Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a 2.0 of the actual Winter Soldier Hot Toys. Not whatever the hell this is. :ohbfrank:

3d1aa77fa619fe9ee61b42aeaeb8c7905514aa9e.gifv

Even though I’m a fan of Bucky and this iteration doesn’t look too bad, I think Hot Toys really should consider releasing these “less than a sure hit” figures alongside their counterparts - Sam Wilson Cap. I think they would get synergistic sales. More than they would get from just a solo drop on its own. I would’ve just held back all of these until Sam Wilson Cap‘s release. Just like I believe they should have held back Taskmaster until one of the movie Black Widows release as well as holding SpiderGwen back for the Spider-verse Miles. It makes people lean more towards getting them together to make it more fun for posing opportunities. If it was up to me and possible. I’d mandate every figure to release within a month or two of a counterpart / villain.

Even though I’m a fan of Bucky and this iteration doesn’t look too bad, I think Hot Toys really should consider releasing these “less than a sure hit” figures alongside their counterparts - Sam Wilson Cap. I think they would get synergistic sales. More than they would get from just a solo drop on its own. I would’ve just held back all of these until Sam Wilson Cap‘s release.
Yeah, I think something along the lines of the Knightmare Batman and Superman 2-pack might’ve been a better fit.
E7425BDB-D3E2-4C9B-9FA5-C731C403CB80.jpeg

…on the other hand, there’s less “aesthetic value” of one over the other, obviously.

I know that the headpiece is more comic accurate, but I think he would have looked better if they gave him the same helmet as Evans but maybe paint it white to match the outfit.

The character design has gone backwards too. The new arm and blue jacket are both worse than where he started. The only thing exciting this look had going for it was a haircut. :lol

Even though I’m a fan of Bucky and this iteration doesn’t look too bad, I think Hot Toys really should consider releasing these “less than a sure hit” figures alongside their counterparts - Sam Wilson Cap. I think they would get synergistic sales. More than they would get from just a solo drop on its own. I would’ve just held back all of these until Sam Wilson Cap‘s release. Just like I believe they should have held back Taskmaster until one of the movie Black Widows release as well as holding SpiderGwen back for the Spider-verse Miles. It makes people lean more towards getting them together to make it more fun for posing opportunities. If it was up to me and possible. I’d mandate every figure to release within a month or two of a counterpart / villain.
Agree with this 100%

Like someone said...the design of his look from the show wasn't the greatest. More marvels fault than HT but hey what can you do. If only they nailed the sculpt. I've always said, my TWS bucky will always be the pinnacle of the character. Menacing, great suit, and packed to the gills with weapons. Don't think they will ever top that look.

Also still upset they skipped over the great looking red and white traditional falcon from this show. Would be the only falcon I would get.

He went to Bed Bath & Beyond where suburban men go to get neutered. But seriously, what happened to that sculpt in production? It just looks so...generic. I don't see Stan in it.

I didn't care for this look anyway, but this figure is just sad. Would low order numbers lead to them not trying as hard?

I didn't care for this look anyway, but this figure is just sad. Would low order numbers lead to them not trying as hard?
I don’t think so. Bucky is a fairly easy figure to manufacture outside of the head. The head sculpt looks nice but doesn’t look like Sebastian Stan.

that’s not that bad actually lol

But I don’t understand how they can go so backwards on quality from the IW Bucky head sculpt which was outstanding.
Yeah all they needed was a different hairstyle. But my fav MCU character and both he and Wilson are a pass for me. Bucky's look is boring.

Back