Winter Soldier/Falcon team up series on Disney Play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
Marvel's Falcon and Winter Soldier are reportedly set to team up and star in a new limited series on Disney's upcoming streaming service.

As reported by Variety, Malcom Spellman, writer and co-executive producer on Fox's Empire, has been chosen to write a series that is focused on Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson, Winter Soldier and Falcon respectively.

Earlier on they said the MCU actors would take on the roles on the small screen as well, but they didn’t confirm that here. There were also reports of series for scarlet witch and Loki in the works.

Earlier on they said the MCU actors would take on the roles on the small screen as well, but they didn’t confirm that here. There were also reports of series for scarlet witch and Loki in the works.

Oh, wow, my life just got better:cool:. Not giving like, 30 seconds even to the awesome frenemy dynamic re Bucky and Sam set up in CW was just another in my list of "things I didn't like about Infinity War #1". Haven't read enough to know if these are separate series or together cross-overs?

FalconBucky.jpg

For me doesn't matter, I would've signed up for Loki and SW series too. Guess Disney heard the online muttering of the contingent of folks planning to bail (probably/possibly?) re the "new MCU". Fine by me, happy to give money for a product I want. Never say never:google but I sure can't see hauling my *** to a theater over Captain Marvel.

If they are moving these actors to the small screen it might mean they won't play important roles in future movies... meaning we may not get either of them as the new Cap.

I guess without Cap in the films they don't need these two in them either :dunno

I'm curious if that means Scarlet Witch and Vision are not going to be main characters in future movies too, as well as Loki (which is a given if he stays dead)

I think our Avengers lineup is going to be majorly shifted after A4 with priorities on Cap Marvel, Black Panther & Doc Strange.

For me doesn't matter, I would've signed up for Loki and SW series too. Guess Disney heard the online muttering of the contingent of folks planning to bail (probably/possibly?) re the "new MCU". Fine by me, happy to give money for a product I want. Never say never:google but I sure can't see hauling my *** to a theater over Captain Marvel.

I feel the same about Captain Marvel, so right now I'm lexx excited about post-Avengers 4 MCU. It feels like they're going to push her as the leader and I'm not sold on her character or the actress and I'm already tired of the "she's the most powerful!!11!!" media talk. I do love Black Panther and Strange, though.

A Loki series alone would've been more than enough for me to get the Disney streaming service. Hours of Hiddleston's Loki as the main character? YESSSS.

A Bucky-Falcon series excites me, too. Though I think it does point toward those characters not being important in the movies going forward. I actually really wanted to see the Bucky Cap storyline play out- I think it would've been story gold and Sebastian Stan is more than capable of leading movies of his own.

I want to be excited about a Scarlet Witch series, but it sounds like she's going to come with ball and chain, Vision. I can't stand the character or them together. I love her and want to see more of her character, not more of her being all about him. Yuck.

I feel the same about Captain Marvel, so right now I'm lexx excited about post-Avengers 4 MCU. It feels like they're going to push her as the leader and I'm not sold on her character or the actress and I'm already tired of the "she's the most powerful!!11!!" media talk. I do love Black Panther and Strange, though.

A Loki series alone would've been more than enough for me to get the Disney streaming service. Hours of Hiddleston's Loki as the main character? YESSSS.

A Bucky-Falcon series excites me, too. Though I think it does point toward those characters not being important in the movies going forward. I actually really wanted to see the Bucky Cap storyline play out- I think it would've been story gold and Sebastian Stan is more than capable of leading movies of his own.

I want to be excited about a Scarlet Witch series, but it sounds like she's going to come with ball and chain, Vision. I can't stand the character or them together. I love her and want to see more of her character, not more of her being all about him. Yuck.

THIS:duff

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing the edgier Bucky Cap (re the comics anyway if a film drew on that) and just the Winter Soldier's comic history (as well as Falcon). Stan and Mackie such great actors too:clap. Loki and SW also have incredible stories in the comics.

I figure Feige looked over the 2017 success of the "lighter fair" of GOTG2, Homecoming, and Ragnarok and decided that's where the "new MCU" should keep going. As well as the success of BP, so let's be DIVERSE. I would've argued tho that to me GOTG2 seemed pretty strained and unfunny; that BP success was like WW (social/cultural thing); people are still arguing over Spiderman, and IMO only Ragnarok to me covered all the bases of "freshness", design, good CGI, script, cast. Even then there are Thor fans that were furious over the comedy treatment.

Besides, why introduce characters with so much story potential - CLASSIC characters - and decide you'd rather push Carol Danvers?:slap (aside from the fact that SW has a lot of POWER and IMO a lot more interesting.)

