depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we are. lol I am just saying our body was mostly comprised of water. It wasn't meant to be taken literally that we're just water. Yikes. People take things far too literally on here.

Stop eating those gummy bears! :gah:

I'm feeling so guilty right now.

I'm watching a movie that was a favourite of an old friend. Just check his FB page to find that he passed away two years ago.

We both had the same illness. I had a transplant and am still here. He didn't and passed away.

There are other old friends who have died off while i'm still going.

I just feel so undeserving, why do i deserve life and they don't?

I know there's no answer just wanted to vent.

It's just luck of the draw. You're still here, they're not. Don't feel guilty about it, just make it count.

I'm feeling so guilty right now.

I'm watching a movie that was a favourite of an old friend. Just check his FB page to find that he passed away two years ago.

We both had the same illness. I had a transplant and am still here. He didn't and passed away.

There are other old friends who have died off while i'm still going.

I just feel so undeserving, why do i deserve life and they don't?

I know there's no answer just wanted to vent.

i'm a believer that when your number's up, it's up. you are still here because it was not your time and you still have a purpose here on earth. make sure you make the best of it!!!

i'm a believer that when your number's up, it's up. you are still here because it was not your time and you still have a purpose here on earth. make sure you make the best of it!!!

Thanks Man, that means alot.

Kudos man :bow

And kudos to the donor family too. Sadly we don't have a very good organ donation rate in this country.

Over here we're back and forth over an opt out scheme but it's of course a complicated affair.

Cystic Fibrosis? I'm glad you made it through and you're still with us!

CF yeah.

I'm very fortunate now as its like i don't even have it anymore :)

Hey op - some good suggestions here. A little background: I've had some maniac depression issues since, well, since my 20's - earliest that I can easily recall, but may have started in late teens...Ups and downs - as I've gotten older, those downs seems to last longer and longer.

Things that do help:

less sugar in diet, more water and less soda
Exercise - even if just a walk around the block - better than nothing
A regular schedule that works for you - I have a cell phone that I use as an alarm clock, aside from that no clocks
a support system - someone you can talk to on those moderate to bad days
No naps - ever. Don't do it.
** medication - not my personal fav, but it does help (me)
* a journal - some swear by it - not my thing, but it does help for those that like to put thoughts to paper
Lastly and this works for me, but I always prepare for bed by doing something relaxing; for myself, its reading. A chapter or two, then bed

Last edited:
Hey op - some good suggestions here. A little background: I've had some maniac depression issues since, well, since my 20's - earliest that I can easily recall, but may have started in late teens...Ups and downs - as I've gotten older, those downs seems to last longer and longer.

Things that do help:

less sugar in diet, more water and less soda
Exercise - even if just a walk around the block - better than nothing
A regular schedule that works for you - I have a cell phone that I use as an alarm clock, aside from that no clocks
a support system - someone you can talk to on those moderate to bad days
No naps - ever. Don't do it.
** medication - not my personal fav, but it does help (me)
* a journal - some swear by it - not my thing, but it does help for those that like to put thoughts to paper
Lastly and this works for me, but I always prepare for bed by doing something relaxing; for myself, its reading. A chapter or two, then bed

thanks for the great advice!!! :goodpost:

Been going through my own depressions to lately, had been dumped by my ex girlfriend and am on Anti-depressants at the moment. She left me just over a month ago and it sucks lol. I will get better eventually and someone who will treat me right will eventually come along some day.

can't put my finger on it but i've felt very blah for a couple of months now. i've lost interest in many of my hobbies and my favorite foods don't taste like they used to. i don't get very excited anymore and don't look forward to things like i used to.

i'm wondering if these are signs of depression. i don't like meds and really don't want to take anti-depressants, but i need to wake up from this funk.

anybody ever feel this way?

I feel depressed having read through this thread, does that count!? :lol

Been going through my own depressions to lately, had been dumped by my ex girlfriend and am on Anti-depressants at the moment. She left me just over a month ago and it sucks lol. I will get better eventually and someone who will treat me right will eventually come along some day.

Thats sucks Steve, hope you can get through it soon :1-1:

Breakups are hard. Went through a real bad one a few years ago. You just have to let yourself grieve and keep busy. You'll get over it. :1-1:

Back