Die Hard 5 trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad to say that you were right with your feelings toward this one, but, like I said, I just hope they can get one more installment with a good director and a good script to give John McClane the finale he deserves.

I hope for that with every installment in an old favorite movie franchise. Hence my disappointment when it doesn't happen and hence why I examine the reasons for a given film not being good. :dunno

Die Hard 3 was good, thus I went into 4 thinking it too would probably be good, which sadly it wasn't IMO. So now my expectations are lowered. That doesn't mean I won't be pissed off if I see a film that just copies all the mistakes of the previous film. Buy y'know...thats just me.

Last edited:
Well I just got back from AGDTDH. Let me start off by saying that the original Die Hard is my fourth fav film of all time. Right behind JAWS, Star Wars, and Empire. It's one of my perfect films. Everything is done rigt. THe direction, the acting, the script, the look, the score. Hell even lines like "Dar I seeee Him" are things I love.

LFODH in MO is easily the second best. I thought it had the feel of a Die HArd movie and seeing Bruce in that role and doing it well was great. Love the baddies and I liked his Daughter. Hell I thought Justin Long was better then Sam Jackson as far as Sidekicks go.

DH3 is OK but I always hated that McClane Never got to fight the bad guys. He was always just chasing bombs. Not a great Die HArd film but still a good movie with some minor flaws.

I really don't like DH2. Now I thought it was OK when I saw it years ago. But even then I knew it was a very flawed film but hey it was a Die Hard movie. Time has not been kind to that film. The Cheese and poor directing and corny script is just to much to handle. Bruce is good in it and thus it's not a total failure.

Which brings me to AGDTDH.... I can't believe I am going to say this and remember how I feel about the second film, but DH2 was better:thud:. Now while I did not HAte it I sure did not like it. I found myself asking "Am I being too hard on this film because it's Die Hard or am I giving it to much of a pass because it's Die Hard?" Either way that is not a good question to be asking yourself. I agree about the plot, the bad guys, the boring action, etc... I pretty much agree on everything.

But here is something I thought I would never say about a Die Hard film. Bruce Willis was the worst part. His acting was awful. Sure the lines he had to say were not the best but he coould have delivered them better. This was not a crises he was in. It was a good time.

He reminded me of Karen Allen in KOTCS were no mater how bad things got he thought it was fun. Never is this more apparent then in the truck chase scene. From the first shot when he is yelling at his son and people are shooting at him he just acts like nothing is wrong. Then all his little jokes and yells during the chase "Jack I'm not done talking to you!" Blah!!!

Then he finds out his son is in the CIA and he continues to act like an *** hole. Basically making fun of his kid. WTF. He stands around while others are ducking, he never ever looks like he is acting in a movie he just looks like he accidentally showed up in the middle of a shot.

If Bruce was better in this I would have been able to forgive a lot. But with the exceptio of a few scenes he is just not invested in the character. Again it had to be hard to deliver soe of those lines but come on, TRY!!!!

At least in DH2, John McClane is John McClain. I don't know who this guy was. Acting like he was the smartest guy in the world. No wonder his son hated him.

I would rate the films like this

Die Hard - 5 out of 5
Die Hard 2 - 1.5 out of 5
Die Hard 3 - 3 out of 5
Die Hard 4 - 4 out of 5
Die Hard 5 - 1 stinky star And I think it gets that becasue I can't bring myself to give a Die Hard film a worse rating.

I will admit somehow I did not hate it while watching it. I was not happy but I think the fact I was expecting the worst I was able to find some things to like. But as time passes I am starting to see the film for what it is and hate what it did to John McClane. But Bruce does own much of that responsibility.

I am sure as time goes on it will drop down to a 1/2 star. Damn it!!

Which brings me to AGDTDH...........................................But here is something I thought I would never say about a Die Hard film. Bruce Willis was the worst part. His acting was awful. Sure the lines he had to say were not the best but he coould have delivered them better. This was not a crises he was in. It was a good time.

He reminded me of Karen Allen in KOTCS were no mater how bad things got he thought it was fun. Never is this more apparent then in the truck chase scene. From the first shot when he is yelling at his son and people are shooting at him he just acts like nothing is wrong. Then all his little jokes and yells during the chase "Jack I'm not done talking to you!" Blah!!!

Then he finds out his son is in the CIA and he continues to act like an *** hole. Basically making fun of his kid. WTF. He stands around while others are ducking, he never ever looks like he is acting in a movie he just looks like he accidentally showed up in the middle of a shot.

Sounds just like....Die Hard 4 :dunno

Sounds just like....Die Hard 4 :dunno

Don't agree one bit. I can't think of one scene that Bruce is sleep walking during. Right before he rams the car in the chopper he is talking to himself just like he did before he jumped off the building in the first. He means it when he says he is going to kill everyone and save his daughter. There is nothing like that in the new film.

The line where he yells at his daughter in the begining of the film "Lucy McClane" is better then anything he does in the 5th film. Seriously watch 4 again now that you have 5 fresh in your mind.

I don't get the hate on 4. I have four great friends and we all love Die Hard and we all thought 4 was great. I just can't believe that film divideds Die Hard fans this much.

But hey we at least agree on 5 :)

Oh. Have you not seen 5 yet?? Well if not then just you wait. You are going to se what a masterpiece part 4 is.

I have not. But pretty much everything you said about 4 in an earlier post I have the exact opposite views on. You're right it is strange how it divides people to such extremes.

I have not. But pretty much everything you said about 4 in an earlier post I have the exact opposite views on. You're right it is strange how it divides people to such extremes.

Yeah it's like we watch two different films. I mean it would be different if one of us did not care as much for the original or something but we all have love for the fil and the character and yet so divided on this one film.

Don't worry. You will come around to my way of thinking when you see what a actual "BAD" Die Hard fil looks like. ;)

All the sequels can't even come close.
The more Diehard movies that come out, the more you realize just how golden the very 1st one is.

Die Hard 4 was just called Die Hard 4.0 over here so its confusing the $h!t out of me when you guys refer to it by the US name, especially now with the fifth film out.

Back