DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Oo! I didn't realize the torso could be removed from the legs! That's useful.

I want to repaint an extra Batman in the colors of Adam West's costume. I'd like to create a new belt for that, too. If I ever get around to it I'll share pics.

Yeah, the torso articulation is just a giant peg that goes from legs inside the torso. It just need a lot of heat, and don't put too much angle pressure or will snap xDD Also heat it up a lot before to put it togheter later ;)
Cool idea! Share that if you do it! :)

That Batman is looking good, Blebble! I wanted to customize Batman, Catwoman and the Penguin to make them look like the ones from Batman Returns, my favorite batflick. BTW, I have an extra Creeper, any ideas guys you can give me to customize him as another character from the New Batman Adventures? Cheers!!

Boring time for this line. :D Till we're waiting for new stuff I'm having fun trying to customize spare figures. Here's my Jet Black Batman WIP. :) I like how looks, kinda remind me Tim Burton's Batman :D Can't wait to finish it but now I have to wait paint get dry xDD

View attachment 371992View attachment 371993View attachment 371994

This looks great! Now I'm loving the idea of Batman return style Catwoman in TAS! :D

However Bat cave it is already avaible on Ebay from Usa and from Uk...I buyed it yesterday from East Cost Comic Shop uk,hope to receive it soon :clap

However Bat cave it is already avaible on Ebay from Usa and from Uk...I buyed it yesterday from East Cost Comic Shop uk,hope to receive it soon :clap

Great to hear that! Thought the Batcave was not coming out this month... I wonder why no reviewers got it early.

Kevin must have really been the brains behind the operation in more than one regard. Sadder to have him leave as the days go by.

Kevin seemed like he enjoyed his job. His passion made him an ideal choice for that position. I hope it doesn't take too long for his bosses to realize what they've lost.

That Batman is looking good, Blebble! I wanted to customize Batman, Catwoman and the Penguin to make them look like the ones from Batman Returns, my favorite batflick. BTW, I have an extra Creeper, any ideas guys you can give me to customize him as another character from the New Batman Adventures? Cheers!!

Thanks! :) I just do simple repaints, I would like to be able to sculpt and paint properly but I stay in more "safe zones" for the moment xD If I would be able to do better thing I see Creeper very close to Copperhead, the body shape is similar even if details are completly differents xD

This looks great! Now I'm loving the idea of Batman return style Catwoman in TAS! :D

Thanks! Oh I would love to see that too! A shiny black paint would look awesome for her :)

Needs some neon green highlights on the arms and legs.

modern_kenner_batman_the_animated_series_high_wire_batman.jpg

Completed! Quite happy for this customization
20171018_222815.jpg

Great custom Clock King!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very nice! I'm thinking if DCC wanted to sculpt a new noggin, add some accessories, but use the same body, I'd be okay with that!

So I guess my GCPD Rogues Gallery will be in today, which will juuuust about finish this series for me. I only really got in it for the A-listers for BtAS, and all we'll really need at this point are a Two-Face and Scarecrow.

I guess my question is: How much juice do you guys think this line has left in it? I can settle for TNBA Scarecrow and Two-Face (Scarecrow looks much cooler and Two-Face has a nearly identical design), but I'd hate to make an investment right now and have BtAS versions of those characters pop up farther down the road.

I'm confident the line has at least enough juice to give us TAS Two-Face and Scarecrow, a Bruce Wayne, a TNBA Penguin, and a Gray Ghost. HOW they might be offered is another question.

If DCC can get past the "deluxe" packaging, I can see them offering a multi-pack based on Arkham Asylum that would finish our TAS collections with high-demand characters like Two-Face and Scarecrow, a couple B-listers like Clock King (using Riddler's body) and Hugo Strange, and maybe an incarcerated Joker variant to make retailers happy.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I am confident that the line is completely dead aside from what has been shown and is one of the driving reasons for Kevin leaving DC. I can see it being a breaking point for him to not be able to finish off the line.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

I'm confident the line has at least enough juice to give us TAS Two-Face and Scarecrow, a Bruce Wayne, a TNBA Penguin, and a Gray Ghost. HOW they might be offered is another question.

If DCC can get past the "deluxe" packaging, I can see them offering a multi-pack based on Arkham Asylum that would finish our TAS collections with high-demand characters like Two-Face and Scarecrow, a couple B-listers like Clock King (using Riddler's body) and Hugo Strange, and maybe an incarcerated Joker variant to make retailers happy.

Wow I pretty much had the same idea. My idea was that they would pretty much do what you just said but it would be laid out like this:
A companion set to the GCPD Rogues set. This one would basically mirror the previous set so that you could either have both sets facing each so that each of the 4 cells would look across at the other 4 cells. The police box would be on the opposite end this time so that you could swing both ends out basically so they'd side by side like a double door. Or you could put each set side by side. This way you would have both police boxes at each end with all 8 cells lined next to each other. The set would include BTAS Scarecrow, Two-Face, Clock King, and someone else which I haven't really narrowed down yet. I was thinking maybe Red Claw just to add some color to the set. The police box could either contain Hugo Strange or Dr. Harleen Quinzel in a psychiatrist role.

I am confident that the line is completely dead aside from what has been shown and is one of the driving reasons for Kevin leaving DC. I can see it being a breaking point for him to not be able to finish off the line.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

I have little doubt that Two-Face, Scarecrow, and TNBA Penguin are coming even without Kevin. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I don't expect to see much else simply because I question how well the rest of the characters from both shows will sell regardless of how they are packaged. I think we have about 6 characters left at the least before the end.

Back