DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

For anyone keeping score, it looks like TAS figure SKUs are pretty much even with TNBA's figure SKUs. I only counted SKUs, not individual figures, but at first glance it looks like TNBA has had 21 up to now while TAS has had 23.

When it comes to figures (including reissues like in the Girl's Night Out set and all the Batman figures), TNBA has 29 figures while TAS has had 33. That also accounts for pack-ins like Baby Doll and Scarface but not Isis, Teekl, Bud, or Lou.

I mention this because I'm expecting more TAS figures to show up in multipacks than ones based on TNBA if only because there are probably fewer of the latter to offer.

I'm also expecting a TNBA Batmobile with a TNBA Batman Expressions set to complement it at Toy Fair. Gotta keep those big-ticket items rollin' in.

Is 5' 10" the height established for old Bruce Wayne according to the cartoon or in the comics?

I've got style guides of the animated series. I'm pretty sure I recall Terry and Dîck being the same height. It made perfect sense back in the day. Hasbro wanted Terry to be a kid, they wanted a younger Batman, so they wouldn't have made him too tall (despite heights varying wildly at that age, but I digress...)

Let me see if I can dig up those guides and post an image of the official source material. Either way, elder Bruce was definitely taller.

I'd say Terry is definitely too short, but that's also because Bruce is way too big. Look at him compared to BTAS Batman. He looks like a much larger scale. People don't generally get bigger as they get older.
0de842dd8ff6c5c18c394f040a32fde8.jpg

I'm bigger than I was 30 years ago. :D I mean, my hands didn't grow that much but I'm definitely more massive.

It shouldn't matter but I'd like to see Bruce next to TNBA Batman. The difference might not be as jarring.

Either way, Bruce looks too big, especially when you consider his neck is craned forward. If he was standing straight, he'd be half a head taller than his younger counterpart in that picture.

It looks like Bruce is out of scale. Maybe they height is correct, but they messed up somewhere when scaling him to match with the rest of the line, or at the very least with Batman.

A shame the reviewer didn't use the TNBA Batman and Joker in the comparisons.

BTAS, TNBA and BB are not only different styles, but different scales with different proportions. I mean look at the heads and feet on the female characters. You can't really compare scale across the 3 lines.

Yeah standing alone Bruce looks fine but he looks like he's on a slightly larger scale than some of the other figures. If he could be reduced equally all over say by maybe 5% he'd fit in better.

BTAS, TNBA and BB are not only different styles, but different scales with different proportions. I mean look at the heads and feet on the female characters. You can't really compare scale across the 3 lines.

And this too. TNBA Batman is bulkier than BTAS Batman. I'd prefer to see TNBA compared to Bruce as well.

Man his hands are HUGE. Specially next to those tiny feet.

Share some pics of your collection, I may get ideas or pose my figures like yours, please.

I will :D Just don't expect nothing phenomenal, in my setup I don't have much space at the moment so I have limitation in my ideas. Tomorrow I will post something now I go to sleep :D

I was never a fan of the shows after the style change. to me there is only one BTAS so I simply don't care those other figures at all.

I think Old Bruce Wayne should be compared to Batman from TNBA, not the one from BTAS. I mean, they are the same person, but as the new batman is bigger, maybe Timm designed old Bruce based on the TNBA design not the classic Batman.

I will :D Just don't expect nothing phenomenal, in my setup I don't have much space at the moment so I have limitation in my ideas. Tomorrow I will post something now I go to sleep :D

Cool, take your time! My figures have the " static hero pose" :/ Wish these figures had pegholes or better stands. Still I´ll wait for your pics and give them, if possible, the same dynamic poses you have for your figs! Cheers!

Guys...I need a new stand for my Man-Bat...where I can buy it? I searched Neca and Tamashii stands,but I haven't yet found it :slap Animated-Man-Bat-19.jpg

If you want that one it comes packed with most Play Arts Kai figures.

Toychestnews has updated the Batman Beyond set release date to be coming out on February 8th with the Girls Night Out set the following week on the 15th.

Toychestnews has updated the Batman Beyond set release date to be coming out on February 8th with the Girls Night Out set the following week on the 15th.

Great news! I hope those dates stick.

I see these as being more of a retro "post modern" display piece--as many of you have them. I don't expect any "spidey" pose so I'm fine with more "hero" or static looks and that works best with the design. Batman himself would be the only real exception I would think. You're gonna be needing those stands when Justice League comes around. Tiny, tiny feet and spindly legs. Even the regular Mattel figs don't stand all that well--and most don't even have knees!

Wow they've really gotten lazy with the scale on this line. Granted Terry is supposed to be quite a bit smaller than Old Bruce. Old Bruce Wayne's official height was listed as 6'1" with his younger prime height being usually listed as 6'2" with even one 6'3" listing on Justice League. Terry's height on the show is supposed to be 5'10". Three or four inches is definitely a big difference, but that figure makes Terry look about 5'4". Again....lazy.

I think Bruce is just a bit too large but at the same time Terry is a bit too small. Makes Bruce kind of look like Andre the Giant posed next to Terry especially with those massive hands of his lol

You're right. You guys are comparing two different tv shows… All (almost) BTAS and Batman Beyond characters are designed by Bruce Timm but are not comparable to each other.

You're right. You guys are comparing two different tv shows… All (almost) BTAS and Batman Beyond characters are designed by Bruce Timm but are not comparable to each other.
Comparing BTAS Batman and BB Bruce is comparing two different tv shows but comparing BB Bruce and BB Terry is not.

But yes I agree the reviewer should have compared BB Bruce to TNBA Batman if he had him available.

Back