1/6 DIORAMAS for hot toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manoffluff

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So currently my hot toys are in a detolf im guessing like most collectors :rock but ive been wanting to get a diorama made.

what are peoples thoughts on 1/6 dios? :huh do people find them too big? are they easier to make for starters?

i was thinking of trying to make a factory style dio to recreate the scene from civil war trailer where bucky is standing behind cap on the stairs.

so hopefully someone can throw me some pointers from personal experience on creating dios and i would love to see pics of peoples dios if they have any.

thanks in advance guys

that scene with Cap and Bucky from the Civil war trailer should be pretty easy to replicate. It is just a hallway with some stairs.

civil-war-steve-bucky.jpg

-you would just need some high density styrofoam (the purple stuff you get from Home Depot) for the base
-For the pipes, use some straws. Or you could go to a hobby store and get small wood dowels (which I believe Michael's has) and paint those up
-Paint from Michael's as well
-the very far background might be tough, might need some photoshop skills to help continue the long hallway look.

Ah Ken they are all great! especially love the alien/predator stuff and that chris redfield set up!

Hopefully i can make my detolf look as nice as this and get some good displays set up!

thanks for all the tips!!

that scene with Cap and Bucky from the Civil war trailer should be pretty easy to replicate. It is just a hallway with some stairs.

civil-war-steve-bucky.jpg

-you would just need some high density styrofoam (the purple stuff you get from Home Depot) for the base
-For the pipes, use some straws. Or you could go to a hobby store and get small wood dowels (which I believe Michael's has) and paint those up
-Paint from Michael's as well
-the very far background might be tough, might need some photoshop skills to help continue the long hallway look.

Thanks for the tips! very much a noob to this so knowledge on materials to use and ect is a big help dude!

I've been scouring the threads and seen some impressive stuff...especially from Craig Walker. I find that dioramas really do bring the collection to life, sadly I have no experience in doing my own custom work. That's to change soon enough I hope.

I did a custom order from Red Diorama, for a Loki throne to accompany my TDW Loki. Once it arrives, I'll share!

Diorama environments can really get a lot out of the figures, specially for photographies. Sadly most doesn't work to good on a small room and I see the reason for that in too many details stuffed on a small area taking all the attention away from the actual centerpiece, the displayed collectible(s). CTO15's Bane Diorama works really great on a relatively small room. Personally I don't like flat backdrops with lots of details to much for the above reason. - Brings to much noise into a classy collection imo.

Here are my two cents once more: :lol

11312706_699255773530611_976158594836517402_o.png

You can find some more pics here if you like:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../122281-custom-1-6-bat-bunker-diorama-18.html

I'd like to echo Fan's recommendation, the display should never outdue the item you're attempting to show off. A successful diorama can really add a level of gravitas to these figures we enjoy so much. Of course size is a serious consideration because bigger is usually,( but not always ) better. Building a dio is very rewarding, it adds a whole new dimension to this hobby. I say go for it, take your time, if it stops being fun walk away from it till it calls you back. I spent 3 years on & off building one, now that it's done I have the itch to start another. I've attached a link to one I built hope you dig it.

1/6 scale Fortress of Solitude for Hot Toys Superman Christopher Reeve

There's a guy from my country who sells 1/6 dioramas through ebay. He doesn't do international orders though (not suprised, the shipping would be killer).

eBay

Back