DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

They're doing the live stream unboxing of the Arkham set next Thursday on facebook. Will we see Ivy up close???

Display looks great HPGR

Zelu, please don't stop posting your work. It's awesome and deserves to be seen....I do agree with the suggestion to offer your customizing skills as a service to the members here though. You can make money, we can have better looking figures. Win-win!

Again, Zelu and SFA doing a great job!!!

Thanks nachobat :)

I tried some new hair again for Batgirl thanks to blebble's suggestion. It looks pretty good, but was a bit of a pain to get to fit her. I think the flowing hair gives her a bit more character though.

IMG_5630.jpg

I tried some new hair again for Batgirl thanks to blebble's suggestion. It looks pretty good, but was a bit of a pain to get to fit her. I think the flowing hair gives her a bit more character though.

View attachment 357135

Is it easy to remove the hair on the Batgirl does it need to be reglued?

It's sad how much that looks better than the stock figure, with just a simple swap DCC could've and should've done themselves.

Awesome job sfa.

Is it easy to remove the hair on the Batgirl does it need to be reglued?

The hair does come off pretty easily, but you would need to re-glue it back on.

It's sad how much that looks better than the stock figure, with just a simple swap DCC could've and should've done themselves.

Awesome job sfa.

It wasn't a simple swap to be honest, it required a fair bit of modding, but it would've been easy and nice for DCC to give us multiple hair sculpts to swap out with for her.

It wasn't a simple swap to be honest, it required a fair bit of modding, but it would've been easy and nice for DCC to give us multiple hair sculpts to swap out with for her.

I worded that badly, my apologies. DCC has had some nice hair on their figures (TNBA Ivy comes to mind), but for some reason they missed the mark with Batgirl. Switching to a different sculpt for her hair would've been good.

Overall I just wish the stock figure would've looked like how yours and Zelu's do, which are fantastic.

View attachment 357135

Where is the damn like-button? xD

That Catwoman looks great to me, Batmon. Or should I say Reggae Mon?
e188b7b93f8012ee4e1b23664f48e11c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hair does come off pretty easily, but you would need to re-glue it back on.

Is that the hair from TNBA Batgirl? What exactly did you have to mod, if you don't mind my asking. Since I have a spare TNBA Batgirl I was thinking of ripping the hair off her and sticking on the BTAS version

My comic book shop told me this week that they're not sure they're going to order the GCPD 5 pack because they don't think anyone is going to buy it. They said they would order one specifically just for me to guarantee the sale but that they just didn't think enough of their customer base could afford 175 dollars plus tax for these figures "just because the box lights up" so they're not even going to bother carrying it. The manager said "We could sell the single figures easily but 5 figures together for nearly 200 bucks just because the box lights up . . . we'll be sitting on them forever."

Same. My LCS owner told me they would only order them if requested (which no one has so far, same with the cave), so I won't even get to see them in person :( lol. They still have a full rack of Christmas Jokers and a stack of Expressions/ Bat Signal sets that will be collecting dust for years to come

View attachment 357135

haha I knew it! Looks pretty good man, congrats! :)

Is that the hair from TNBA Batgirl? What exactly did you have to mod, if you don't mind my asking. Since I have a spare TNBA Batgirl I was thinking of ripping the hair off her and sticking on the BTAS version

Hair are from Wonder Woman gods and monsters figure ;)

As blebble just mentioned, this hair is from the Gods and Monsters Wonder Woman figure. The mod consisted of cutting a peg off the back of Batgirl's head (that her original hair was glued onto) and then scooping out some of the plastic from the WW hair so it could fit flush to Batgirl's head. Hope that makes sense! :)

Back