Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Death Note American Remake

Looks pretty bad, but since I have a Netflix sub I'll watch.

Can't be worse than BvS.

Yep.
Light looks like a nerd.
L is a black guy in hoody.

I'll check it out for free cuz I wanna see Ryuk.

The sole fact Light kissed the love interest is already the death knell in this thing. Not once, ever, did Light show any type of connection with anyone aside from his family. Everyone else is just a hindrance or a pawn to push his dream forward. They completely went out of their way to make both Light and L look completely different from the source material, especially L.

Could of just had a Japanese exchange student going to NYC or something.

The books are fun (though ultimately drawn-out for way too long). I prefer they make changes in adaptation. There's always the original material and two movies if you need things to look similar.

Netflix wants to preach diversity. Yet they dont cast an asian actor for L.... are they retarded?

OhTheShame.jpg

Indeed he does.

Holy crap, this looks great. I've never read the manga and I've never seen the anime but this looks like a version I could get into. I can't wait, hopefully this team can get back to their "The Guest" days and make this a great film.

Holy crap, this looks great.

Oy Vey.

I've never read the manga

No disrespect, but that's obvious. As a huge fan of the source material, read it. The first half of it is one of the best constructed plots I've ever read. While the second half leaves a lot to be desired, I think the ending pulled it out.

And if he doesnt want to read then just watch the anime.
The music in the anime is great. And the characters are pretty well developed. The anime is really good as well.

When i started watching it i couldnt put it down. It was so suspenseful.

This movie looks like s -- to be honest.

That's a fair point, the Anime is one of the few good adaptions from a Manga.

I'm not even a fan much of the Japanese films, but they were far better than what I'm seeing in this.

The manga is amazing. Loved the anime too, but the manga is where is at.

The anime is on Netflix, FYI.

Very tiny things got left out of the Anime, but generally everything is in there. Some stuff was changed in the Anime, particularly the final act. I don't mind the Anime version, the Manga version is so much more powerful.

At least the japanese movies got the actors right. This guy as light is pathetic. I dont buy him as the mastermind the story requires. That trailer was awful.

Who knows, L might actually steal the show with how bad light came out.

Oy Vey.

No disrespect, but that's obvious. As a huge fan of the source material, read it. The first half of it is one of the best constructed plots I've ever read. While the second half leaves a lot to be desired, I think the ending pulled it out.

No problems man, I personally just don't have the time to read and watch extra stuff beyond my own interest. Death note is a property that always intrigued me though. I'll check this out with fresh eyes and if I like it enough I might work my way back and watch the anime. How long is it? If I can find it on streaming I'll probably check it out sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problems man, I personally just don't have the time to read and watch extra stuff beyond my own interest. Death note is a property that always intrigued me though. I'll check this out with fresh eyes and if I like it enough I might work my way back and watch the anime. How long is it? If I can find it on streaming I'll probably check it out sooner.

It's 37 episodes. It's still on Netflix I think.

Just watch the japanese live movies. They are short and more faithful than this.

Just read the books up until the one part that makes you go "oh ****!" and then stop reading.

It's 37 episodes. It's still on Netflix I think.

37 is a good length. If it's on Netflix I can watch it.

Just curious, not trying to start anything, are the problems you have with this is that it features a white cast? Or does this just look way different from the manga and anime?

I'm an outsider and I'm very intrigued by this film.

The anime is on Netflix so I'll check it out. I'll probably be able to start watching it tonight. I checked out the intro and I liked how it opened with the different creatures in what looks to be there own world.

Back