DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Those Batmobile shots are dope
I've had mine for like two years and haven't opened yet, I need a spot to put it on display, I don't want to tease myself until then lol
Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That SDCC hope is good to hear.
I saw something interesting on DST's latest Q&A today. Someone asked how the Batman Animated line was going and DST said that they're currently taking a short break on it. It sounds like maybe the break is across multiple licensees and not just DCC then?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That SDCC hope is good to hear.
I saw something interesting on DST's latest Q&A today. Someone asked how the Batman Animated line was going and DST said that they're currently taking a short break on it. It sounds like maybe the break is across multiple licensees and not just DCC then?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I hope it will return sooner than later. Those recent two-in-one sets (Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary set with Batman and Batgirl with Clayface) look especially great.

I'll just keep posting customs while we wait for SDCC.
I finished up Spellbinder! His recipe was Nightwing's body, Firefly's head, a fair amount of sanding/filling, and a lot of painter's tape.
82bdb1441e018b1199d429936116ec4e.jpg

I'll just keep posting customs while we wait for SDCC.
I finished up Spellbinder! His recipe was Nightwing's body, Firefly's head, a fair amount of sanding/filling, and a lot of painter's tape.
82bdb1441e018b1199d429936116ec4e.jpg

Fantastic job

The packaging for the new DC Essentials figures looks exactly like the package for the leaked Martian Manhunter figure. So maybe DCC are using this packaging for all figures going forward now? If so, it raises a few questions and concerns: my main concern being if new BTAS figures (specifically Two-Face and Scarecrow) come in this packaging, it looks like they will get extremely minimal accessories and no extra hands.

83A08D4D-2B09-4BBC-A489-8D13200266F8.jpg

I don't care. If Two Face and Scarecrow come with no accessories I will be totally fine with it.

Same. I just want them to finish the line. I can live without accessories.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

I agree that I'd rather have the figures without extras than not at all. But I wouldn't say I'd be OK with it. Accessories I could live without, but the extra hands would be the real downer for me. Weapons can be added from other figures, extra hands can't.

Anyway, I guess at this stage it's not certain who or what we're getting. They may do BTAS figures with hands and accessories for all we know. I guess we'll know for sure at SDCC.

If I had to guess though, and going by all the rumors/info, I'd say we'll get a wave of 4 Justice League figures (to be continued in a future wave), and a wave of 4 BTAS figures (Scarecrow, Two-Face, Gray Ghost, and either Bruce Wayne or TNBA Penguin).

This is where I point out that the Martian Manhunter figure, when compared to the Essentials Batman figure, appears to be in the 7" scale.

Not necessarily. You can see the proportions of the packaging are different. The Martian Manhunter package is visibly slimmer, so there’s always a possibility that it’s shorter in height too. There’s nothing to get a sense of scale in the Martian Manhunter photo, so at this stage nothing is certain.

The Superman 2-pack still seems like a shift toward a larger scale. Lois and Harley are the same height (5' 7") but Lois the figure is significantly taller.

STASsupelois-17.jpg

Going to a larger scale might be the only way DCC can continue offering Animated figures outside of multipacks without stepping on Mattel's toes.

The Superman 2-Pack wasn’t a conscious shift toward a larger scale. It was just another sad case of DCC screwing up the scale within their own lines. They’ve done it many times. In fact, just within the Animated line there are a few examples: The Creeper, Talia Al Ghul, Robin, TNBA Poison Ivy, BTAS Poison Ivy...... all out of scale. Some arguably more than others. But the point is DCC have screwed up the scale a few times. The same in some of their other lines too.

As for your picture example, it’s not a good one. You picked a picture with Lois next to two of the smallest female figures in the line. If you had Lois stood next to Catwoman or Talia or Renee Montoya, you’d see Lois fits right in.

Someone can help me to find a GCPD set ad a decent price? Thanks mates.

20180531_114739.jpg

20180531_114802.jpg

I've always want one joker to add whit this batman...

The Superman 2-Pack wasn’t a conscious shift toward a larger scale. It was just another sad case of DCC screwing up the scale within their own lines. They’ve done it many times. In fact, just within the Animated line there are a few examples: The Creeper, Talia Al Ghul, Robin, TNBA Poison Ivy, BTAS Poison Ivy...... all out of scale. Some arguably more than others. But the point is DCC have screwed up the scale a few times. The same in some of their other lines too.

As for your picture example, it’s not a good one. You picked a picture with Lois next to two of the smallest female figures in the line. If you had Lois stood next to Catwoman or Talia or Renee Montoya, you’d see Lois fits right in.

I really, really, really hope you're right. J'onn's a pretty tall character anyway.

And I know all about DCD/DCC's struggle with scale. (Ed McGuinness Hawkman!) But there was a point when DCD shifted away from the 6" scale and toward slightly larger scale and it wasn't accidental. I'm hoping that's not the case with this line but there are too many other issues to dismiss.

Looking forward to SDCC.

There's also the point of Lois is wearing heels and Harley is one flats. i don't see it as that much out of scale.

It's not. BTAS Harley was maybe a little too short, Livewire is definitely too short, also both Ivys are too short, Supes is a little too tall, Talia probably is, too...par for the course.

Back