Disney+ Marvel Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Cena was a lock. Too bad. Russell should have bulked up, but he's still a good actor so sure he will be fine. Maybe Sharon will finally get to wear her white S.H.I.E.L.D. jumpsuit.
Looking forward to She-Hulk and Moon Knight.
Hopefully HT will produce Marvel TV figures.

AT&T/Warner/DC is probably spinning around trying to figure out some kind of strategy.

I would have been fine with Cena as Walker. He should be bigger than Roger's for sure. Still one of my favorite Captain America Storylines.

It's already been leaked that the plot will center around the government not wanting Sam to be the new Cap so now with the announcement of Walker being cast it does seem that they're setting him up to be the government's pick for Steve's replacement in order to emulate Gruenwald's Cap No More run.

It would have been so great to see that story done properly with the Russos and Evans. Oh well, hard to complain with how the Infinity Saga played out.

At least they made Gruenwald's Crossbones a badass.

Lotsa neat stuff. I know they've had their eye on Ms. Marvel for a while but Moon Knight was a surprise.

Poster from D23... Bucky gets a haircut

EC1f5WmUcAAvOkR.jpg

Wish I was more excited for this stuff, but I'm not. I remember when Loki was first talked about and it was like Christmas came early for me, I was so excited. But Losing Daredevil, Luke Cage and Punisher... These new shows aren't worth that to me.

I love Wanda, but a 1950s sitcom with Wanda as some housewife to Vision in suburbia? HARD PASS. That poster - YUCK. I was so happy he was dead and then they had to bring him back for this. :gah: :lol If it wasn't for her being announced for Dr. Strange 2, I would be so frustrated with how they're handling her character. I'm so tired of her being only about Vision. I want to see her character and her powers be expanded on, and Dr. Strange gives me some hope, at least.

Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk..... I've never had any interest in either character. I'm curious about Moon Knight, and it's the only one of the just announced 3 that I have any feeling for, but I'm skeptical of it being a Disney+ show given the character and the source material. They should've put it on Hulu.

I'm feeling very "meh" on this whole thing right now, except when I feel like raging about the loss of some of the Netflix shows.

Last edited:
I love Wanda, but a 1950s sitcom with Wanda as some housewife to Vision in suburbia? HARD PASS. That poster - YUCK.

Have you considered that Wanda's reality warping powers might be in effect there and the show isn't actually set in the 1950s?

Sure, that's the only way Vision could really be in it, after all, but that doesn't make me interested in the show. Most of what I've read about it hasn't done anything to get me interested and the poster just turned me off further. :dunno

If it gets her to a point in Dr. Strange where she's developed as a character without Vision, then, well, there's that, I guess.

I wonder what makes her choose the 50s as a setting to create this world. Isn't she like late teens-early 20s in the movie? Seems like an odd choice.

Sure, that's the only way Vision could really be in it, after all, but that doesn't make me interested in the show. Most of what I've read about it hasn't done anything to get me interested and the poster just turned me off further. :dunno

If it gets her to a point in Dr. Strange where she's developed as a character without Vision, then, well, there's that, I guess.

If they do WandaVision right, it could be the best show they have. Think of it as a mind bending Black Mirror episode with a 50s theme; her husband is dead, her kids are imaginary. Scarlet Witch is schizophrenic and her super power is to create reality. That poster is disturbingly freaky once you realize she's sitting alone and she made up dead people with her mind to ease her sanity. Not to mention what happens in the comics.. not to say they would do any of those story lines but this leading to Dr Strange2, it's gotta be a horror story in disguise.

There's an episode of Black Mirror where it starts out like a star trek episode, then the guy logs out and it was just a VR game that he designed. I expect the sitcom aspect to be like that, Wanda is loosing it mentally and she checks out from time to time, and enters a sitcom in her mind where she starts a family with her dead boyfriend and even have imaginary kids, so it's going to be super messed up. The 50's is the "Perfect American Family" era, all the imaginary people will have that fake smile and deadpan eyes, I'd say they are setting this up to have a psychedelic horror undertone, leading up to Dr Strange2.

The 50's theme is really good at making people feel unsettling, Insidious did that really well imo:

8216Insidious_Chapter_48217_Lands_Director-ffd70ada9629dbc365f80079cefd0a5c.jpg

--

Last edited:
I never realized that Disney has already presented Indiana Jones once before... long ago in 1995... I guess this could be a hint to what Disney Jones will be up to in the sequel...

From what i understand Disney+ subscription can be bundled with Hulu, so I imagine any device that has Hulu will most likely also get Disney+.

Yeah, and apparently Falcon/Winter Soldier has been moved up for an August release.
https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-disney-plus-reportedly-moves-release-up-to-august

Fine by me. The Marvel series were the reason I was into Disney+ in the first place. Didn't know I'd get blindsided by the Mandalorian.:cool:

'Course this isn't to do fans a favor, it's to stem the bleeding after Mando Season 1 wound up:monkey3 (tho I kept my year subscription in the probably forlorn hope Disney would put up special trailers etc. and also laziness.)

Back