Dejarik Holochess Set Expansion Pack Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually really impressed with this set... its not an overly exciting item, but it looks really nice.

My one complaint is Sideshow should not have used twist ties for these... I only had one bit of damage and it was from where the twist tie rubbed up against the figure and took off a small bit of paint. Its not a big deal, but it would have been better to wrap each one in plastic or tissue paper IMO.

I did have one arm on the purple figure that was positioned to low for him to be able to stand correctly so I did bend it up (ever so gently) w/o any trouble... to you can do that, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Also did anyone else have a number on the mailer box? Mine said 900, but there were no numbers on the actual piece.

Han and Luke decided to have a game.

DHC12.jpg

That is cool as hell MF! Now why couldn't Sideshow have created real holograms for us to play with?!? :rotfl

Thanks guys. It's by no means a dyanmic piece like a posable figure, but for what it is, it's a very well crafted piece and quite impressive in quality.

I got my EX set today. I really like it, the figures are great. The one place I think the set needed more attention is the detail on the table control panels. The details are soft and all of the push button keys should have symbols on them.
And not that I looked too close but the real prop table that is at Disney mgm appears to have 13 red lights where as this table has 12.
I may have to send mine back...kidding.(about sending it back, not about the lights.)

Steven

I did notice one of the protuding knobs on my table was actually broken. It was pushed over to the side and looked bad. But I was able to get it back into place w/o too much trouble.

Do do you think anyone will have a set w/no paint chips or broken pieces?

The wires were a VERY poor choice. I did notice a couple (tiny) Paint chips on one of my figures.

Do do you think anyone will have a set w/no paint chips or broken pieces?

Mine came without any damage.

As for the detail on the table, symbols and things wouldn't make much sense in film accurracy; it's a semi-background prop in a 1970's sci-fi film, detail wasn't abundant back then, everything sci-fi was about flashing lights to indicate computer consoles, so a few blue and red buttons reflects the style of the old days.

Where on the box is there a ES number of sorts, my box just has half a dozen stamps on it that say "QC2".

Last edited:
Han and Luke decided to have a game.

DHC12.jpg

My money's on Han--cause he'll cheat.
Mine's been delayed enough that it looks like I won't be getting it until Monday. It's in the right province now--- just not the right city for it to be put on the truck fro delivery. Oh well... C'est la vie...

They look like claymation figures. It's too bad they didn't cast these in transluscent plastic like Holo Sidious.

Worst idea EVER. They aren't very translucent in the movie.

These look so close to the actual props according to my coffee table book its amazing.

Worst idea EVER. They aren't very translucent in the movie.

These look so close to the actual props according to my coffee table book its amazing.

That and the fact that if there were cast in Transulcent plastic, they would look horrible. The scales, and sizes would be very much of. And plastic can be rather brittle. Metal is the best way to go for this scale.

I'm sure they look just like the claymation puppets pre-effects, but translucent plastic would achieve the in film effect. However, I agree that at this size, the translucent impact would be lost; look at Anakin's Sidious hologram, it's so small, it's almost just a solid blue, no translucence to it. I think you have to get into Hasbro 3 3/4" figure scale or bigger for the effect to really work, or use such faint colors that the color and detail are lost.

I'm sure they look just like the claymation puppets pre-effects, but translucent plastic would achieve the in film effect. However, I agree that at this size, the translucent impact would be lost; look at Anakin's Sidious hologram, it's so small, it's almost just a solid blue, no translucence to it. I think you have to get into Hasbro 3 3/4" figure scale or bigger for the effect to really work, or use such faint colors that the color and detail are lost.

wookiechess.jpg

They don't look very translucent in the film at all, IMO. More like irridecence (sp?) than anything.

I'm not an expert on paint or anything, but as far as I know you can't really take a plastic item and paint it different colors and maintain a very slight translucent effect. Take the big guy with the club. He'd be cast in one piece, painted brown for the most part except for his orange shirt. When you look at him at an angle, the light would shine through the brown and then through the orange and it would look weird.

You can do it in 2D but it wouldn't work in the real world.

Its either all or nothing. And according to the pic above, I'd take no translucence at all.

The best thing you can do to achieve the effect is take the figurines and paint a light irridectent medium or extremely light blue coating on it.

Last edited:
Mine came today but I haven't taken all of the pieces out yet, afraid they will break. Here is a pic of mine.

Back