Do mods overstep here?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Precicely. If you want freedom of trash speech take it somewhere else. This is Daves site, Daves rules, if you don't like the way things are run then leave. :wave

:lol

So it's "trash" speech as long as you personally don't agree with what's said. I understand now. Agree with the liberal mindset or you'll get called names as usual such as bigot, racist or hate monger.

God forbid someone says anything opposite from the point of view of the popular one.

Someone needs to go in and moderate that Breaking Bad thread. Someone in there spoiled Game of Thrones.:horror:horror:horror

So it's "trash" speech as long as you personally don't agree with what's said. I understand now. Agree with the liberal mindset or you'll get called names as usual such as bigot, racist or hate monger.

God forbid someone says anything opposite from the point of view of the popular one.

But you ARE a bigot! Do you actually not see this? My friend makes a thread about a devistation in Norway and you use the opportunity to preach your "trash speech" on how it was Muslims. It wasn't Muslims, it was a white Norwegian dude. Do you not feel the slight bit embarrassed?

When Cloud claimed the prophet Mohammed a rapist and terrorist and you agreed did you not think that may offend some people? Even if you believe this to be true its sometimes better to keep it to yourself rather than add to the fire.

If you need to discuss politics, religion, etc... then maybe there are other forums for that. Can't imagine that a collectibles forum is the best place to do it :huh

Can't imagine having subforum for collectibles on a news message board :lol

But you ARE a bigot! Do you actually not see this? My friend makes a thread about a devistation in Norway and you use the opportunity to preach your "trash speech" on how it was Muslims. It wasn't Muslims, it was a white Norwegian dude. Do you not feel the slight bit embarrassed?

When Cloud claimed Mohammed a rapist and terrorist and you agreed did you not think that may offend some people? Even if you believe this to be true its sometimes better to keep it to yourself rather than add to the fire.

And this is why these threads are discouraged here... and tend to get cleaned up or shut down quickly :duh

This may be a "toy forum", but I don't see any political or religious threads started in the Star Wars or marvel sections. My opinion is just that if you're going to have an Other Topics section then let people discuss other topics.

If people get personal with each other then allow them to resolve it. I understand if personal threats get involved then you need a mod to lock or delete, but this place is WAAAAAY to "PC" when it comes to "that might offend someone."
The OT section is for OT stuff, other topics are allowed, that's why it's there......as long as things posted are within the forum guidelines set on this privately owned forum.

So you would like a thread to be destroyed because 2/3 people are arguing and cannot settle their differences. Some people here just cannot walk away and they have to have the last word, so in your theory if we do not intervene a thread would be taken over. We have seen this MANY times, at least I know I have

Or, if you don't like discussing "other topics" that involve things you don't like.....just don't open and read the threads. See how that works?
Ahh yes, but if we let peeps just go on, argue/ get personal, go pages off topic, then the thread you are clicking on (and hoping to see) might not be the thread you get.
See how that works :wink1:
x :wave

Hi Kingy :wave

x :lol

If you need to discuss politics, religion, etc... then maybe there are other forums for that. Can't imagine that a collectibles forum is the best place to do it :huh

Can't imagine having subforum for collectibles on a news message board :lol

I thought the Hot Toys threads were for this purpose. That is why they are all so damn long right?

And this is why these threads are discouraged here... and tend to get cleaned up or shut down quickly :duh

You're missing the point, J. I am but merely reacting to an action. I've yet to ever start anything of this nature/topic. Ever! I'm sorry if I don't have it in me to just "walk away" or ignore it. I'm not like that.

This IS a damn toy forum for crying out loud.

No worries Vorhees; I get your point... no problem there. But even in a thread about moderation an argument breaks out in less than a page of posts :lol

I understand your reaction Roy, but I agree with Galactiboy that that provides a good example of the problem with political/religious threads. Hell, I've gotten sucked into that ____ myself in the past on several occasions, but it is the nature of the topic. People hold strong opinions--personal opinions related to their sense of self on those issues, and conflict seems inevitable whenever they come up because of this. That's why those topics are generally frowned upon IMO. Better to do as you say and just try to keep in mind that this is a toy forum. More non-toy discussions are acceptable here than on other toy forums, but within reason. I'm sure it isn't hard to find other forums out there that cater to that kind of thing if that's what you want to talk about.

People have a hard enough time not killing each other over freaking toy discussions, much less what this religious group is doing to that one, etc. etc.

I totally understand the consequences of the furthering process, I really do. My bad. For the record I 100% agree with removing any political/religious discussion. It just doesn't belong here. Period.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.

I think we need a mascot to pull us all togeather. Like the Phillies Fanatic. I think we should kidnap the Phillies Fanatic.

People have a hard enough time not killing each other over freaking toy discussions, much less what this religious group is doing to that one, etc. etc.

Well put :lol With severity of the blood feuds over Medicom Vs Hot Toys Vs Sideshow I shudder to think of what would happen with topics of actual consequence :lol

I would like to clearly point out that not at one point last night did I post the word "muslim". Nor did I bring up religion or politics. Nor did I personally attack anyone.

And king wtf? I hardly post much on the boards and when I do it's hardly to spout rehtoric. Most of the time I post on sports topics or movies. So I'm not sure where that is coming from at all? :dunno

Last edited:
To allow inflammatory topics and just people police themselves has been tried and has failed. Unfortunately one person's "reasonable comment" is another person's "racist/sexist hyperbole."
Bad blood will spill over and pollute other threads if allowed to continue.

However my dictum is "the less moderation the better" except when it comes to politics or religion or Medicom vs. Hot toys.

:wave

Just ban Kitfisto and Badmoon and anyone else who comes here soley to spout rhetoric. First and foremost its a toy forum, if you wanna discuss religion, politics and other polarizing topics do it in pm or start your own forum.

Or just leave.

or put it in the "off topic" section. that's what it's for. if they don't want that stuff in there then remove the off topic section.

To allow inflammatory topics and just people police themselves has been tried and has failed. Unfortunately one person's "reasonable comment" is another person's "racist/sexist hyperbole."
Bad blood will spill over and pollute other threads if allowed to continue.

However my dictum is "the less moderation the better" except when it comes to politics or religion or Medicom vs. Hot toys.

I'm not sure what you're going to do about next year's presidential election. The last one had threads being deleted left and right (pun intended).

just get rid of the "other topics" and "sandbox". they only cause trouble. i thought people come here to talk collectibles. if they wanna talk about sports or news events then go to a news board or sports board. and the sandbox....don't even get me started on that one.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back