Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent episode and so sad because it saw Christopher Eccleston leaving the role, he was great.

At the minute I'm reading some of the Ninth Doctor novels by BBC books they are aimed at kids but still a decent enough read. I didn't think much of The Stealers Of Dreams which was the one I've just finished, but Only Human the one I'm reading now is great.

The Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack have to sneak a caveman out of the hospital.

Do you guys get the Dr Who novels in the states?

Im not entirely sure. We may, but I dont know. Now we are up to TCI and Davids first outing. Kinda makes me want to pop in series 2 box set. :lol Ahh I can't wait for Sunday. Hopefully Smith and Jones will be up by then.

Memnoch21 said:
Im not entirely sure. We may, but I dont know. Now we are up to TCI and Davids first outing. Kinda makes me want to pop in series 2 box set. :lol Ahh I can't wait for Sunday. Hopefully Smith and Jones will be up by then.

Seeing as though UK is about 12 hours ahead than the US, I wouldn't be suprised if it's up saturday afternoon, that's when I'm goign to check.

congerking said:
Seeing as though UK is about 12 hours ahead than the US, I wouldn't be suprised if it's up saturday afternoon, that's when I'm goign to check.

Actually London is only 5 hours ahead of the US east coast, my time zone. And I got quite angry waiting for Runaway Bride to go up sooo Ill just wait until Sunday. I also have to deal with bandwidth restrictions in my dorm room so I have to go to the commons to use the wireless.

There have been trailers all week and tonight the BBC showed a Weakest Link special with the Doctor Who actors.

There was David, John Barrowman, Camile Coduri, Noel Clarke, Nicholas Briggs (the voice of the Daleks) and K9 (they actually had the robot on the show answering questions).

The Anne Droid made a brief appearance at the beginning until the real Ann Robinson pulled the plug on it.

Oh and John Barrowman invited her to a threesome with him and Noel when the show was finished:lol

Camille Coduri was terrible at answering the question, she hardly got anything right but managed to stay in the game right until the end when she was up against Noel.

Man, its times like this that I wish I were in the UK. Guess this is another thing to look for when searching on Sunday.

That was a great beginning to Season 3 ... 29, etc. Its funny now, but last year, I was all doom and gloom that Eccleston was leaving. Right now, I honestly couldn't see anyone other than Tennant as the Doctor. His combo of funny, with the capacity for dead serious, just reminds me so much of Tom Baker from my youth. The same thing happened when I heard Billie was leaving the show. But Martha seems smart and sexy in her first Ep. Sure, she has a long way to go to beat out Rose ... but she's off to a good start.

P.S. A question to you Brit SSC freaks. On TV.com https://www.tv.com/doctor-who-2005/last-of-the-timelords-2/episode/1015506/summary.html - it lists the 13th episode of the new season as series finale. The new Doctor Who isn't ending after this year, is it?

In the UK they call them "series" as opposed to "season". Also Doug, are you in the US? If so.. where did you get to see it?

Ah ... :D they scared me a bit there.

Well, I am not sure if I can talk about such things here, but if you have internet friends in the UK who encode it and then "share" it over the internet, you can watch it each week. I got to see it about 4 hours after the original airing in the UK.

Ahhh I see. Yea nothing to really worry about. Who is getting a 4th season, and Im sure there will be many many more after that. It's just a question of how long they will go through the last 3 regenerations. Time Lords get 13 I believe, and we are currently on number 10.

Also Douglas, you have a PM. :D

Memnoch21 said:
Ahhh I see. Yea nothing to really worry about. Who is getting a 4th season, and Im sure there will be many many more after that. It's just a question of how long they will go through the last 3 regenerations. Time Lords get 13 I believe, and we are currently on number 10.

Also Douglas, you have a PM. :D

I'm sure the BBC will find a way out of the 13 regenerations rule if Doctor Who is a big enough ratings grabber by the time we roll around to number 13.

There'll be some kind of secret time portal or something that allows him to cheat death and come back again.

The first episode was great Memnoch, I won't spoil it for you if you're likely to see it in the next few days but the Judoon were awesome and they weren't even the real villains, the trailer for next weeks episode looks a little scary.

Also Martha looks like she's gonna be a great character and a worthwhile replacement for Rose.

I got it late last night, and it was soo fantastic. I like that the Doctor stated already that you reallly aren't supposed to cross into and change established events... even though I think that created a plot whole with the whole traveling to the past but ahh who cares. The Judoon were very cool. Next weeks looks kinda "meh" to me, but Ill be watching all the same.

I got turned on to Doctor Who by all you freaks. :) Just got done watching season 2 and now I can't wait for 3rd....don't have cable though :monkey2 So my wait will probably be a long one.

Caught season 3 opener!
WOW! I like Martha!
And the Doc is as funny as ever!
Off to the races once more! Thank GOD!!!!

Back