DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big mistake calling this movie Joker.

Would’ve been cool slowly figuring out it was a Joker/Batman movie while watching it.

Imagine seeing his madness unfold and not until the 3rd act he is called Joker.

But nope that cool concept is now ruined.

That actually would have been really cool. Like Bruce Willis showing up at the end of Split. Imagine if they had marketed it as a crazy Joaquin Phoenix movie where he's initially in another city (like Ledger Joker before showing up in Gotham in TDK.) Then 2/3 of the way in the audience figures out who he is and what universe this is in. Damn, what a missed opportunity!

Yup it’s “low budget” gritty enough to have worked just make it a psychological study of this guy traveling city to city ending at Gotham becoming this unorthodox crime genius.

But nope.....JOKER BAM!!!! :lol

That should’ve been the title...JOKER...BAM!

lol

Who cares what they call it if its good- I'm pretty confident this movie will be good- Will it please everyone probably not but it will be a deep character study, and more down to earth/realistic, and grittier than any other superhero movie to date- if we can even call it a superhero movie. It worked for Nolan's joker. People expecting superhero **** will be disappointed but JP is a method actor like no other, he doesn't make bad movies, regardless of the budget the role is in safe hands- Ill be shocked if he doesn't get nominated for some awards, even if its just a golden globe.

Big mistake calling this movie Joker.

Would’ve been cool slowly figuring out it was a Joker/Batman movie while watching it.

Imagine seeing his madness unfold and not until the 3rd act he is called Joker.

But nope that cool concept is now ruined.

A movie called, Joe Kerr. :D

It's not a good idea, because some random movie or crime drama won't get much of an audience nowadays. It won't sell. Also, it's almost impossible to keep that big of a spoiler a secret, and even if somehow they were to keep it a secret, once the film is out, the secret would come out and most people would still go see the film knowing it's a Joker origin. Look at what happened to the Star Trek sequel, when they tried keeping Kahn a secret, it backed fire on them.

3 words destroys your entire theory.

The Sixth Sense

Actually make that 2 words.

Infinity War

No make that one word!

Endgame

Actually every movie that has a spoiler is respected by audiences and the critics to this day.

Spoilers rarely get out unless you’re actively looking for them.

3 words destroys your entire theory.

The Sixth Sense

Actually make that 2 words.

Infinity War

No make that one word!

Endgame

Actually every movie that has a spoiler is respected by audiences and the critics to this day.

Spoilers rarely get out unless you’re actively looking for them.

Sixth Sense was before internet.

We knew a lot about IW.

We don't know anything about Endgame....but, they're not trying to hide the most famous comic villain of all time.

I wonder if this movie is about the comic book Joker character that would be cool if it was.

I can now scratch seeing Phoenix dancing in baggy fruit of the looms off my bucket list lol

Well that looks amazing. Take my money , give a second Joker an Oscar. Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it certainly has the potential, especially if it is character focused like they have said. But anything could happen, it could be awful. I have no problem with joker being redone a zillion times. Nicholson, Ledger, and Phoenix are acting royalty in my eyes. And joker is the no. 1 villain of all time. ANNDDD Black Panther had that whole firstcomic Oscar thang. So perfect storm , perfect storm.

This looks good, I’m very interested. The best part is that it comes across as a raw, real, and non cgi type movie I love it.

I don’t see why it still can’t be a great DC Joker movie. :dunno

He looked like Ledger in that one closeup scene with him behind the cage.

Ewwww he was playing with young Bruce’s face.

Looks amazing!

:dunno

That looks awful... He looks ok at the end in the purple suit, but that voice!! His voice does not fit the character at all... He should've at least tried to talk with some kind of eerie, scary, or menacing voice. He just sounds whiny and annoying as ****.

It just seems to be some psychological thriller about a clown who goes over the edge. A small Indie film. Not a Comic Book movie, nor even based on comic Joker. WB/DC still trying to cash in on the Darker successful Nolan bats movies.

What a waste...

I don’t see why it still can’t be a great DC Joker movie. :dunno

He looked like Ledger in that one closeup scene with him behind the cage.

Ewwww he was playing with young Bruce’s face.

Seems like a Dc Joker movie to me. I have no idea what these people are talking about. A little bit of artistry, style ,and restraint doesn’t mean it’s not a comic book movie. It actually seems pretty accurate to killing joke backstory , or even a little bit of that one off Joker graphic novel (which was awesome)

But honestly who cares what the naysayers think , PHOENIX Joker. Pinch me I still think I’m dreaming.

:dunno

That looks awful... He looks ok at the end in the purple suit, but that voice!! His voice does not fit the character at all... He should've at least tried to talk with some kind of eerie, scary, or menacing voice. He just sounds whiny and annoying as ****.

It just seems to be some psychological thriller about a clown who goes over the edge. A small Indie film. Not a Comic Book movie, nor even based on comic Joker. WB/DC still trying to cash in on the Darker successful Nolan bats movies.

What a waste...

I'm the exact opposite. It looks amazing. And God damn right it looks like an indie. Happy it does.

Back