DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I think Bruce is just a bit too large but at the same time Terry is a bit too small. Makes Bruce kind of look like Andre the Giant posed next to Terry especially with those massive hands of his lol

Exactly

This picture is a little more in DCC's favor, but they're still pretty far off- especially those hands. Yikes!
4e646eae53b81982940eb8159eca131c.jpg

I'm gonna have to find a way to shrink Bruce a bit.

Cool, take your time! My figures have the " static hero pose" :/ Wish these figures had pegholes or better stands. Still I´ll wait for your pics and give them, if possible, the same dynamic poses you have for your figs! Cheers!

So.. forgive the bad quality but with the light and the crappy phone I use for take pics I've did the best xD
This is my setup, YES, it have hero static pose too but for the moment I'm fine with that, I have a couple of ideas but I need the expression pack first :D
P_20170121_133424.jpgP_20170121_133439.jpg
I use the DCC stands even if I hate those clamps. But as you can see these figure can have a dynamic pose and stay on they foot. Good examples of ankle pivots: Nightwing and Batgirl. (lol I say that so many time xD)
P_20170121_133634.jpgP_20170121_133811.jpgP_20170121_133946.jpgP_20170121_134010.jpg
BAD EXAMPLE: the Phantasm or all the latest figures like Talia ecc...
P_20170121_134126.jpgP_20170121_134132.jpg
You can use dynamic poses but the figure need the stand and the overall look is ruined. That's why I always complain about ankle pivots.. DAMN they're pretty able to do it but no... I bet a figure cost less without that articulation. The not professional thing is that DCC animated figures have higer price now -.- dunno if the point I wanna prove is clear... xDDDD

Wow. Do u have also Batmobile? I have seen the metal version of batsignal ! What new villain you want to buy soon?

The only figure missing an ankle pivot I find annoying is the Demon because you cannt pose him like his turnaround without it. Honestly the rest I couldn't care less whether or not they have one.

Wow. Do u have also Batmobile? I have seen the metal version of batsignal ! What new villain you want to buy soon?

Yeah of course I have it xD 130 euro on the black friday time :D now I just need a display, I'm thinkin' to buy an acrylic box for save it from the dust :D I have Clayface and Ventriloquist on my way :D thanks eBay xD and I hope to see soon Two-Face and Scarecrow in TAS style :p

Couldn't resist to try it... :D LOL
0de842dd8ff6c5c18c394f040a32fde8.jpg

Couldn't resist to try it... :D LOL
View attachment 318211

That actually looks kinda cool. :)
I'd like to see it photoshopped onto TNBA body though.
And maybe you can photoshop some man-boobs on Bruce cause I'm pretty sure Batman wouldn't be that firm at nearly 80 years old lol

This is my setup, YES, it have hero static pose too but for the moment I'm fine with that, I have a couple of ideas but I need the expression pack first :D

I use the DCC stands even if I hate those clamps. But as you can see these figure can have a dynamic pose and stay on they foot. Good examples of ankle pivots: Nightwing and Batgirl.
You can use dynamic poses but the figure need the stand and the overall look is ruined. That's why I always complain about ankle pivots.. DAMN they're pretty able to do it but no... I bet a figure cost less without that articulation. The not professional thing is that DCC animated figures have higer price now -.- dunno if the point I wanna prove is clear... xDDDD

Cheers, blebble! I´ll try to mimic those poses for my figs. BTW, the plastic stick of the Phantasm, I put it between his back and his cape, it helps to make some simple but dynamic poses and the figure doesn´t fall down when doing so.

And yes, those clamps are useless :/

I think I must be the only one that loves those clear rods and clamps. I'm always trying to get my hands on extras.

I think I must be the only one that loves those clear rods and clamps. I'm always trying to get my hands on extras.

I use them where appropriate. I also far prefer the non-extending ones and have even trimmed the "long" ones as they get in the way.

That actually looks kinda cool. :)
I'd like to see it photoshopped onto TNBA body though.
And maybe you can photoshop some man-boobs on Bruce cause I'm pretty sure Batman wouldn't be that firm at nearly 80 years old lol

Good idea! He actually look way better, look:
DC_Collectibles.jpg
Too weird to edit the body, sorry LOL xDDDDD

Cheers, blebble! I´ll try to mimic those poses for my figs. BTW, the plastic stick of the Phantasm, I put it between his back and his cape, it helps to make some simple but dynamic poses and the figure doesn´t fall down when doing so.

And yes, those clamps are useless :/

Yeah! The stick help the balance, also the clamps can help, I just hate the long ones because in a setup like mine, as you can see, they get in the way. Would be better if they do them all non-extending. But the tournarounds base are pretty cool, always loved that idea :D

An easy custom to do will be Anti-Fire Batman + Old Wayne head :D
0bdf96135f401041a2de1475d8363157.jpg

Just looking for some tips or a heads up...

Just got the TNBA Batman figure with the new hidden pegs.

Quality is not bad compared to the first release, however the leg and ankle joints at the hip are really loose and there are some paint scratches on the front from the wire holding the figure in it's packaging. Is this something DC Collectibles would replace?

I'm a little hesitant to do the acrylic Pledge joint fix, because there's really no place for the pledge to seep into and I would ultimately end up with a ton of gloss residue around the hip and ankle areas if I were to attempt it.

Thanks in advance!

shukeya on IG has a couple of pics of The Dark Knight Returns set, one packaged and one of Batman loose. So looks like its not too far off.

So.. forgive the bad quality but with the light and the crappy phone I use for take pics I've did the best xD
View attachment 318130View attachment 318131

Awesome set up and poses blebble! :)

Just looking for some tips or a heads up...

Just got the TNBA Batman figure with the new hidden pegs.

Quality is not bad compared to the first release, however the leg and ankle joints at the hip are really loose and there are some paint scratches on the front from the wire holding the figure in it's packaging. Is this something DC Collectibles would replace?

I'm a little hesitant to do the acrylic Pledge joint fix, because there's really no place for the pledge to seep into and I would ultimately end up with a ton of gloss residue around the hip and ankle areas if I were to attempt it.

Thanks in advance!
The replacement I got from DCC had loose ankles so I'm not sure if you'd get anything better anyhow. Wish I could pop the boots off of my original because his ankles are fine.

Good idea! He actually look way better, look:
View attachment 318366
Too weird to edit the body, sorry LOL xDDDDD

Yeah! The stick help the balance, also the clamps can help, I just hate the long ones because in a setup like mine, as you can see, they get in the way. Would be better if they do them all non-extending. But the tournarounds base are pretty cool, always loved that idea :D
Oh yeah, he looks cool :)

Speaking of customs, here is my latest :) Unmasked Harley ^^

Christ! She looks gorgeous as ***k, Zelu!!
Congratulations on yet another fabulous custom!

Back