DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow 11 nominations absolutely incredible regardless of what it wins. WB/DC constantly underrated and doing things for our genre in the industry.

Impressive- but so much more if it actually wins a few like Best Actor(a near shoo in in my opinion).

Where I work or mostly who I speak to I always have to justify loving the DC films, including BvS, Suicide Squad. My reasoning for even the questionable ones is at least they're trying to do something different. I'd much rather someone try to do something different and it not hit the mark than have a forumla for every single film be well received every time.

Regardless of that, I'm extremely happy Joker was made and even more so that it's being recognised... and even more so considering the amount of outraged and unwarrented and incredibly targeted backlash it got. Each nomination is a lovely middle finger up to all those bad blogging sites or reputable sites drumming up outrage because they were predisposed to not liking it in any shape or form in the first place.

I hope it goes on to win even more as an even bigger middle finger to the outrage of "snubs".

I looked into the voting system, and how anyone can call something at the oscars is beyond me. It's my understand, aside from best film, that only people within the field can vote for the films/people who represent that field. So basically, when someone is calling the noms/wins racist or sexist, they're eschewing each individuals (professional) preference in favour for them simply being something they're probably not... because what they feel should win or get nominated simply wasn't.

I'm sorry... but how can an award ceremony work other than single votes counted and the most voted for ones winning??

Hopefully they can take advantage of this and let it give a bit of direction to DC. I don't mean for them to start making a slew of Joker-esque movies, but they might consider more unique takes on their gallery of characters from this point forward.

Unfortunately, I think that's what they would do. Like most things that are different yet successful, they're often lightning in a bottle. It's the attempt afterwards to mimic it that rarely works. Hopefully they continue to try different things, but not necessarily try to make Joker over and over again.

Speaking of which, I finally saw this last night, and it really deserves all of the acclaim it's receiving. And this is coming from a charter member of the MCU Fan Club. It's raw and bleak as ****, so I don't see it being something I'll want to revisit over and over, but it's a great piece of filmmaking. Joaquin deserves the Oscar, seeing that he basically is the entire movie.

Phoenix won the Screen Actor's Guild award. The Oscar is his and his alone. It's a done.

He said, " I'm here on the shoulders of my favorite actor, Heath Ledger. Mr. Phoenix playing the game to perfection. :lol

TRDlOCr.jpg

The SAGs was painful to watch---SOOOO much mutual admiration ass kissing going on...

but really impressed with Pheonix getting the nod.

If he does not get Oscar it will be a huge upset...

I saw Joker again with my dad last night. He liked it. I noticed something new, after Joker shoots Murray, his suit turns purple because of the studio light when he grabs the camera and says goodnight to the audience. :D

Yes, it does... you must feel better about this?

View attachment 476726

Feel better? I like the red outfit too. :)

Anyway, I like the idea that some people at home watching the show probably will remember this "Joker" guy in a "purple" suit. I could see it as some kind of mandela effect. It's all there, the make up, but doesn't look like make up, the purple suit, the laugh, the violence...it's the start of a legendary or infamous figure in Gotham.

Would be so awesome to see a complementary Batman film to this. Really personal, gritty and low tech.

After letting this film marinate for a while, I'd say that

Spoiler Spoiler:

After letting this film marinate for a while, I'd say that

Spoiler Spoiler:

HT will make 3.0 eventually. It's inevitable. As far a Phoenix, I really like his version a lot. So much better than Leto.

HT will make 3.0 eventually. It's inevitable.
Eh, haven't the rights elapsed by this point? The 10 Year Anniversary came and went. I see no reason for them to release another Ledger Joker. Hell, I'm still waiting for a 1/6 RotJ Vader with an unmasked headsculpt, but I'm thinking I made a mistake passing on the other versions...
As far a Phoenix, I really like his version a lot. So much better than Leto.
Oh yeah, that goes without saying. Leto's Joker was a cringe-inducing poseur. As for Phoenix, I liked the perfomance well enough, I just feel that the movie itself wasn't as great as it's made out to be. It's like "baby's first class/mental drama", in a way. As for the comparison with the Ledger version, I guess the type of character isn't to my liking as much, as I prefer more assertive ones.

Eh, haven't the rights elapsed by this point? The 10 Year Anniversary came and went. I see no reason for them to release another Ledger Joker. Hell, I'm still waiting for a 1/6 RotJ Vader with an unmasked headsculpt, but I'm thinking I made a mistake passing on the other versions...

Oh yeah, that goes without saying. Leto's Joker was a cringe-inducing poseur. As for Phoenix, I liked the perfomance well enough, I just feel that the movie itself wasn't as great as it's made out to be. It's like "baby's first class/mental drama", in a way. As for the comparison with the Ledger version, I guess the type of character isn't to my liking as much, as I prefer more assertive ones.

HT makes no sense. They don't care about anniversaries. They just made a new Two Face and a 1/4 Ledger Joker. They will make a 3.0. Who knows when tho.

:lol

HT never pays attention to anniversaries, not even their own. I love how many people on here still pine for logic and magic dates that will bring the release they want. They have learned nothing.

That said, a 3.0 Ledger Joker is inevitable, especially after the redux Harvey Dent. This time maybe they'll get it right. Nah.... something will be deliberately off. I have learned.

Nicholson is still their BEST Joker ever.

HT makes no sense. They don't care about anniversaries. They just made a new Two Face and a 1/4 Ledger Joker. They will make a 3.0. Who knows when tho.

Hm, fair point. I can wait; I've been away for a long time and need to catch up with some other figures first.

:lol

HT never pays attention to anniversaries, not even their own. I love how many people on here still pine for logic and magic dates that will bring the release they want. They have learned nothing.

That said, a 3.0 Ledger Joker is inevitable, especially after the redux Harvey Dent. This time maybe they'll get it right. Nah.... something will be deliberately off. I have learned.

Nicholson is still their BEST Joker ever.

I do hope a 3.0 comes at some point. I got into the game with the Raimi-Man, but he arrived with a broken mold which put me off the hobby. I then kept collecting other stuff, got back in with the Big Chief Doctors, 2015 happened and buying online became a chore with the Regulations, so I stuck with comics (which I'm ending this year; I've already trimmed it to 30$/month, and when these series, which are mostly minis/maxis, like Morrison's GL end, I'm done for good; it's a waste of money). Which means that I missed on a lot of stuff. So, yeah, I'll be selfish and wish for a rerelease down the road.

As for the anniversaries, there still is their 20th. Boy, I bet we'll get some really KEWL stuff like, uh, Square Enix Iron Man and uh... Well I'm tapped out, I can't think of anything. They've been making Insomniac Spider-Man figures for about a year now and we still don't have a 2099, so I'll never be able to tell what goes on in their heads. The fact that all we got from MGS were MGS3 Snake/Boss & MGR Raiden, still perplexes me. But then again these are the same people who got Watchmen and made Silk Spectre instead of Rorschach, so... yeah.

Back