennant off the screen.

I'd be wary of trusting too many of these "spoilers." It's very early days on the Moffatt regime and much of this material is coming from an untested and often self-contradictory source over on DWF.

Eddie has been verified by "those in the know" (ie CO=Ordinator, TDT, Lee Mansfield, among others) to be a VERY reliable source of info. You can choose to believe him or not, but the folks who obviously know what they are on about trust him.

Eddie has been verified by "those in the know" (ie CO=Ordinator, TDT, Lee Mansfield, among others) to be a VERY reliable source of info. You can choose to believe him or not, but the folks who obviously know what they are on about trust him.

I'm not sure how someone can be endorsed as a "very reliable source" when their information is directly at odds with that of the endorser (for example the McGann thing, which is now apparently a done deal).

Frankly I suspect Eddie is a windup merchant. The number of contradictions in his story and his tendency to energetically attack anyone who questions his rumors makes him a bit suspect. I suppose time will tell, but it's a bit early to pretend he's "tested."

Whats your name over on DWF barbelith?

Now why would I play that game? I'm just expressing a healthy skepticism that an untested source could suddenly spill an incredible amount of fairly major spoilers a year before most of this stuff is even going to be filmed.

If Eddie is legit (and I concede many have vouched for him), it shouldn't be too difficult for the production team to figure out who he is and feed him a series of whoppers.

Don't be so paranoid. :lol I was just curious what your handle is. A few of us on here have differnt names there than here. :lecture

Nope. DT is going to stay on through the 2010 series 5 which may (or may not) be his final series. :lecture

At least, thats the scuttlebutt.

Thats a bit away I suppose. I wonder if they are going to do something "bold" and move away from the "white guy" thing. British shows seem to be getting more and more "progressive".

I would really have liked Doctor Moon (Colin Salmon) from series 4 to have turned out to be the 11th Doc.

a2j_408-SilenceintheLibrary-00907.jpg

That being said, everything trickling out about series 5 sounds like its going to be one of the great seasons in all of DW. (per Barbe's point about it being too early to know anything, we know Moffat has already begun writing the 5.1 (according to what he said at SDCC I think) and the conceptualizing of things begins far FAAAAAR before filming... ie Series 1 was announced in 2003, two full years before it actually aired--- which news by the way was first broken at DWF by Lee Mansfield who has verified that Eddie is a reliable source to listen to). :)

Thats a bit away I suppose. I wonder if they are going to do something "bold" and move away from the "white guy" thing. British shows seem to be getting more and more "progressive".

As long as such a decision was made on the basis of the actor's talent and not done just so the producers can say "Look how modern and PC we are".
There's been enough of that type of thinking with some of the themes that have been included in the revived Doctor Who and it's main spinoff already and much of the time it had no relevance to the story and just felt forced on the audience.

I also hope that Steven Moffatt doesn't have the same sort of agendas that RTD has for using his work to get across certain personal views and just concentrates on making great stories.
If he can do that,plus getting an actor that can do more than 1 emotion to replace David Tennant then maybe I'll give Nu-Who a final chance.

Last edited:
I also hope that Steven Moffatt doesn't have the same sort of agendas that RTD has for using his work to get across certain personal views and just concentrates on making great stories.

What's the point of writing if you don't have anything to say?

Back