Do we need an Indiana Jones section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a seperate Indiana Jones forum?

• No, all Indy threads should remain in General

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Yes, but it should go in with Star Wars section as an "all things Lucas" forum

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Yes, Indy needs his own forum all to himself

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters
Put Indy with Star Wars...but not yet...we don't have a single product yet...:(

And when these supposed ther superheroes arrive...like Batman, make the Marvel section into a superheroes forum...

Well, OK, I'll chime in. At first, I did like the idea of an INDIANA JONES section, mostly because I like to break things up. However, some valid points have been made here that have changed my mind.

Unlike Aliens or LOTR or Star Wars, the world of Indy isn't as encompassing or grand. I think there would be very little to discuss in an Indy section really. After the "I got my" thread and the "Image" thread, there really isn't that much more to talk about or break into various topics. And there isn't a world of characters to discuss. INDY is much more like BOND than Star Wars, and even Bond has a much larger world with 22 sequels, but I doubt anyone would feel a Bond section is necessary.

Again, I think the guys here are right when they say there will be a flurry of activity with each announcement and of course when the movie opens, but other than that, the thread will remain fairly quite.

Now if there was a section for "Action Heroes", or more specifically MOVIE HEROES -- Indy, Batman, Rambo, Bond, Sparrow, McClane, etc -- then I could see the rational. Of course, figuring out just who goes into that grouping might be tricky...and almost every movie has a hero of sorts...so it may just be too broad.

As I write this, the official INDY thread is on page 2 already.

Last edited:
I really Do think we need a Super Heroes Section, after all, Super Heroes and the Mythology behind them have dominated POP Culture for Centuries, gave rise to Comics and still rule the Pop Culture World today. From Ancient Superheroes like Hercules in their day to The Dark Knight today.

Action Heroes are another good idea, and another genre altogether, but I think they should remain in the Gen Section and that of course includes Indy.

i don't think we need an indiana jones section right now. i say wait and see how it goes once the products come out. that being said, I LOVE Indiana Jones stuff. I'm not sure there is enough to discuss though that can't be in a few threads.

i think an HT/Medi section would be smart because it would take a lot of traffic out of other sections.

What the heck I vote for either leave as is or include it in the SW section.
Renaming sections sounds like a good idea to me.I like the whole super heroes or action heroes sections(which Indy could go into).

x:cool:

Last edited:
How much Indy stuff is going to be made? Is somebody making a complete line with numerous characters or just a few Indy statues. If theres enough to talk about then it needs its own section, but I don't think theres enough yet.

I have no agenda, I love Indy just like I love Harry Potter and DC characters, if I had my way we'd give equal time to all of them. However we have to consider what is in the best interests of the most board members.

One of the reasons we created the Aliens & Robots forum was because there was a single massive thread that was encompassing all things Alien. When a thread gets massive I tend to zone out on it and I'm sure a few others do to. So the same few people would go into that thread to post, but it wasn't really welcoming for others to join in. By splitting that thread it allowed for more discussion by more people.

I see the same thing happening with the Indy thread in General - the subject matter is wide ranging, from art for the new film to SSC items to GG items, all in a single thread. So for that reason I'd like to split it out.

And remember that it's not just SSC with licenses for all 4 movies, but it's everyone else too - from Lego to Hasbro to Gentle Giant.

But I also don't want to create another forum that will become tumbleweed territory after a couple of months.

One of the reasons we created the Aliens & Robots forum was because there was a single massive thread that was encompassing all things Alien. When a thread gets massive I tend to zone out on it and I'm sure a few others do to. So the same few people would go into that thread to post, but it wasn't really welcoming for others to join in. By splitting that thread it allowed for more discussion by more people.

I see the same thing happening with the Indy thread in General - the subject matter is wide ranging, from art for the new film to SSC items to GG items, all in a single thread. So for that reason I'd like to split it out.

And remember that it's not just SSC with licenses for all 4 movies, but it's everyone else too - from Lego to Hasbro to Gentle Giant.

But I also don't want to create another forum that will become tumbleweed territory after a couple of months.

Thats why I don't venture too much into HP threads around here, POTC, etc because they get all into on thread and its just too much. I know the same will happen to Indy as well and honestly it will keep me from talking about it much. In the end I think having a Indy section is a very good idea. Especially since SS has a license for it and this is a SS board. Its not like its an item they're distributing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the Aliens/Predator world its really not all that encompassing either. Yet it has its own forum.

Aliens doesn't have its own forum. The forum is 'Aliens and Robots', which isn't specifically Alien the movie and it's sequels, but rather Aliens meaning off world life forms, such as The Outer Limits and Twilight Zone figures for example.

Now Josh, please stop beating us over the head with what you want and reckon. I've read it three or four times now. Enough is enough. Somehow your words "it will keep me from talking about it much." strike me as hypocritical, meaningless and a lie. :lol I guess you're just joshing. :rotfl

Well I guess Dark Lord Dave didnt like my answer to you Josh,cause it has disappear.One thing for sure,a friend of the Krusade, you are no more.The Great Worm has spoken.

Now Josh, please stop beating us over the head with what you want and reckon. I've read it three or four times now. Enough is enough. Somehow your words "it will keep me from talking about it much." strike me as hypocritical, meaningless and a lie. :lol I guess you're just joshing. :rotfl

Nah, I don't think I've made it clear enough yet. :lol :p

Well I guess Dark Lord Dave didnt like my answer to you Josh,cause it has disappear.One thing for sure,a friend of the Krusade, you are no more.The Great Worm has spoken.

Man, wish I had a chance to read it. :( Ah well I'm sure it was chalk full of knowledge and things that I could take with me for the rest of my days. As far as being a friend of the Krusade or not: I'm ok either way.

If I can add my two cents (I think that puts me at about 10 cents today :lol), I think Indy should get it's own section, but separate from Star Wars--it'll probably keep any possible contention toned down a bit as there won't be any crash between Lucas fans and Star Wars fans (often two very different types of people).

:dunno

I do all my searching from the New Posts link. I didnt even realize we had a video game section til today. I never even look for threads through the section links.

I think the Indiana Jones stuff is fine where it is.

:cool:

When we have 80 different Indy threads mixed in with all the other crap in here will that be ok with you? That's a pain in the ass I don't want to fight when looking for something I want to talk about.

Honestly its not that big a deal to me. If it is for everyone else, give it its own section....

Back