Possible one of a kind item

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eth43c

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have a piece from the super mario chess collectors set that is a misprint. one of my yoshis (knight) says king on the base instead. I did some research and can't find any mention of another anywhere on the internet. How much do you think I could get for it, or does anyone else have one? I'm really curious to see. I can send pictures if anyone wants them.

Well, sorry to say, it's most likely not worth anything.

Random errors in mass produced toys aren't as sought after as recalled vintage baseball cards or things like that.

Nowadays, people don't want errors. They just want the toys and collectibles to be correct.

It's a supply and demand thing. It's a modern, mass produced item, with hundreds of thousands or even a million units out there. It's possible for errors to slip by. But the question is..is there any demand for that kind of thing these days? Maybe some eccentric collector that wants everything under the sun might pay a few dollars for it, but I can't see it being something people will seek out the way they seek out intentional variants and chase items.

I don't think so. This is just a misprinted piece in a chess set. Dual Cannon Samus was an error in the Amiibo line that arguably looked cooler than the actual production piece. Amiibo is a toyline that already has variant and chase figures built in that drive people to collect them all.

If one out of every 50,000 chess sets featured a Yoshi with Mario rider sculpted on, people would want to find that cause it's a unique variant. Just a misprint on the base of the figure isn't something people care much about.

Back