DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i’m down for an indie style Joker origin with talent from the likes of JP...

BUT I do think cgi is being used for example Arkham Asylum in that trailer.

I'm guessing the fans that are disappointed in this trailer are the ones who loved the Justice League movie :)

If the movie lives up to the trailer, I expect this will do very well in the box office and probably be nominated for several awards... but I'm getting ahead of myself... after all the trailer for the Suicide Squad looked awesome but the movie was a complete disaster... Will have to wait and see.....

I'm the exact opposite. It looks amazing. And God damn right it looks like an indie. Happy it does.

Kudos for those who think this looks good, but nothing about it is compelling to me.

The Indie angle is fine, if it tries to be just that. If it's just a guy/clown who cracks, goes insane, and is a criminal/serial killer with police chasing him rather than costumed vigilante's. A single fartsy artistic film rather than a grand spectacle of a movie with cameos or hints of other DC characters (Batman, anyone?). And hopes to become more than a single stand alone story with having sequels. But that would never be WB/DC's angle. They want franchises, and trilogies. $$ makers. Not single stand alone movies that find small audiences.

For me it looks like it fits in more with the M. Night Shyamalan series. I never liked Unbreakable, Split was unwatchable for me (recorded it on HBO and after 15 minutes scanned through till the end), and I have no intention of ever seeing Glass.

I'm guessing the fans that are disappointed in this trailer are the ones who loved the Justice League movie :)

:lol ..... Ummmm, No.

JL was awful. The only DCEU movie I liked was MOS. WW was OK, and the hype was waaay over blown (like Black Panther). BvS was out loud laughable to me, SS disappointing and forgettable, and JL was a mess. JL ruined what was good or OK and was laughable at what was new. Still haven't seen Aquadude, as I didn't like the character in JL one bit (and I like Momoa, just not as Aquaman). I'll catch it on TV or borrow a friends Bluray.

Kudos for those who think this looks good, but nothing about it is compelling to me.

The Indie angle is fine, if it tries to be just that. If it's just a guy/clown who cracks, goes insane, and is a criminal/serial killer with police chasing him rather than costumed vigilante's. A single fartsy artistic film rather than a grand spectacle of a movie with cameos or hints of other DC characters (Batman, anyone?). And hopes to become more than a single stand alone story with having sequels. But that would never be WB/DC's angle. They want franchises, and trilogies. $$ makers. Not single stand alone movies that find small audiences.

For me it looks like it fits in more with the M. Night Shyamalan series. I never liked Unbreakable, Split was unwatchable for me (recorded it on HBO and after 15 minutes scanned through till the end), and I have no intention of ever seeing Glass.

I'm guessing since most of the DC movies have been complete duds (except Nolans & Burtons) DC is trying to rebuild their reputation that they can tell a good story... MOS was good with a few hiccups here and there but the rest have been pretty bad.... Batman vs Superman was a bust, Justice League was a huge bust, Suicide Squad stunk up the theaters, WW was just meh (the villain was horrible), Aquaman's story was boring as hell and the CGI in both WW and Aquaman was pretty bad for the most part and made the movies feel really cheap...

Hmm. I'll certainly give this a look.

Not sure its the right thing to do to show a full origin story for The Joker but looks like they're doing it and it probably has the best possible chance of being good with Phoenix in the role.

I'll always have preconceived notions about how the Joker should be represented but this exploration of the character certainly has my interest.

05B51BAB-D6E5-4336-A532-39DF9AE44159.jpeg

We do laugh sir?

So that we can learn how to pick ourselves up.
[emoji38]

...on a serious note, Ledger's joker is forever burned into my mind, ...it will take an amazing performance to open my mind to other takes on the character. ...if anybody could do it, I suppose Phoenix could.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Meh...we”ll see. Nolan’s films were a departure from the comic book look. This appears to be even more so.

I really don’t want an in depth origin story for the Joker anyways, especially one that may try to put some type of sympathy for the character in it.

I’m seeing YT videos with fans saying they are thrilled to finally be getting a gritty taxi driver style Joker movie.

Am I missing something here wasn’t Joker in TDK gritty?

Last edited:
Meh...we”ll see. Nolan’s films were a departure from the comic book look. This appears to be even more so.

I really don’t want an in depth origin story for the Joker anyways, especially one that may try to put some type of sympathy for the character in it.

I'm not sure that this film is going to be so much about the Joker character we have come to know but rather a fantasized nihilistic allegory for mental illness.

Back