Do we need an Indiana Jones section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a seperate Indiana Jones forum?

• No, all Indy threads should remain in General

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Yes, but it should go in with Star Wars section as an "all things Lucas" forum

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Yes, Indy needs his own forum all to himself

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters
Nahhhh...I think one or two threads can cover it all. You can have a movie thread,a collectibles thread and maybe a potential video game thread or something once the games start coming out.

Nahhhh...I think one or two threads can cover it all. You can have a movie thread,a collectibles thread and maybe a potential video game thread or something once the games start coming out.

A movie thread covering all the movies makes sense as does a video game one. A collectibles thread covering the products from SS, GG, Hasbro, etc does not. I don't want to have to mix multiple discussions in one thread. That's a pain in the butt. They don't even do that at RS with the SW stuff. :confused:

A movie thread covering all the movies makes sense as does a video game one. A collectibles thread covering the products from SS, GG, Hasbro, etc does not. I don't want to have to mix multiple discussions in one thread. That's a pain in the butt. They don't even do that at RS with the SW stuff. :confused:

That's true, but Indiana Jones is nowhere near as expansive as Star Wars with the multiple characters, designs, etc. and isn't as spread out with so many companies. You could always have the "Hasbro Indiana Jones Thread" and the "Sideshow Indiana Jones Thread".

Pretty much most people I think are just interested in Indiana Jones himself and that's about it. I personally voted "No" because I think a section for Indy would die down in discussion within a year or so after the new movie comes out and the hot collectibles (namely, Indy himself...who EVERYONE wants...but how many people will honestly get all the secondary characters?) are all out as well.

Just because Lucasfilm waited until 2008 to finally start whoring INDY out should not come into play. INDIANA JONES is in line with SW and is a bigger and better property than most (if not all) of the others that have their own on here. This is a no-brainer, imho.

Marvel owns LOTR.....

Really? LOTR is considered a classic and has 3 movies that made a **** pile of cash on top of some of the best collectibles ever. Marvel has what on its side really? You and your underage lady of the evening molesting the Hulk PF? :rotfl

I think its ok if Indy has its own thread but I don't care that much since I'll never post or read there. I don't believe an Indy section will be active enough to justify it.

SW, LOTR, and MARVEL are all living entities. Indy is a one off. :lecture

I myself would pledge to keep an INDY section active since I personally care more about that property than any of the others you mentioned (perhaps even SW).

And I know I'm not alone.

Still want to re-add that Marvel owns LOTR after all those previous posts were wiped from this thread! :rock

The posts were wiped for good reason.

And I can get onboard with a "Marvel > LOTR" mantra, because Marvel published the original INDIANA JONES comics. :cool:

Indy needs its own area. Sticking it with the SW part would be just a really really bad idea. It would get buried in all the SW posts and be infected by a lot of the SW folk. Kind of like its getting buried now in the general section. No offense but I don't want to have to look through threads about all the stuff you see here for the Indy post/posts. Plus there are going to be a TON of Indy items and it would clear space in this section.

So I don't get how people are voting no for something like Indy.:confused:

I think Indy can survive in the general section without getting buried.

If the Indy stuff stays here in the general section I think I'll pass on posting most of the time in them. I don't feel like having to look through threads about Supes, Batman, Misc Medicom/HT items to find Indy.

SS will have its own Indy Items so why not give it a section of its own? Voting against it just seems kind of dumb.

I think you not posting in a thread is actually a plus for some people. As for people voting against it being dumb, you're dumb. So there.

A superhero section? We have Marvel and SS doesn't make DC items. If they did you can just rename the Marvel section. The General section is for all the general items companies make.

SS will be making Indy items for a while I would imagine so why not? Threads wouldn't fall to page 5 in its own section now would it? At least not any different than say threads do in the SW or LOTR sections. Plus there are products coming from Hasbro and GG as well as many others I would assume.

Once the movies are done I would say the section would be like the LOTR one has been at times after the movies and EE where done. A little slow but product still comes from those movies and I'm sure it will be the same with Indy.

