DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Maybe they weren’t getting the return in investments that DCC put into the line. Well what did the expect, limited articulation, high prices and limited distribution

This line would’ve sold a lot quicker if it was sold at the mass market stores like Target, Walmart, TRU, etc

I hope they dont sell anything anymore !!!!! Ridiculous business policy

It's too bad they didn't just focus on the original animated series first, and then focus on TNBA later. At least then one of the series would be complete. Not to mention TNBA is just inferior to the original designs anyway. Pretty sure most people would gladly trade any of those figures just to have TAS Two-Face, and Scarecrow. I mean, Anti-Fire Suit Batman, FIrefly, Croc, and Baby Doll... Really? Those had no business being made.

I always loved the TNBA scarecrow design and preferred it over the BTAS versions, but that figure is garbage, so......sure. Why not?

It's too bad they didn't just focus on the original animated series first, and then focus on TNBA later. At least then one of the series would be complete. Not to mention TNBA is just inferior to the original designs anyway. Pretty sure most people would gladly trade any of those figures just to have TAS Two-Face, and Scarecrow. I mean, Anti-Fire Suit Batman, FIrefly, Croc, and Baby Doll... Really? Those had no business being made.

I've been saying that since Wave 1 debuted back when Catwoman was the only BTAS character in the offering. Kiniry and Fletcher kept reassuring everyone, saying how confident they were in offering any secondary character because it wouldn't be a problem, they'd just get to the other version somewhere down the line. Well, we're finally down that line.

I'd have traded the Creeper, Etrigan & Klarion, the Croc and Baby doll for BTAS Two-Face, BTAS Scarecrow and the Gray Ghost. Hell, we could have lived without that awful BTAS Christmas Joker, Livewire and Supergirl in exchange for Clock King, Kyodai and HARDAC Batman.

I dunno, I don't get it. Never have. Should have debuted the line with classics, then build on it with TNBA and secondary characters. Having something like TNBA Batman coming out later in the line would have freshened the line of BTAS started getting stale too. Instead, they're just rereleasing Joker and Harley for like the 4th time for 50 bucks each.

What annoys me the most is the fact they KNOW how much the fans want those last few remaining key characters. They even said so themselves in that BTAS specific Q&A video last year. Kevin said something along the lines of “we know how much you want these characters” in reference to Two-Face, Scarecrow, Gray Ghost, Bruce Wayne and TNBA Penguin. I know Kevin left shortly after, but surely other people there have the same knowledge.

And also, literally EVERY time DCC posts something on social media (wether it’s on Facebook or Instagram or YouTube, and no matter what the post relates to) there is always at least one person, often more, who leaves a comment regarding the BTAS figures. That has happened for the past t months. So it’s crazy to imagine they don’t know the demand for these figures.

I've been saying that since Wave 1 debuted back when Catwoman was the only BTAS character in the offering. Kiniry and Fletcher kept reassuring everyone, saying how confident they were in offering any secondary character because it wouldn't be a problem, they'd just get to the other version somewhere down the line. Well, we're finally down that line.

I'd have traded the Creeper, Etrigan & Klarion, the Croc and Baby doll for BTAS Two-Face, BTAS Scarecrow and the Gray Ghost. Hell, we could have lived without that awful BTAS Christmas Joker, Livewire and Supergirl in exchange for Clock King, Kyodai and HARDAC Batman.

I dunno, I don't get it. Never have. Should have debuted the line with classics, then build on it with TNBA and secondary characters.

Exactly.

I don’t doubt they had every intention of making everyone as they said at the beginning, but they should have managed it better.

Exactly.

I don’t doubt they had every intention of making everyone as they said at the beginning, but they should have managed it better.

Another poorly managed, incomplete line from the world of action figures.

I have lost count of the disappointments over the last 20 yrs of action figure collecting due to major characters not being released before a line's cancellation.

I am done with this hobby.

Why were people expecting any announcements? They said on their Instagram a few months ago there were no more releases after Harley and Joker.

Why were people expecting any announcements? They said on their Instagram a few months ago there were no more releases after Harley and Joker.

I wasn’t aware of that, and I follow them on Instagram. I’ve never seen anyone else mention that either strangely. They outright stated the line was done?

Literally the first i am hearing on this. The last official thing i remember was that live Facebook q&a during which they stated the line was not over.

^This. If they actually said flat out on Instagram that the line is done, then surely there's a link.

It ain’t over, ‘til it’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to be positive here: maybe they are saving the new/ "final" figures of the line for SDCC?

Because, see: ok, they have the Harley and Joker expressions pack for Toy Fair, which kinda represents the Animated line there and also gives them more time to "develop" new figures. But, the packs will be released way before SDCC, which leaves a space for new Animated stuff for SDCC.
If the line ain't over, like they said in that q&a late last year, sure there will be something for them to unvail at SDCC.

Trying to be positive here: maybe they are saving the new/ "final" figures of the line for SDCC?

Because, see: ok, they have the Harley and Joker expressions pack for Toy Fair, which kinda represents the Animated line there and also gives them more time to "develop" new figures. But, the packs will be released way before SDCC, which leaves a space for new Animated stuff for SDCC.
If the line ain't over, like they said in that q&a late last year, sure there will be something for them to unvail at SDCC.

200.gif

Tweeted to PixelDan to ask the DC people about the line. Maybe if a few more people do as well he can ask when he does his runthrough of their stuff.

So, it seems like we don’t know ifthe martian manhunter pic posted means anything

At this point I'll try to customize Two Face and Scarecrow using those figures from Kenner...but I don't think it will be easy :schiaffo Damned Dc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone tried to do this customization?

I see eaglemoss, has some smaller scale icons coming out with scarecrow and two face animated not sure the scale . be awesome If they were 6 inch scale

Back