Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen TCI soo many times and Im always trying to spot exact bits of screen worn costumes. It's hard though as there are so many of the same item just in different colors or lengths for scarves.

Anyway, it would be a shame for David to leave as this is his dream and he seems to be getting a fair bit of side work while still doing Doctor Who but I am all for good actors getting better profiles. It just worries me at this rate because Time Lords, barring anything unseen, are only supposed to have 13 regenerations and we are on 10 now. That would leave only 3 more regenerations.

Memnoch21 said:
...It just worries me at this rate because Time Lords, barring anything unseen, are only supposed to have 13 regenerations and we are on 10 now. That would leave only 3 more regenerations.

And isn't one of those supposed to be the Valeyard?

Hmm Pix this is the first time Im hearing of this Valeyard... enlighten? If its from the classic series you must forgive as I run on a budget and haven't seen them all yet.

EDIT: Just read about the Valeyard on Wikipedia. It says that he is a possible bridge between regenerations 12 and 13, so while not set in stone... it would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Memnoch21 said:
Hmm Pix this is the first time Im hearing of this Valeyard... enlighten? If its from the classic series you must forgive as I run on a budget and haven't seen them all yet.

EDIT: Just read about the Valeyard on Wikipedia. It says that he is a possible bridge between regenerations 12 and 13, so while not set in stone... it would be interesting to see.

I think it would also be very interesting to see. I thnk we are going to see loads and loads more Doctor history in this coming up season/series. He mentioned Gallifrey in TCI and I about wet myself hearing that. Looks like RTD is finially ready to tie in the original series to this new series. It can only mean good things for this to happen.

What if hints of the Valeyard showing up have already been planted? Donna said that the Doctor scared her, that he was dark, he was violent... thats why he needs a companion, to keep him in check. Survivors guilt, losing Rose, everything in his past... it could take something very small to make him snap between regenerations 12 and 13 and BOOM we get the Valeyard.

So I started poking around on Wikipedia and on the Rani's page it says that in one of the spin off materials the Rain, the Master and the Doctor are all technically renegade Time Lords/Ladies. The only one, so far, that hasn't done anything evil is the Doctor. Now Im obviously skirting the issue of the Time War as I am sure he did things that would be considered evil, "I was there at the fall of Arcadia, someday I may even come to terms with that.", so maybe this is a way for RTD to slowly give hints of the Time Lords survival of the war, the Doctor finds out at the end of the 12th regeneration and snaps giving us the Valeyard.

I hope the tabloid rumours about Tenant's departure aren't true, I really think he's doing a great job as the Doctor and hope he stays on for at least a few more series.

I think as well there's a danger that if the actor that plays the Doctor and the companion is always changing Dr Who will lose some of it's appeal to the more casual audience.

At the moment it's a HUGE hit in the UK and I mean HUGE, we've never seen anything like it over here guys. But although I think the show would survive the brisk changes in Doctor and Companion (it always has before) I also think it would start to lose some of it's ratings. The audience is mostly made up of casual viewers and not long term fans, so there's a danger they might get bored with actors and actresses constantly departing and being replaced by new ones.

The answer?

Get some long term contracts signed BBC!!!!

I would love to see David Tennant stay at least 5 more years, but I know that probably won't happen. I wish I were over there in the UK though because the US is getting shafted (and honestly, rightly so) but we can't see any of the cool videos for Doctor Who, Torchwood or get the really good merchandise. I had to import the soundtrack.

Memnoch21 said:
I would love to see David Tennant stay at least 5 more years, but I know that probably won't happen. I wish I were over there in the UK though because the US is getting shafted (and honestly, rightly so) but we can't see any of the cool videos for Doctor Who, Torchwood or get the really good merchandise. I had to import the soundtrack.

Well, you can download all the stuff they have on BBC on WHO, but it takes so much effort, it's not even worth it...I too wish sci-fi here in the u.s. would aire all the extra shows about who as well.... :monkey2 :monkey2

congerking said:
Karma, you are back into my good book...this is greaeaeaeaeaeaeat news.

that's karma, man.....take the bad then along comes the good

without the sour the sweet ain't so sweet

It is gonna be .... FANTASTIC! This should mean no more torrents of Doctor Who and Torchwood. I just hope that it isnt a total pay service but something akin to iTunes.

Memnoch21 said:
It is gonna be .... FANTASTIC! This should mean no more torrents of Doctor Who and Torchwood. I just hope that it isnt a total pay service but something akin to iTunes.

Yea, I'm so sick of torrents I can yell...good to know though, I thought I was the only one...:chew :chew

It was after 8 Eastern before Runaway Bride even showed on a torrent and I couldnt start to download it before 9 i think. I was watching it as it was going into the 26th. Torchwood on the other hand seems to go up fairly quickly.

Just read something that might prove to be interesting....The face of Boe will tell the lonely traveler 4 words before he dies...speculation is that it will be "you are not alone"......rumor is that captain jack might come from gallifrey, and since he is going to be in the season/series finale of dr who, this might actually fit together.....

Just got around to the Runaway Bride. Great little episode. Now either the Beeb has gotten VERY good at f/x or this one special had more f/x money than the whole first season. Still didn't have all the money for sets, but finally some high quality f/x. Also really dug the creature design on the Empress. I felt like I had seen the actor playing her somewhere before...

Hey, what'd ya know:

JOHN Barrowman, 39, who stars as Captain Jack Harkness in Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, tied the knot in a civil ceremony with his long-term partner, architect Scott Gill, in Cardiff yesterday [Dec. 27, 2006].

Congrats to the happy couple, I say!

gdb said:
Just got around to the Runaway Bride. Great little episode. Now either the Beeb has gotten VERY good at f/x or this one special had more f/x money than the whole first season. Still didn't have all the money for sets, but finally some high quality f/x. Also really dug the creature design on the Empress. I felt like I had seen the actor playing her somewhere before...

Hey, what'd ya know:

JOHN Barrowman, 39, who stars as Captain Jack Harkness in Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, tied the knot in a civil ceremony with his long-term partner, architect Scott Gill, in Cardiff yesterday [Dec. 27, 2006].

Congrats to the happy couple, I say!

Yea, congrats to Captain Jack, hope he has a happy life with Scott. I also thought the f/x for TRB was a step up from what they have previously done. The TARDIS flying next to the freeway/highway was great. The Rachnos Empress was played by Sarah Parish. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0661703/ She hasn't been in anything that I've ever heard of, but not surpising where I live. I thought she was very good in the episode. But the best part was the doctor saying...

GALLIFREY !!!!

Back