So I wouldn't be in such a hurry to roll out the "new MCU" with the *wild* stuff Feige seems to be talking about. To me that sounds like "lots and lots of flashy cosmic CGI!!! With lots of jokes! Look at our female POWER hero! SO MUCH POWAH!!!:google" Maybe I'm wrong and "new" audiences will be wildly excited:dunno. For me I prefer the more grounded movies (as much as a comic book movie is). :cool:

Good to see I'm not the only person who hates the Wanda X Vision thing.

And I too would rather watch an entire series based on Loki than the majority of what they have planned post-Avengers 4. In fact I may be looking forward to that more than Avengers 4.

^ While I'm looking forward to Avengers 4, I can safely say I'm definitely looking more forward to a Loki series (and a Bucky series, and I would say the same about a Wanda series if Vision weren't going to play such a big part in it - I'll still watch it for her, though) than anything post-Avengers 4.

I've hated Wanda and Vision since Civil War. I think his character drags her character down. She has such interesting powers and potential as a character and instead they only use her for their relationship. My favorite role of hers is still Age of Ultron because of that.

THIS:duff

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing the edgier Bucky Cap (re the comics anyway if a film drew on that) and just the Winter Soldier's comic history (as well as Falcon). Stan and Mackie such great actors too:clap. Loki and SW also have incredible stories in the comics.

I figure Feige looked over the 2017 success of the "lighter fair" of GOTG2, Homecoming, and Ragnarok and decided that's where the "new MCU" should keep going. As well as the success of BP, so let's be DIVERSE. I would've argued tho that to me GOTG2 seemed pretty strained and unfunny; that BP success was like WW (social/cultural thing); people are still arguing over Spiderman, and IMO only Ragnarok to me covered all the bases of "freshness", design, good CGI, script, cast. Even then there are Thor fans that were furious over the comedy treatment.

Besides, why introduce characters with so much story potential - CLASSIC characters - and decide you'd rather push Carol Danvers?:slap (aside from the fact that SW has a lot of POWER and IMO a lot more interesting.)

So I wouldn't be in such a hurry to roll out the "new MCU" with the *wild* stuff Feige seems to be talking about. To me that sounds like "lots and lots of flashy cosmic CGI!!! With lots of jokes! Look at our female POWER hero! SO MUCH POWAH!!!:google" Maybe I'm wrong and "new" audiences will be wildly excited:dunno. For me I prefer the more grounded movies (as much as a comic book movie is). :cool:

Yeah, Wanda>>>>>>>>Carol Danvers. Easily. No contest to me.

I actually loved Guardians 2 and love the cosmic stuff, along side the more grounded stuff (like TWS, forever a fave), but that doesn't mean I want all the movies to have the same humor and such - I have mixed emotions about Ragnarok because of that. My favorite is still the first Thor.

The thing that's bugging me with Captain Marvel, too, is the way that they're hyping her (media, mainly) you would think the MCU doesn't have any female characters - and they have a lot of awesome ones to me. Wanda, Natasha, Peggy, Nebula, Gamora, Hope, etc... And on the flip side of that, just because a character is female and I'm female doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to even like that character, let alone have her as a favorite. It doesn't work that way. And I'm not going to be happy if they have her come in and make it come across like she's showing the men how it's done, because I happen to love those men. I'm invested in those men. And I'm invested in the women that are already there. Stepping on beloved characters to prop new ones is never the way to go. They can miss me with that crap, frankly.

The thing that's bugging me with Captain Marvel, too, is the way that they're hyping her (media, mainly) you would think the MCU doesn't have any female characters - and they have a lot of awesome ones to me. Wanda, Natasha, Peggy, Nebula, Gamora, Hope, etc... And on the flip side of that, just because a character is female and I'm female doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to even like that character, let alone have her as a favorite. It doesn't work that way. And I'm not going to be happy if they have her come in and make it come across like she's showing the men how it's done, because I happen to love those men. I'm invested in those men. And I'm invested in the women that are already there. Stepping on beloved characters to prop new ones is never the way to go. They can miss me with that crap, frankly.

:exactly: Same here. Well said Josette! :rock

^ While I'm looking forward to Avengers 4, I can safely say I'm definitely looking more forward to a Loki series (and a Bucky series, and I would say the same about a Wanda series if Vision weren't going to play such a big part in it - I'll still watch it for her, though) than anything post-Avengers 4.

I've hated Wanda and Vision since Civil War. I think his character drags her character down. She has such interesting powers and potential as a character and instead they only use her for their relationship. My favorite role of hers is still Age of Ultron because of that.

Yeah, Wanda>>>>>>>>Carol Danvers. Easily. No contest to me.