Plus we still have a section for Buffy/Angel and has anyone seen anything major from those in a while? Outside of the couple PF's that have been made and maybe a touch of news about the comics. The horror stuff isn't much better really a PF once in a while, a 1:1 bust every now and then, and now a scant dio to mix in. They're not coming hard and fast by any means and really its The Dead line that will keep that section going strong.

I have to agree on this, the Buffy section kinda blows.

The Marvel section does get a lot of traffic and your ONE thread does. We don't need a whole section though for DC figures stick them with Marvel. Plus your Keaton Batman thread is about the custom figure right and a nice one too so it getting a lot of responses doesn't surprise me.

I'll take an Indy section over a superhero section anyday.

I would take a Bannister is awesome section over both.

I've been a fan of Indy my entire life as have many others. I don't think we're going to just go away. We don't change what we like the same way you do Shai. You've been all over the place in your time on the board with what you like and collect. Also if you think thats all SS is gonna make then you need to really get a clue.

Evolving tastes is not a bad thing. My collection is like a revolving ****ing door.

Thats why I don't venture too much into HP threads around here, POTC, etc because they get all into on thread and its just too much. I know the same will happen to Indy as well and honestly it will keep me from talking about it much. In the end I think having a Indy section is a very good idea. Especially since SS has a license for it and this is a SS board. Its not like its an item they're distributing.

I imagine is is pretty hard to multi quote when a thread is 200 pages. I am having trouble here on this ****ty six page thread.

As far as the Aliens/Predator world its really not all that encompassing either. Yet it has its own forum.

Indy just lives on earth. Those Aliens and Predators get around.

Nah, I don't think I've made it clear enough yet.

:lecture
You really need to express your thoughts more thoroughly.

Man, wish I had a chance to read it. :( Ah well I'm sure it was chalk full of knowledge and things that I could take with me for the rest of my days. As far as being a friend of the Krusade or not: I'm ok either way.

I didn't get to read it either, and consider myself less of a man for not being able to.:monkey2 I wouldn't want to be friends with the Krusade either. Getting to be part of it is so much better.

When we have 80 different Indy threads mixed in with all the other crap in here will that be ok with you? That's a pain in the ass I don't want to fight when looking for something I want to talk about.

We will only have 78 Indy threads max.

Why wait though? Do it now and save time later.

Because then we wouldn't get this classic thread.

Works 4 me.

That usually seems to be the case.:lol

A movie thread covering all the movies makes sense as does a video game one. A collectibles thread covering the products from SS, GG, Hasbro, etc does not. I don't want to have to mix multiple discussions in one thread. That's a pain in the butt. They don't even do that at RS with the SW stuff.:confused:

:confused:
What are you getting at? Are you saying you would like an entire section of the forum devoted to the Indiana Jones movies? I think this thread needs to get back on topic and off this Indy nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Indy can survive in the general section without getting buried.

I think you not posting in a thread is actually a plus for some people. As for people voting against it being dumb, you're dumb. So there.

I have to agree on this, the Buffy section kinda blows.

I would take a Bannister is awesome section over both.

Evolving tastes is not a bad thing. My collection is like a revolving ****ing door.

I imagine is is pretty hard to multi quote when a thread is 200 pages. I am having trouble here on this ****ty six page thread.

Indy just lives on earth. Those Aliens and Predators get around.

:lecture
You really need to express your thoughts more thoroughly.

I didn't get to read it either, and consider myself less of a man for not being able to.:monkey2 I wouldn't want to be friends with the Krusade either. Getting to be part of it is so much better.

We will only have 78 Indy threads max.

Because then we wouldn't get this classic thread.

That usually seems to be the case.:lol

:confused:
What are you getting at? Are you saying you would like an entire section of the forum devoted to the Indiana Jones movies? I think this thread needs to get back on topic and off this Indy nonsense.

:lol:lol:lol:lol...Wow...Post of the century...IT JUST BLEW MY MIND.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:lol:lol:lol...Wow...Post of the century...IT JUST BLEW MY MIND.

Ditto that.... Bannister again proves his Awesomeness...

insp_captkirk_preview.jpg

Back