Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that would make sense, an episode focusing on him moping about Rose would be a bit of a downer.

Especially for Christmas day:lol

A British Scifi magazine recently did an interview with RTD and he said that although elements of Dr Who would crossover into Torchwood fans shouldn't expect to see the Doctor in Torchwood EVER.

Basically he thinks of Torchwood as an adult show and Dr Who as a family show and doesn't want to confuse the two by putting the Doctor in an episode of Torchwood.

Apparently it's okay to have Captain Jack turn up in Who though:rotfl

Anyway Sarah Jane Adventures are going to start on New Years day, I've a feeling this may be a spin off too far though.

Yes, what Jabba said! lol Apparently John Barrowman has said they will do a quick reintro for Jack though when he shows up again in Who and not to expect the same Jack that you saw him when he was pre-death Who and post death Torchwood as they are the same but different characters. The only Doctor connections we will get will be very very veiled, like the hand in the jar or the coral.

I do see where RTD is coming from on this one, it did get a little annoying in the first season of Angel when someone from Buffy was crossing over every 3 episodes or so.

Torchwood needs to stand on it's own two feet, that way it might draw in people who aren't fans of Dr Who and build up an almost seperate fanbase of it's own.

Mind you just watched the repeat of this weeks show, next week looks like a lame duck as well.

Still every show has the odd miss here and there.

Well I love em both. The only thing that has me a bit nervous is the apparent different ways Capt Jack is being portrayed, darker in Torchwood and a little lighter in Who. All I ask for is consistancy... buuuut then again we are talking about Who.

I'll be watching the Christmas special on the big day and I'm at work the following day, you want me to post spoilers galore in here or wait till it hits the states?

Do you guys know when it's coming out over there yet?

Go spoiler MAD because "oods" (ha, get it? Oods?) are that it will be on torrents before Christmas Day is done. And to the second question, no idea when it will hit the States. I was hoping they would start to air it close to the BBC's airings, but apparently not.

You sir shall be thoroughly "spoiled" come boxing day.

Yeah the oods were pretty cool, Impossible Planet and Satan Pit are my fave episodes from season two.

Really showed how dark RTD could make the show, introduced some real horror elements.

I still rave about the scene where the guy got possessed and was covered in writing with blood red eyes and then turned around and smashed the window with his hands to suck the girl out into space. It was so creepy and so scary for the time slot.

I'm sure the BBC will have had dozens of complaints about it from angry parents but it was still so cool.

And when Satan came out of the pit at the end of part one and it went TO BE CONTINUED.........

I've never sworn so much at the television.:rotfl

I just loved the overal content and context of Impossible Planet/Satan Pit. Having things older than the Doctor, his saying he loves Rose without saying it, there was alot of subtext in that episode and the two of them musing about getting a house together was marvelous. And quite possibly one of my favorite lines, " I think I'm going to say... retreat. Now I know I'm getting old."

Don't forget that great bit of foreshadowing from Satan himself "the little girl who will die in battle very soon".

Nice, that comment had fans on the edge of their seats for the rest of the season in the UK.

Well that's it. Sci Fi more or less killed the suspense in the season two finale. Their webpage says Rose dies and the focus of the tv spots is on Rose dying and not on Torchwood. Oh, and they flat out show the Daleks. Bah, why can't they just suck it up and use the UK previews. The one they showed at the end of of "Fear Her" actually made me start tearing up over the thought Rose was going to die.

Memnoch21 said:
Well that's it. Sci Fi more or less killed the suspense in the season two finale. Their webpage says Rose dies and the focus of the tv spots is on Rose dying and not on Torchwood. Oh, and they flat out show the Daleks. Bah, why can't they just suck it up and use the UK previews. The one they showed at the end of of "Fear Her" actually made me start tearing up over the thought Rose was going to die.

Yea, Sci-Fi advertised Daleks vs Cybermen which was just STUPID of them. That suprise was awesome when I first watched it

Dalek: "One dalek could kill all the cybermen" or something like that, suprised they didn't put that in the trailer on Sci-Fi.

Anyway, does anybody know when the Christmas Special comes out in the UK ?

The Runaway Bride will be on BBC one at 7pm Christmas Day. That is 2 pm Eastern and 12 am Pacific. I can't wait to see it!