I actually loved Guardians 2 and love the cosmic stuff, along side the more grounded stuff (like TWS, forever a fave), but that doesn't mean I want all the movies to have the same humor and such - I have mixed emotions about Ragnarok because of that. My favorite is still the first Thor.

:goodpost:Great, great post IMO:clap. THANK YOU. Thank for your thoughts on Vision. I actually quite like Paul Bettany's Vision - I like his classiness:). IMO there were a few scenes in Ultron with him - like his first look at himself in a reflection - I really gotta give Whedon credit for.:clap

Hadn't quite thought of Wanda's growth being hamstrung tho - and true enough, the Russos themselves had commented early on about how interesting Wanda was with her youth and power level. So while I was happy to see in IW she had obviously grown using her power, and was comfortable with it - then why not have some revelation for her in the Quantum realm, or have her affect Thanos in some way, as she is deeply tied to Mind Stone? Why not have her be a gamechanger in IW2 especially if someone like Loki "a god" - could show her how to really tap into everything she is capable of (in the comics, anyway).

scarlet-witch-sports-her-headband-in-new-concept-art-for-captain-america-civil-war_opt.jpg

And speaking of amazing female characters already on the board - WHERE. IS. VALKYIRE.:( :banghead

Yes, unfortunately re GOTG2 - for me Gunn IMO should have kept a lighter touch, in one sense that if something works really well, then don't overdo it in the next film - that's another thread - but, like Gunn wrote the Guardians lines for IW2, and bubbles show up there too...also IMO he needs to learn to edit/cut a scene better. I wish stuff that hadn't started out as a funny joke in GOTG1 becomes a character "thing" like Rocket's body part fetish. Weapons yes. Body parts, no.

ANYWAY. :cool: Yeah, new sells. Unless you're someone like me who expects someone like Bucky who IMO was in the middle of his story (esp. with the Russos talking about where he would be at mentally, after CW, and who he is now) to have a payoff. Introduced relationships like Falcon. Or a character like Natasha - I would have loved a little scene of her coming to terms with herself after CW, whether to just vanish or find Cap - FINDING Cap and Falcon, that was a nod back to their quiet scenes in TWS and CW "I didn't want you to be alone". I would have loved to see a little scene with Valkyrie pulling Loki aboard some escape craft, or Loki stopping her from suicide attacking Thano & co.

For me, I'd tell Feige - just because T'challa got introduced midstream and his movie was a success, doesn't mean I'd welcome CM. It's a completely different dynamic. I don't care if she's female - I already have Ellen Ripley:cool. I don't care about CM powers either - to me Wanda is more interesting and so is Valkyrie, Hela, Okoye. Anyway the Grandmaster could be brought in to take on Thanos which to me would be amazing.

Never would have thought I'd be more excited about these series than IW2 - but there it is. IW 2 Trailer/teaser is supposed to drop late November and I feel kind of tepid about it. I'll watch IW2 - but can only think Disney made a genius move with these series keeping people like me invested $$$$$ in the MCU. LOL I thought I'd be winding down my MCU collecting :cool:

:goodpost:Great, great post IMO:clap. THANK YOU. Thank for your thoughts on Vision. I actually quite like Paul Bettany's Vision - I like his classiness:). IMO there were a few scenes in Ultron with him - like his first look at himself in a reflection - I really gotta give Whedon credit for.:clap

Hadn't quite thought of Wanda's growth being hamstrung tho - and true enough, the Russos themselves had commented early on about how interesting Wanda was with her youth and power level. So while I was happy to see in IW she had obviously grown using her power, and was comfortable with it - then why not have some revelation for her in the Quantum realm, or have her affect Thanos in some way, as she is deeply tied to Mind Stone? Why not have her be a gamechanger in IW2 especially if someone like Loki "a god" - could show her how to really tap into everything she is capable of (in the comics, anyway).

YES to this. She really hasn't gotten any individual growth, especially concerning her power, which, since it's on a cosmic level, they're currently wasting to me. Hello, Marvel, we already have an extremely powerful female character right here who's loads more interesting than Captain Marvel and you've not done anything with her! She's rightfully one of the most powerful characters, and I hoped that since she was young and still learning we would see her develop them and grow in power.

It's interesting that you mention Loki and Wanda interacting because I've always thought that would be awesome. I may or may not have a list of MCU characters that haven't interacted that I wished would :wink1:, and they're near or at the very top.

I have nothing against Paul Bettany's portrayal of Vision - while he would never be a favorite, I could probably warm to the character some if he wasn't acting as an albatross around the neck of Wanda's individual character growth and development. I was honestly hoping he would stay dead for that reason alone.

ETA: VALKYRIE. :slap I knew I forgot someone! I definitely want to see more of her, too. She's awesome. Still waiting on the HT figure of her. :impatient:

Last edited:
Back