Die Hard 5 trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll always have Die Hard 5.........

images

I've just got around to watching this film.

As someone who wasn't born when Die Hard was originally released, but has thoroughly enjoyed them I'd say this film was definitely a disappointment but not as horrible as people made it out to be.

I liked the plot-line up until they lost Yuri and the whole Chernobyl thing. I think if they'd have kept the story to just Jack trying to escape the country with Yuri, making old emotionless John having to defend his son's tracks then it could have been better. But that's just me of course.

I also disliked the repetitive "I'm on vacation!" joke, which wasn't really a funny joke. Some of the imagery was very nice though, and there was some good action so I can't fault it there. It's just the annoying story and the fact that Willis looked/acted like he didn't give a single **** about anything. Him at the beginning when he chases after Jack going "I'm not finished talking to you" was entirely out of character in my opinion.

Anyways, I'd possibly re-watch it. Or at least watch the Theatrical version, since I watched the Extended Cut which has all of Mary Elizabeth Winstead's scenes missing.

Haha. This film now makes two things that I love ruined by John Moore. First his idea of Max Payne (christ that film had so many issues), now Die Hard. The guy can make a scene look pretty though, sometimes.

Back