Do we need an Indiana Jones section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a seperate Indiana Jones forum?

• No, all Indy threads should remain in General

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Yes, but it should go in with Star Wars section as an "all things Lucas" forum

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Yes, Indy needs his own forum all to himself

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters
I said it before and I will say it again. I think we need to have a Jones thread in the Star Wars section. That way only half of the posts are of people crying and complaining. :monkey3

I don't think we have enough Indiana Jones threads...I want to see a whole pageful of that spam! :chew

You guys have an interesting definition of "spam". Each one of those threads is clearly dedicated to its own unique (and legitimate) topic. It's a you problem if it bothers you.

That said, I haven't even gotten around to the movie-specific topics yet. Patience. :monkey5

You guys have an interesting definition of "spam". Each one of those threads is clearly dedicated to its own unique (and legitimate) topic. It's a you problem if it bothers you.

That said, I haven't even gotten around to the movie-specific topics yet. Patience. :monkey5
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I think there has been some illustration that an Indy forum might be called for. Can anyone think of a reason NOT to create one.

IrishJedi and The Josh are not allowed to respond in this thread any more. :monkey1

I believe that there just isn't enough reason AS OF NOW to warrant one that can't be covered within a few Indy threads that can be scattered in General.

Indiana Jones also I believe doesn't have the expansive character library that some other licenses (like Star Wars and even Alien/Predator) have that will even warrant so much and I know some may disagree with me and others might agree...but all I really care about is Indiana Jones himself and I'm sure that's all some collectors care about as well. To be honest, how many people would actually buy a $150 statue of Indian Prince from Temple of Doom? I won't deny that maybe there's a few other characters that may generate sales...but I could probably count them on one hand.

If the other Indy movies were such a topic of discussion...then why weren't threads made for each movie done MONTHS ago? Maybe it was done before I even got here.

Maybe it should wait till closer to the movie when the interest might really pick up.

But I can tell you bottomline...it's mostly just about Indiana Jones himself. And if you asked any Indy fan here if they had to choose one character to choose from the movies to get a 12'' figure made of...EVERYONE will choose Indiana Jones. While if you asked the same of Star Wars or Marvel...you'd certainly get a great variety of answers.

Like people are saying, sadly, there are nowhere near as many characters to make collectibles out of from Indiana Jones as there would be from something like Star Wars. Sadly, there haven't been anywhere near as many Indy products as there have been SW products. Star Wars has been in the colletible scene for AGES unlike Indy, which has had very little things put out aside from the action figures they made way back when.

There jave been so many Vader and Solo collectibles made over the years that people demand the smaller named characters that only the diehard fans really know and care about. Fact is, I think I, and a LOT of people here, will buy pretty much EVRYTHING Indy that Sideshow throws our way. We'll take big characters, small characters, just about anybody. We are freaking starving for Indy collectibles. Sadly, only a handful of us will buy those small name characters, so I highly doubt we will see many of those characters. Some of us would buy a PF Toht in a heartbeat, most others... don't even know what his name is. The only GUARANTEED PF's I can see being done are Indy and Mola Ram. Everybody else looks just... normal. There are many more they can do, but I personally believe those are the only two guaranteed ones. Belloq in ceremonial robes? Maybe. Cairo Swordsman? Fingers crossed, but doubtful since the dude doesn't even have a name.

Personally, I feel as if many of these characters will only appear in diorama form. They're gonna do dioramas right? While they may not be memorable characters (to most people, not us freaks) they were all in memorable scenes.

While PF is CERTAINLY the way I'd like to see these characters, I wouldn't count on seeing TOO many of them. Though, they may have to milk the characters from the new movie, though I can't say I'm in dire need of a Shia Lawhathisname. *curses Lucas*

Now, do we need an Indy forum? Goodness yes, yet I don't feel as if there is enough need for one quite yet. We haven't heard a single announcement yet. Tonight maybe? I though we were maybe going to get an announcement for a product by the end of '07.

When enough product hits the shelves and when the new movie comes out, I think this board will be filled with Indiana Jones topics. Therefore, I say yes.

I think Indiana Jones needs a new section like Transformers needs a new section.

Yeah there is a lot of product, but the thrills will die out soon after release and so will the product.

I say keep IJ in the General area and limit it to 1 PF thread, 1 1:6 thread, and 1 others thread. Though that does sound awfully Rebelscumish to do. :monkey3

It would make sense to merge different licenses that have something in common, like Indy and SW with George Lucas. However, I feel like it wouldn't work if Indy shared a section with SW. We should keep the SW forum for SW only. As I suggested in another thread, for me it'd make more sense to merge licenses like Indy, Jaws and Jurassic Park and make an 'all things Spielberg' section.

Back