depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depression isn?t as bad as the medication they give you to treat it. I would rather suffer from depression and or anxiety then have a **** that doesn?t work or a ****** that hates dicks. Most of the medications they use to treat these mental conditions take away your enjoyment of life's greatest pleasures (which ironically leads to more depression). Moral of the story don?t take prescription meds to treat depression or anxiety. Also, whatever you do never drink alcohol to self-medicate. I went down that rabbit whole myself and it was not a pretty sight or a fun experience. It took a pandemic to wake me up, I didn?t want to contract the vid and die so I decided to eat healthier and stop the booze. To my surprise, when I quit drinking cold turkey for 4 months my anxiety got better- the alcohol was actually making it worse (just like prescription drugs do but more on that latter). Now I only touch the poison on occasion, and only on the weekend and no more than 1 shot or 1 beer per sitting. I lost 40 lbs. in the process which I thought was a good thing but I have found it challenging to put weight back on. I was very lucky I didn?t get physically addicted to alcohol for me it was all mental self-medicate to deal with my symptoms of anxiety.

My dumb doctor had me taking 2 milligrams of lorazapam every day for almost 2 years, first it really worked but over time it started making my anxiety worse much like alcohol did. I stopped taking it daily a while ago and man oh man the anxiety it caused the first few days off it was off the charts. Now I only take it when I am having really bad racing thoughts or it?s causing me to worry too much about something (such as the day of my 2nd covid shot)

Better to turn your attention to something useful. Physicians cannot devote much time to ordinary patients due to covid problems. Better not to risk it.

Back