DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

New 52 inspired Nightwing xD
Sorry for the bad quality photos... not glued yet, that's why he have some gaps on the shoulders :)
View attachment 364744View attachment 364745View attachment 364746View attachment 364747

Good job buddy! If they don't announce Harley Quinn movie set I will make Nightwing, Harley and Ivy :D

I did some work on my Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze and I took some photos of the set :D (Even with the flaws it is a great set to add to your collection)

upload image no signup

Good job buddy! If they don't announce Harley Quinn movie set I will make Nightwing, Harley and Ivy :D

I did some work on my Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze and I took some photos of the set :D (Even with the flaws it is a great set to add to your collection)

upload image no signup

Cool shots, Zelu

IGN has a video up of the Batcave it’s not in-depth at all and has a lot of ridiculousness involved in it but it appears as if the backdrop is included.

Ughhhh that Ivy looks SOOO much better!!! Wish I had your skillzz. Awesome job as usual, Zelu!

That IGN video was super annoying lol. Looks like the Batcave set has stickers for the different things on the screen, rather than interchangeable plastic pieces. :slap

uh.jpg

The cave is much bigger than I thought. I wonder if someone will make custom plastic pieces to put in the computer screen so they could be interchangeable

hahaha Thanks! Mine was just an easy repaint, you are the master of customs. Last work you did on the set is phenomenal, I love Ivy, looks PERFECT :clap
Can't wait to see you work on a Nightwing :impatient:

Ughhhh that Ivy looks SOOO much better!!! Wish I had your skillzz. Awesome job as usual, Zelu!

That IGN video was super annoying lol. Looks like the Batcave set has stickers for the different things on the screen, rather than interchangeable plastic pieces. :slap

View attachment 364937

It would have been nice, but they never promised interchangeable plastic pieces. Jim Fletcher said there'd be stickers for the screens back at Toy Fair in February.

That video cpuld have been of value... instead it was yet another waste of time. Geez. Send the product to some people who might perform a decent review and provide insight for crying out loud.

Zelu, great work as usual, hope u can find time to share some close up pics of ivy and freeze. Cheers!

upload image no signup

Bravo....now that's perfection! Exactly what they SHOULD have looked like straight out of the box.
Could you please provide some information on how you safely removed the dome from the snow globe to paint Nora? Also, any tips on what/how you painted the larger items like Ivy's gauntlet & Freeze's tank/gun. I work with brushes and acrylics. It looks as if you air brushed those other items; as painting with a brush would not leave them factory flawless. But any help would be greatly appreciated; especially on how to safely remove the snow globe dome.

Wow, this one is very different from Zelu's one but looks pretty cool too!
Why DCC? Why is so difficult to sculpt and paint a decent Ivy??? -.-"
View attachment 365064

Attachments

• ivy.jpg
    ivy.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 253

I don’t understand DC why send a product a month out to a company who has never once taken a toy review seriously, nor have they ever known fully what they’re talking about when it comes to any toys other than Star Wars figures (mainly cause those they did research for). Why not send it to someone like Pixel Dan I mean his rogues gallery video wasn’t bad it was a legit review and compared to IGN’s it was an actual review and IGN also technically made 2 videos on that damn set one on their YouTube channel and another on the morning show video on the kinda funny channel, neither very good at all.
Come on DC all we ask is that you provide it to someone who takes the review and the product serious like your collectors of the product and hopefully yourselves.

My 4 pack from DCBS shipped last week. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I don't know what IGN's deal was with that "review". I wanted to see how those computer screens worked, but those two dudes just kept shoving things in front of the screen.

IGN has millions of subscribers so they'll get more views.

Zelu, great work as usual, hope u can find time to share some close up pics of ivy and freeze. Cheers!

Hey buddy, what sort of photos you would like to see?

Bravo....now that's perfection! Exactly what they SHOULD have looked like straight out of the box.
Could you please provide some information on how you safely removed the dome from the snow globe to paint Nora? Also, any tips on what/how you painted the larger items like Ivy's gauntlet & Freeze's tank/gun. I work with brushes and acrylics. It looks as if you air brushed those other items; as painting with a brush would not leave them factory flawless. But any help would be greatly appreciated; especially on how to safely remove the snow globe dome.

Thanks! I use brushes as well and acrylic paints (Model Color by Vajello) What I usually do is thin them with water and apply 3- 4 coats of paint before applying Varnish. I hope that helps!

this video is something really atrocious... I get why DCC isn't successful like Hasbro Marvel Legends and similar.. They can't even send out a sample for a proper review.. xD

I'm finally done with my small display. Took a lot of time since it's my 1st time, and it's faaaar away from perfect, but I'm happy on how it tuned out.
Waiting on BBTS to ship the GCPD set!

RKfFpLs.jpg

5TNjHgQ.jpg

Back