depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of you are very informative and caring. it does help to talk about it. for that, i deeply thank you.

for the others that decided to make a joke about it even though it's not funny. obviously you've never experienced it and maybe one day it will be you or someone you love. then you may not want to be so callous, uncaring and cynical because it's a very real and difficult thing to deal with. again thanks to those i now consider forum friends. i won't forget you taking the time to respond.

first of all, you are already on the right track. you acknowledge something is wrong. a lot of people cant get past that stage.

as far as support goes, a toy forum may not be that suitable place to look for.

treatment modalities, speak to someone who knows what he's talking. im sure you have some community support available. that would be a good place to start clear up your questions.

meditate and purge.

Make an effort to emanate what you want to be rather than being a product of what you absorb.... :monkey1

That's pretty much what I meant when I said get off yer ***. Makes perfect sense if what you're angling for never stays on the hook.

I get off my ***, then get put right back on it.

I don't have the money to hire people, I don't have the connections to find people. I just have what I have until this film school thing falls finally starts up in October, or August. I can't remember.

There's a difference between knowing what makes you depressed and not knowing. Some people don't know why they're depressed, and those are the ones who really need to seek professional help. If you know what is depressing you, then you yourself will probably be the only one who can get yourself out of it. If you can't, then for sure get some help.

I know exactly what it is. I can deal with it. It just sadly requires other people to help me do what I love.

It's not like i'm on the verge of suicide or anything. It used to be pretty bad, but then I did something about it, and dealt with it.

Now i'm struggling to do what I really want to do in life, and it bums me out when it ends up falling through.

I know exactly what it is. I can deal with it. It just sadly requires other people to help me do what I love.

It's not like i'm on the verge of suicide or anything. It used to be pretty bad, but then I did something about it, and dealt with it.

Now i'm struggling to do what I really want to do in life, and it bums me out when it ends up falling through.

I know that feeling all too well. Believe me, I had on intentions on being a school aide.

Aren't you still in school yet? Don't be so hard on yourself. You're still quite young.

Not yet. Had a lot, and I mean a lot of issues trying to get in there. Half my fault, the other half other events.

So hopefully, i'll get in by October, or December.

I had depression for a while. I got over it because I man'ed up a little bit. I can deal with it easier.

This comment would bother a lot of people I think. Depression as a clinical condition is not something that can typically be overcome by 'manning up'. If you're sad because a loved one has passed away, that's not clinical depression, that's grieving. If you're sad because you're not getting to where you want to be in life, that's not clinical depression, that's lack of fulfilment. Etc etc.

I used to think I was depressed for a time there in my late teens/early twenties, but on reflection I realised I wasn't clinically depressed - it was just that at that time my life was pretty crap.

There's a difference between knowing what makes you depressed and not knowing. Some people don't know why they're depressed, and those are the ones who really need to seek professional help. If you know what is depressing you, then you yourself will probably be the only one who can get yourself out of it. If you can't, then for sure get some help.

:goodpost:

This comment would bother a lot of people I think. Depression as a clinical condition is not something that can typically be overcome by 'manning up'. If you're sad because a loved one has passed away, that's not clinical depression, that's grieving. If you're sad because you're not getting to where you want to be in life, that's not clinical depression, that's lack of fulfilment. Etc etc.

I used to think I was depressed for a time there in my late teens/early twenties, but on reflection I realised I wasn't clinically depressed - it was just that at that time my life was pretty crap.

:exactly: :goodpost:

My Mother has clinical depression, she can get it at anytime and it can last years or just months. One day she'll come out of it and be a different person. The same can be said for when it comes against her

It's what happened to me. I was told I had depression, so the Doc says, and I got medication for it. I mean, it's not gone. It pops up. It's just....I can deal with it better. Same with Anxiety. Which completely wrecks me from time to time.

But I learned to push through it. It's hard. And it hurts. But I can make it happen.

i did not read ever post here.
But before you self diagnose yourself..
go see a doctor..
this is coming from someone who has hit rock bottom with PTSD.
i got treated for it.It's under control.always going to have to live with it.
But your insurance company will screw you and raise your medical insurance if you let them know you have anything like depression,ptsd,other stuff.
I hope you do well..stay strong and please just remember you do have friends here that care.,

A few years ago when i was down i was googling suicide stuff. I couldn't do it personally, i wouldn't put my family through that, but i found an advice story that had a line that stuck with me...

"You don't want to kill yourself, you just want to end the life you're living"

This hit home for me and i never forgot it.

The line that hit home for me was

"If you kill yourself, you're just a stupid selfish *****."

And I never thought of it past that moment in my teenage years again.

Yes, that is an ignorant comment. Man up? If only it were that simple. Yeesh. Lejuan. I have so much respect for you. You always are so thoughtful in the way you express and get your point across. So glad to have people like you on our forum.

Been going through a depression including self harm and a suicide attempt, but crawling through it without medication. Tough as **** but it's possible. Just make sure you do something about it before you go do stupid ****.

It worked. So.

And that's a fantastic result for you - but I'm not sure it's a helpful sentiment to be disseminating as it undermines public awareness and understanding of clinical depression. I'm not inclined to think about my best mate who took his own life six years ago as a stupid selfish *****, and I'm sure many others who have lost loved ones to clinical depression would object to their loss being framed in that way also. It's a complex issue - but again, good for you for making it through to the other side.

Back