Memnoch21 said:
The Runaway Bride will be on BBC one at 7pm Christmas Day. That is 2 pm Eastern and 12 am Pacific. I can't wait to see it!

excellent, I can d/l it christmas day, can't wait.....one thing I'm worried about is the new companion, don't know how that is going to work out.

Well we have until April to wait and see the new companion. I hope that if she does indeed fancy the Doctor, he will keep things much more platonic. I actually would have much rather him have a male companion instead of a female. Maybe that is why they will be bringing Jack back in.

I must say that I was sad Sci-Fi edited bits out of Doomsday like Jackie seeing the Cybermen comming up the stairs and Pete yelling to Mickey "That's an order!" and ripping off his ... thing after Rose went back to the good Doctor. Anyone notice if Army of Ghosts had any bits cut? Oh and soon we will get brand new Who! It just better go up sometime tonight because I need a fix.

I've seen every Doctor Who ever made except the latest Tennant series which hasn't come to the U.S. yet.

I don't think I've ever seen a companion's leaving as sad as Rose's. But there was never the deeper connection between the Doctor and his companion/s as there was between those two. Quite often the companions just were ready to leave and get back to their "normal" lives. Rose's last scene with the Doctor really breaks your heart -- at least mine.

I miss the old Tardis and Visions cons which were held in Chicago for several years. It was an opportunity to meet all the Doctors and companions and great fun. You couldn't meet a nice bunch of actors.

Memnoch21 said:
I must say that I was sad Sci-Fi edited bits out of Doomsday like Jackie seeing the Cybermen comming up the stairs and Pete yelling to Mickey "That's an order!" and ripping off his ... thing after Rose went back to the good Doctor. Anyone notice if Army of Ghosts had any bits cut? Oh and soon we will get brand new Who! It just better go up sometime tonight because I need a fix.

Hello Memnoch21:D

Well the new Christmas Special of Dr Who has aired in the UK today and didn't I promise you some spoilers?

Sure I did.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Okay The Runaway Bride picks up pretty much where Doomsday left off with the Doctor and a mysterious bride called Donna standing on the bridge of the Tardis. Turns out Donna was marrying a guy called Lance and was on her way down the isle when suddenly she got beamed aboard the Tardis. The Doctor lands the Tardis but there's a problem with it and it can't get them back to the church. So they flag down a cab to try and get her back in time for the ceremony. There's some comedy bits but basically Donna ends up getting kidnapped by the alien Santas from The Christmas Invasion. The Doctor rescues her and realises that the aliens who last year were scavengers are now being controlled by something more powerful and Donna is the key.

It turns out Donna met her husband to be Lance whilst working as a secretary in an office (I forget the name of the company, but it was a front for a Torchwood operation). The Doctor, Lance and Donna discover that the Torchwood group were secretly recreating long dead alien particles which magnetised themselves to the Tardis and that's how she ended up inside. Donna is full of these particles, but they're poison to humans and so she's dying because of it.

It turned out that Lance (her husband to be) was using her as an experiment and mixing the particles in with her tea, which he made her every day at work. Donna is the key to his plan. The latest monster then turns up, kind of a half demon/half giant spider, she is the empress of the arachnoids and is the one controlling the alien santa. Basically the arachnoids were a race of barbarians who devoured whole worlds and the Time Lords destroyed their whole race. Except for a small group of arachnoids buried in the centre of the earth.

The Emperess is trying to free her children so they can devour earth and needs to throw Donna, filled with the alien particles into a large pit they created in order to free the other arachnoids. Obviously she doesn't succeed and ends up getting blown up in her spaceship above earth, Lance is killed and Donna is taken home. The Doctor asks Donna whether she'd like to be his new companion and she declines but says he needs to find someone to travel with him. She saw how he turned when he killed the arachnoids and she says he needs someone to keep him in check as he scares her. He leaves in the tardis alone.

At the end of the episode was a small trailer with clips from season three episodes coming in the new year. They included a shot of the Face of Boe and the Black Dalek from Doomsday (who'll both be returning in season three) and some new aliens that look like giant Rhinos wearing boiler suits. There's also a brief clip of the Doctor with his new companion and him telling her she "isn't replacing Rose".

Hope this is what you wanted.

Merry Christmas mate:cool:

Ah Jabba thank you so very much. I found it online and am getting it now. And apparently series 3 will be showing in the US over the summer. Fantastic news as I cannot wait to watch series 3 on a proper television.

Back