DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRB going to buy a 9$ pack of cigs!

F it JOKER MADE ME DO IT! ( I miss it too):(

My god, if only Peter Parker could get a movie like this. A one-off. Stand alone masterpiece. So sick of Spider-boy/Spider-beta. I've never seen all of anyone the new FFM movies and don't want to. Hell, i'd even take a Batman Begins type revival movie with the character with an older PP. Raimi's were good, but would love to see a 30-40 year old seasoned PP/SM. But it's not gonna happen for a long time if ever, and if they wanna keep rehashing the kid/teen/ ******** over and over..let it die. (Why did the game do so good? ****ing older PP/SM, not some kick ass game mechanic.(although done well)

/rant

People have different Jokers to prefer based on what they like most about his character as a psycho, clown, and mastermind. Nicholson is kind of the only one who was all three. Ledger was the first and the third, Phoenix was the first and second, though as has been pointed out not the most terrifying and randomly murderous of psychos.

However him showing mercy to the midget, and then being unable to stifle his laughter at the near paralyzing terror felt when he realized he couldn't reach the door lock gave Arthur a level of cruelty not seen in any prior cinematic Joker, and few movie villains in general. And honestly I had no idea whether he was going to kill the midget in the moment or if he was just toying with him or what, and I think part of the reason that Arthur let him go was simply because he wasn't planning on surviving the night. As I said right after watching the movie it made him feel a bit like Roy Batty, where in one moment he kills Sebastian (who helped him) but spares Dekkard (who was hunting him.) And laughing about it to boot.

So no, he isn't the most homicidal but I do think that he alternates between being the most interesting *and* most unsettling, which just makes for an altogether fascinating take.

The midget scene.
The stairs scene.
The curtain opening at F Murray stage.

Those 3 scenes alone but especially the midget scene makes his performance and scene build up worthy of super high praise.

Even though I have problems with this movie specifically being connected to Joker there is no denying that those 3 scenes are some of the best to grace genre screens.

But couldn?t the movie just been called Crazy Guy Getting Crazier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as the movie was over it reminded me of Taxi Driver and I didnt really enjoy Taxi Driver, I thought both it and Joker were boring. JP gave an awesome performance though

This film grounded the character in a way we've never seen before. His "Joker" name is what Muhrayyy originally called him as an insult, his over the top laugh is a medical condition or he fakes laughs to fit in. His suit, while flashy, it's not unusual for the time period, and the green hair and make up, comes from the masks that the protesters were wearing and the outfit he used to wear as a clown. He just embodying the image of the movement in Gotham. Good stuff.

Additional footage not in the film during chase scene. Joker runs into guy in mask.

Arthur chasing Thomas Wayne in the city to give him the letter.

Cop falls down and hurts leg :lol

After Joker is fired and he "punches out", this is what happens after he walks out. I preferer the way that scene ended with the bright light, so it's good that they cut the scene.

d168d74b6ccccfb9f3dfa5f223d335d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone who was to scared to go see it opening weekend will go the second weekend. No surprise to me it is having a strong second weekend if you add that to very good worth of mouth.

C?mon dude Marvel movies vs DC movies comparisons is as old as time itself only weird thing is that you think it?s weird lol

I guess I was just shocked that you seemed to say that as a stand alone movie that Joker was better than EG.. But the two films IW and EG are better then Joker..

So what's weird to me is that you would even come close to thinking that...

Yes, TDK is great in parts but is also quite uninteresting in parts with an ending that just fizzles after the Joker is caught. I found "JOKER" rivetting from beginning to end with the all-important factor of the film peaking in the third act. I also prefer BB to TDK.

First time viewing I thought TDK was riveting from beginning to end.. Repeat viewings I still find it great but will agree that the ending goes on a bit but its all worth it for the Gordon speech and that final shot. Oh the promise of what was to come that we never got.

IM was a great introduction to the character but no universe had been brought to life yet. It was just another standalone superhero with some post-credit lip service to other heroes at the end which at that point was nothing new.

Oh I don't agree there.. Nick Fury showing up was a signal to what was to come.. I mean when he spoke of the Avengers Imitative and it was Sam Jackson... It did not seem like lip service to me at all. It was an announcement of MCU's plan. I never once thought it was lip service. The film is still IMO one of Marvels best..

Let's be honest, this is the defining factor in how you rank superhero films and film years. Not that at blame you as a Hulk superfan. ;)

Aw come on... That's not true.. If it was then IW would not still rank as one of my favs.. Avengers is the only Marvel film that has Hulk in it that is in my top 4 perfect marvel movies. with IW, TWS, CW being the other three. Hell for a long time TWS was my fav and Avengers was number two but repeat viewings of both puts Avengers at number one for me.

Hulk was not the worst in AOU but that still ranks as one of my bottom three.

I do love the Hulk movie because I think it was a well done Hulk film and far better then many give it credit for. It was very true to the character and had some great action. Had the film been more in line with Marvels other movies and Ed Norton stuck around or Ruffalo was cast to begin with, I think people would think back on it more fondly.

So of course Hulk is going to rank high and be a factor in what I see as the best comic book year. :)

I think TDK is still the best Comic book movie of all time. It still holds up to repeat viewings.. I liked Joker but its not a film that I cant wait to see again.

TDKR's flaws are obvious but I've still liked that film from the very beginning. Definitely third place in the Nolan trilogy though.

The first time I saw it was the first and last time I fully enjoyed it.. I don't hate the film but I am not crazy with were it took the Batman character. That along with its other flaws hurts the film and trilogy as a whole for me. :(

People have different Jokers to prefer based on what they like most about his character as a psycho, clown, and mastermind. Nicholson is kind of the only one who was all three. Ledger was the first and the third, Phoenix was the first and second, though as has been pointed out not the most terrifying and randomly murderous of psychos.

However him showing mercy to the midget, and then being unable to stifle his laughter at the near paralyzing terror felt when he realized he couldn't reach the door lock gave Arthur a level of cruelty not seen in any prior cinematic Joker, and few movie villains in general. And honestly I had no idea whether he was going to kill the midget in the moment or if he was just toying with him or what, and I think part of the reason that Arthur let him go was simply because he wasn't planning on surviving the night. As I said right after watching the movie it made him feel a bit like Roy Batty, where in one moment he kills Sebastian (who helped him) but spares Dekkard (who was hunting him.) And laughing about it to boot.

So no, he isn't the most homicidal but I do think that he alternates between being the most interesting *and* most unsettling, which just makes for an altogether fascinating take.

I figured he would not kill the midget.. However, I would have preferred if he did not tell the midget that he was the only one that was nice to him before he let him go.. I would have thought it was more creepy / confusing / nuts if he just did it without explanation.

I was not sucked into the film as much as most. I liked it but like Jye I was never fully blown away.

Solid movie though. Best DC since TDK.

Back