DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

You are all right, but if they didn't show anything even at journalists and photographers, we won't see any new figures for at least 1 year. We have to know if they bring something at fair just for few journalists or not.

Hopefully, if they don’t have anything there, someone grills them about the future of the line and gets us some answers. I’d still like to see a Batcycle, but, for now, my hope is that maybe they just didn’t think one or two figures would warrant inclusion in their “big” line-up and they sneak them in along with the Joker and Harley expressions packs. I will say this, though, and it’s something that actually gives me a little bit of hope for the future of the line: the fact that it doesn’t seem like there were a ton of statues included in the Toy Fair presentation. Between the Essentials line, Doomsday Clock, and the Bombshells figures, that seems to run counter to the narrative that DCC was phasing out their toy lines in favor of more statues that we were hearing about a while ago.

Just saw the midtown comics toyfair dc coll coverage and nothing beside exp packs...

I have my fingers crossed , I was really hoping for more batman figures but anything is better than nothing .

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

The second they put up images of that Rogues Gallery 5 pack with Croc, Freeze, Ivy, Bane and Montoya, a light bulb should have went off in your heads. The fact that they even bothered to go out of their way to build that ridiculous Jokermobile, only to predictably cancel it a short time later should be enough evidence to show you where their head is at with the line. Since Wave 1 character selection and quality control issues, they've continued to mishandle every aspect of the line. The guys that had a passion for the line aren't even working their magic there anymore.

First it was "let's see what happens at SDCC 2017", then when the showings sucked it was "lets hold out for Toy Fair". Now we're at "let's see what happens at SDCC" again.

Be thankful you got what you got over the last couple of years. Some of them are real gems that probably will never have the chance of being made again.

Just saw the midtown comics toyfair dc coll coverage and nothing beside exp packs...

Doesn't necessarily pertain to the animated line, but Jim Fletcher did say several times that they had some stuff they couldn't talk about or have on camera, as they always do at shows.

Ok, you can all rant now, nothing new was shown xDDD
LOL is just me or Harley feet colors are wrong???? xDD

DC-Collectibles 7__scaled_800.jpgDC-Collectibles__scaled_800.jpg

Damn it..I want new product..there is so much left in the BTAS universe :gah:

So many characters they can do...

Female Man Bat
Thorpe
Leslie
Grey Ghost
Ubu
Man Wolf
Tygress
Kurt Langstrom
Barbara Gordon
Bruce Wayne
**** Grayson
Mad Bomber
The Mayor

Etc, etc, etc

Last edited:

at least Harley looks cool on rollers xDD
DC-Collectibles 2__scaled_600.jpg

Ok, you can all rant now, nothing new was shown xDDD
LOL is just me or Harley feet colors are wrong???? xDD

View attachment 394204View attachment 394205

It's not just you. The red shoe should be on the black leg, and the red shoe should be on the black leg. Judging from the color and finish on those heads that's a production sample, so that's unlikely to get fixed.

It's not just you. The red shoe should be on the black leg, and the red shoe should be on the black leg. Judging from the color and finish on those heads that's a production sample, so that's unlikely to get fixed.

true, plus I was thinkin... feets are switchable with rollerblades, probably they just attached them wrong. DCC setups are always terrible... remind the GCPD poses?? hahaha xD

Guys checkout the BTAS Mondo thread , new video of the figure

I don't have more words.... nothing new...what a shame...another incomplete collection

Yeah, I'm sure that Instagram post is just a coincidence. Just because the New York Toy Fair previews a week from today means nothing, especially to a toy company posting an image of a toy whose collectors are known for panicking. They're just trolling consumers because that's great for business.

Seriously, how many times have people wrongfully predicted this line's demise since it began?

DON'T PANIC.

Seriously, how many times have people here posted a sarcastic comment thinking they know best?

Told you that DCC Instagram post had nothing to do with hyping fans up for ToyFair BTAS reveals. And I knew that, cos I took note of the facts.

true, plus I was thinkin... feets are switchable with rollerblades, probably they just attached them wrong. DCC setups are always terrible... remind the GCPD poses?? hahaha xD

Yeah I think you’re right here. Clearly the feet are removable for the roller blades, and some idiot put them back on the wrong way. Probably the same idiot that didn’t think to show off any new BTAS stuff for fans that have literally been telling them they want more for the past 6 months!

Seriously, how many times have people here posted a sarcastic comment thinking they know best?

Told you that DCC Instagram post had nothing to do with hyping fans up for ToyFair BTAS reveals. And I knew that, cos I took note of the facts.

Yup.

I don't see why people refuse to see the writings on the wall in regards to this stuff. It just the boggles the mind. They got nothing planned. If they had even the slightest morsel, they'd show it in the form of digital models on a foamcore board (like in 2014 with Wave 3/4) or something.

IMG_9462.JPG

It's over or almost over, no matter how many times people post long wish lists of character favorites.

Yeah I think you’re right here. Clearly the feet are removable for the roller blades, and some idiot put them back on the wrong way. Probably the same idiot that didn’t think to show off any new BTAS stuff for fans that have literally been telling them they want more for the past 6 months!

Yeah. The more I look at that pic, the more it looks like the curve on the inside of the feet should actually be on the outside. I'm more annoyed at this point that the bright white on the faces from the prototype figure is gone and we're back to that grayish semi-translucent plastic from the original Harley release.

I cannot believe this!!!!

Seriously, they can’t even make just two more BTAS figures (Two-Face and Scarecrow) and TNBA (Penguin and maybe Gordon) just to “finish” the line, for Christ’s sake?????

I mean, freaking Two-Face!! A major character in not just TAS, but also in the Batman universe!!!!
Penguin too!!

After all that we’ve put in it, that’s how it ends, incomplete??

Also, not even a message for us, saying it’s over and why etc?
Or, on the bright side, that’s a sign? No “goodbye” message means it’s still going. Don’t know, just trying not to think it’s over.

After the Harley and Joker packs are out, it’s either SDCC or the line is indeed over.

Back