Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Death Note American Remake

37 is a good length. If it's on Netflix I can watch it.

Just curious, not trying to start anything, are the problems you have with this is that it features a white cast? Or does this just look way different from the manga and anime?

I'm an outsider and I'm very intrigued by this film.

The anime is on Netflix so I'll check it out. I'll probably be able to start watching it tonight. I checked out the intro and I liked how it opened with the different creatures in what looks to be there own world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's everything. The trailer showed Light the main character doing something completely out of character. And it's not just a White cast, the primary antagonist is Black while he's supposed to be Japanese. I cannot stand the race swapping crap regardless of whatever race is chosen, enough already.

37 is a good length. If it's on Netflix I can watch it.

Just curious, not trying to start anything, are the problems you have with this is that it features a white cast? Or does this just look way different from the manga and anime?

I'm an outsider and I'm very intrigued by this film.

The anime is on Netflix so I'll check it out. I'll probably be able to start watching it tonight. I checked out the intro and I liked how it opened with the different creatures in what looks to be there own world.

The main guy is kind of supposed to be a smart and calculating guy. Clever and cold. Always has the upper hand, always is one step ahead everyone else.
Think of it like a younger version of dexter ( kind of) but smarter and more calculating and more in control.

The trailer for this makes him look like a clueless wimp. Like a loser

The main guy is kind of supposed to be a smart and calculating guy. Clever and cold. Always has the upper hand, always is one step ahead everyone else.

Think of it like a younger version of dexter ( kind of) but smarter and more calculating and more in control.

The trailer for this makes him look like a clueless wimp.

And they showed he's going to have a love interest... ugh. He becomes an unlikable person, who only uses people. Never, in the Manga did he ever do anything with a girl. Not that he wasn't interested in them, he was too interested in himself.

The trailer for this makes him look like a clueless wimp. Like a loser

The trailer gave me the impression that he's an outcast who comes across this power and isn't so sure what to do with it. But it's not entirely clear based on the trailer. I'm going to guess that he doesn't fully embrace the book and he tries to get rid of it at the end.

I'll give it a chance tho.
I'm not a fan of DN so maybe this "adaptation" gonna work for me.

The trailer gave me the impression that he's an outcast who comes across this power and isn't so sure what to do with it. But it's not entirely clear based on the trailer. I'm going to guess that he doesn't fully embrace the book and he tries to get rid of it at the end.

If I were you I'd bail and just watch/read some form of the story. Part of the charm is discovering exactly who the primary character is. The first half of the story really keeps you on your toes because it does not follow narrative protocol.

He does the opposite :lol :lol, considers himself god and executioner. FULLY embraces the book lol.
Like i said, a darker smarter more manipulative dexter.

The anime for me was awesome

He does the opposite :lol :lol, considers himself god and executioner. FULLY embraces the book lol.
Like i said, a darker smarter more manipulative dexter.

The anime for me was awesome

Him being a megalomaniac antihero without remorse is why I found him so appealing. He's going to be a goody two shoes in this if bet.

I remember being so captivated by the cat and mouse game between L and light. You never knew what each guy was going to do to outsmart each other.
L munching snacks while barefoot was my favorite :lol :lol

They will both destroy light and L...... the whole point of L was how childish and immature but brilliant he was.

This will make him " tough quiet guy with a hoodie..." im sure there will be a blm moment with him too.... a comment or something

Death-Note-L-l-24516661-459-278.png

Light was also a very handsome dude. And while he wasn't a ladies man, girls would die for him. Had the perfect body, gifted athlete, gifted at everything ( i'm sure he did a couple of ladies her and there)

The guy playing him here looks like a male version of Amy Schumer.

Light was also a very handsome dude. And while he wasn't a ladies man, girls would die for him. Had the perfect body, gifted athlete, gifted at everything ( i'm sure he did a couple of ladies her and there)

The guy playing him here looks like a male version of Amy Schumer.

Yeah thats true as well.

This looks FANTASTIC.

Wingard is a brilliant filmmaker. So happy they got him to helm this.

Definitely one of my most anticipated movies of 2017.

Movie looks great. Ignore the purists on here who hilariously think they should have kept this story Asian.

There was no chance in hell that NETFLIX would have paid $40 Million for a non-American adaptation of DN. Not a chance. Same goes for Ghost in The Shell.

Movie looks great. Ignore the purists on here who hilariously think they should have kept this story Asian.

There was no chance in hell that NETFLIX would have paid $40 Million for a non-American adaptation of DN. Not a chance. Same goes for Ghost in The Shell.

No one said keep it asian. I compared it to dexter.
Light's characteristics are not specifically asian.
You are just making crap up
The leads are horrible. Has nothing to do with being american or asian.
This guy is like a lame peter Parker

I only said that if they care so much about diversity then why not make L asian.... just one actor.
That guy they got makes no sense personality wise

Death Note American Remake

You know what, **** it. I'm not a purist, but I think this could have been done better. Even if it ends up being a masterpiece, which it won't, it wouldn't have hurt to keep the protagonists looking at least a bit like the original characters. No one said Asian. Just CLOSE.

L's hairstyle and body language are ESSENTIAL. So are Light's LOOKS.

We got an ugly looking **** and a black guy.

Like, what the actual ****?

I'm of Hispanic descent BTW. So keep that race card where the sun doesn't shine. Enough is enough, this PC crap is intolerable.

Back