depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on SSRI's for years, they keep me stable. They may or may not be suitable for your late onset state of mind, DM.

What about grief? You've suffered losses recently x2...there's a possibility that you haven't grieved properly. Some people are actually unable to.

A professional opinion would be a good idea.

I agree with others saying to seek counseling, though getting some advice from others who have encountered these kinds of problems probably won't hurt. If you do seek professional help and want to avoid being given meds however, you may want to see a psychologist first. Due to the insurance reimbursement process, psychiatrists have a strong incentive to prescribe medications.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/health/policy/06doctors.html

i am -------everyone is getting their ex mark vii and i have to freggin wait 6 weeks for my reg------------------------really depressed..........................:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah

I agree with others saying to seek counseling, though getting some advice from others who have encountered these kinds of problems probably won't hurt. If you do seek professional help and want to avoid being given meds however, you may want to see a psychologist first. Due to the insurance reimbursement process, psychiatrists have a strong incentive to prescribe medications.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/health/policy/06doctors.html

I agree about seeing a psychologist rather than a psychiatrist. They can give you an honest opinion about meds.

And most GP's are willing to prescribe meds for this sort of stuff if needed.

Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems. Behavioural therapy and meditation is the way to go. Also, exercise (get those endorphins kicking), and a good diet helps a ton.

You're obviously talking out of your ***. Don't make statements based on your own personal beliefs.

It is true that medications RESOLVE nothing. They merely suppress symptoms and make it easier for some people to cope. That isn't a resolution. Psychiatric drugs also cause permanent brain damage like Tardive Dyskenisia.
I enjoyed reading the book Toxic Psychiatry, by Peter Breggin, M.D., a psychiatrist, who is against psychiatric drugs in general and recommends talk therapy and says that often talking to friends and not professionals is the best.

I read the book 20 years ago. He also wrote the book Talking back To Prozac.

What Eli said is in line with what many psychiatrists believe.

everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

here he comes...

OhBoyHereWeGo.jpg

Go speak to a professional. Don't ask a bunch of nerds on a toy forum.

Ignorant statement Batty Boi. It's these 'nerds' who most likely can relate to the issues the OP posted. As such, their advice can sometimes help in understanding what he's going through.

here he comes...

OhBoyHereWeGo.jpg

Nope, not at all. The nice thing about referring to a book is that I can simply say read the book if you want to know about it, and this is especially true about a book written by an M.D. who is or was the foremost authority on the subject in question, which of course is the dangers of psychiatric drugs and the superiority of talk therapy.
He says it better than me, and has more credibility.
I only have long talks about things no one else says.

I will however, say this: The guy in that picture has a really goofy look about him that makes any opinion associated with that picture seem goofy and I dare say, jejune. It would be difficult to find a less goofy and undignified picture than that.

Ignorant statement Batty Boi. It's these 'nerds' who most likely can relate to the issues the OP posted. As such, their advice can sometimes help in understanding what he's going through.

You're right. Don't ask a professional.

I have. And I've done things. Doesn't still take away from the fact that during a certain part of every day, something makes me feel that way.

It's just something I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

Does it happen the same time everyday? Are you sure it's depression?

I get sleepy mid afternoon almost everyday. My mother is the same way.

Does it happen the same time everyday? Are you sure it's depression?

I get sleepy mid afternoon almost everyday. My mother is the same way.

Well, I was exaggerating a little. But it usually comes from two things. When I want to do a film project, I get really amped up to go work on it, but then I realize, as usual, it won't happen. I get that depression feeling back. Happens every week.

And then the moment I think about death bums me out to an irrational point.

I had depression for a while. I got over it because I man'ed up a little bit. I can deal with it easier. But it still creeps in. But I keep trying at it. Maybe i'll get lucky and get a film project off the ground. (All I really care about aside from family)

That's pretty much what I meant when I said get off yer ***. Makes perfect sense if what you're angling for never stays on the hook.

Back