Die Hard 5 trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a movie where we find out that there's an overarching villain. He's a dude who hired the Gruber's to steal **** for him, he had buyers all set up for the Uranium deal; he's a broker, and he's sick and tired of this cocky NYPD cop getting in the middle of his ****. So, he sends in a team of mercenaries with the sole purpose of taking this guy out for good. Where do you want to set it? McClane's ratty *** apartment building? Maybe go all Assault on Precinct 13 and have a full on invasion of the police department?

I don't know, but you have McClane be McClane again. No bull****, no partners, just John getting beat to **** in an environment where he's the underdog. Oh, and have a script where he's back to being the classic John McClane, like others have said, he's become a trope more or less; John McClane has devolved into exactly what Arnold was in Last Action Hero (only, this time, it's not intentional). End that **** with McClane taking down the big bad in some creative way, and have him turn in his gun, and his badge and ride off into the sunset. I don't know, just do it right for a change.

I think maybe they should cut out terrorists altogether and go smaller if anything. Something more 'Southland' with John McClane. Or just stop making them altogether.

Or John Vs a small gang in a small town ala justified. At this point Johns fought more terrorists then the combined efforts of Counter Strike players.

Or John Vs a small gang in a small town ala justified. At this point Johns fought more terrorists then the combined efforts of Counter Strike players.

It was fine in Die Hard, the unlikelihood of it happening again knowingly referanced in Die Hard 2, the Gruber connection made it plausible enough in 3....but 4 and 5? Its really getting ridiculous there. He's supposed to be just a policeman!

Ding! I got it! They could totally rip off the plot of End of Watch, but with John McClane, by himself, inside of the apartment complex, killing every one of the gang bangers, and retiring afterwards. John McClane has moved back to LA to try to rekindle his broken marriage, thus, we have the reason why he's in LA, then, you see the camera pan around the inside of the LAPD building, Mel Gibson reprises his role as Riggs, but, due to the advanced arthritis in his joints, he's really struggling to get out of his straight jacket. McClane puts his gun and his badge on the Captain's desk, walks off with Holly and his grown kids who, for some reason, don't have lives of their own, anymore, and we get a close-up of Danny Glover's Murtaugh saying "he got too old for this ****." Roll credits. Fin. :yess: :yess:

went to see it today and it was just terrible, never had the feeling i was watching a die hard movie starring John Mc Clane

I liked all the die hard movies especially live free and die hard

But this latest movie is an embarrassment, I was actually looking at my watch to see when it will end. Worse than a made for DVD Chuck Norris flick.

Thread title could do with renaming. Unless the 'film' people saw this Valentine's day was just a trailer to a far more worthy film yet to be unveiled.

FAce it a-dev, you are wrong about that one ;)

I'm gonna watch the fourth one again and get back to you. Oh..wait I can't, movie server is down, I've only got TV shows.

Thread title could do with renaming. Unless the 'film' people saw this Valentine's day was just a trailer to a far more worthy film yet to be unveiled.

Tell you what. There is so much truth in that statement. The trailer was great compared to the film. In fact there were senes that were changed from the trailer that were better in the trailer then in the final film.

I'm gonna watch the fourth one again and get back to you. Oh..wait I can't, movie server is down, I've only got TV shows.

YES!! Long Live Live Free or Die Hard :rock:rock:rock

Hope you get things working and get to watch this again soon. :)

This movie was freaking great. A couple of over the top moments but it was a pretty damn entertaining action movie. Felt very much like a die hard movie. Loved the father/son stuff. :rock

I thought it was cool to, taking my dad to see it tomorrow, i remember watching all the die hards with him.

Thats great when you have something like that to share with your dad. I still go to my folks house every Sun during football season and watch the Raiders games. Which it could be a little more fun as the Raiders suck so bad. I see my Dad all the time but I will always want to watch Raider games with just him.

Back