DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

IF they do decide to bust this set up into individual releases, I only hope that it doesn't take until well into 2018 to get all 5 of these figures because DCC has to "re-strategize" how to release them as singles.

Haha true that! They'd need to have more coming out with the line to do that. This year we have:

Girls Night Out 5 Pack
Batman Beyond 2 Pack
TNBA Riddler
TNBA Catwoman
Expressions Pack
Superman 2 Pack

Only 2 single card figs so far, the rest are all sets

IF they do decide to bust this set up into individual releases, I only hope that it doesn't take until well into 2018 to get all 5 of these figures because DCC has to "re-strategize" how to release them as singles.

I would easily wait until 2018 to get the right BTAS Poison Ivy.

Bust this set up into individual releases. Release Freeze, Bane, Croc and Montoya this year.

Delay Ivy to 2018, in order to fix her.

Haha true that! They'd need to have more coming out with the line to do that. This year we have:

Girls Night Out 5 Pack
Batman Beyond 2 Pack
TNBA Riddler
TNBA Catwoman
Expressions Pack
Superman 2 Pack

Only 2 single card figs so far, the rest are all sets

We also have BTAS Batgirl.

I emailed dcc and they told me they don't have plans for mad hatter At the moment :(

Sorry, but you should be emailing DCC about Poison Ivy.

#JusticeForPoisonIvy

I'm glad to see the backlash on the facebook page though. No one is happy about it coming in a set, and such an expensive set at that. Lots of people saying they're going to pass (except one particular idiot, whom I see everywhere, who would defend a dried up piece of ***** wrapped in newspaper, if it came from DCC). Hopefully Toyfair gets the same results and DCC scraps this idiotic pack all together. I was surprised that no one mentioned Ivy though. I'm sure they were too distracted by the general ridiculousness of it all lol

Ditto, man. At least those drunk b*tches are complaining about they coming together in a set.

Man, for real... If I hadn't gone to NYC just 3 months ago, I'd easily go there next month and buy tickets to the ToyFair.
Just so I could personally bash Ivy in front of Kevin and Jim, in no polite way this time.

Like, "you ain't lucid, are you? Are you two even serious about this?!"
*gets the phone with 250.000 screen shots of Ivy on the show*
*gets the Funko and Kenner Ivys*
"This is how her colors and bang are supposed to be. Fix this girl right now"

mgid:arc:content:mtv.pt:0a0f7c8b-2ff8-4cdf-b0ec-057a86789890

Honestly, if it were me? Scrap Bane, Freeze, and Montoya as part of the set and release them individually. Release Ivy and Croc, indidvidually, too, but give us a Penguin with corrected monocle and cigarette stick, and a Joker with a new, improved headsculpt and make it an "almost got 'em" set. You could have the packaging look like the exterior of the Stacked Deck bar, with an open "window" box looking in on the lot of them sitting at a poker table.

I messaged Kevin and DC Collectibles - obviously about his NO to the Clock King in that podcast - and he replied that there will be less single figures from now on and more of the big 5 packs with story lines attached to them... - - and that they just haven't come up with a story for Clock King yet.

So basically, as a devoted collector to the BTAS figures here, i'm going to have to start putting money away each month for 5 packs instead of waiting for the individual releases. If they keep cranking out new characters for my set . . i'm fine with that. keep them coming!

Sorry, but you should be emailing DCC about Poison Ivy.

#JusticeForPoisonIvy

Sorry, no. I´m more interested in a Hatter figure. I mean, Ivy is going to be released, if she looks right or not at the end, well, i`ll deal with that later, but there is no news about Hatter, so my e-mail was regarding that figure.

I messaged Kevin and DC Collectibles - obviously about his NO to the Clock King in that podcast - and he replied that there will be less single figures from now on and more of the big 5 packs with story lines attached to them... - - and that they just haven't come up with a story for Clock King yet.

So basically, as a devoted collector to the BTAS figures here, i'm going to have to start putting money away each month for 5 packs instead of waiting for the individual releases. If they keep cranking out new characters for my set . . i'm fine with that. keep them coming!

And in which storyline on the show are Freeze, Croc, Bane and Ivy together with Montoya? Answer: none.
Has DCC made up a story itself just so it could put whatever villians it wanted together in a box?

LMAO, Kevin is seriously delusional.

link to said podcast?

That sounds... concerning. I might be onboard with multi-packs of all new characters, depending on who they are, but not if they're going to rehash previously released figures. No more packs like the Mad Love, Phantasm, or Girls Night Out. I don't really even want re-decos even if they appeared in the show.

So basically we're gonna have to buy whole waves at once for this line to continue? That's nuts. I've bought most of the releases so far, but I have skipped a few of them because I don't want EVERYBODY(I skipped Roxy Rocket, NBA Scarecrow, Creeper and a couple others). What podcast is this where Kevin says this? I want to hear what kind of things he's saying about the line so we have an idea where it's going. Is there any possibility of more civilian versions of characters? Bruce Wayne, **** Grayson, Dr. Quinzell, etc.?

link to said podcast?

So basically we're gonna have to buy whole waves at once for this line to continue? That's nuts. I've bought most of the releases so far, but I have skipped a few of them because I don't want EVERYBODY(I skipped Roxy Rocket, NBA Scarecrow, Creeper and a couple others). What podcast is this where Kevin says this? I want to hear what kind of things he's saying about the line so we have an idea where it's going. Is there any possibility of more civilian versions of characters? Bruce Wayne, **** Grayson, Dr. Quinzell, etc.?

The podcast is on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/43.-christmas-joker-kevin/id964103963?i=1000379188434&mt=2
No. 43, "Christmas with the Joker"

Clock King (user) mentioned such podcast because Kevin said, during the interview, that they have no plans for a Clock King figure as of now.

In the podcast, Kevin didn't say anything about releasing multi-packs, but he did mock Hasbro's multi-packs from the late 90s/early 2000s. Very hypocritical, if you ask me.

Sorry, no. I´m more interested in a Hatter figure. I mean, Ivy is going to be released, if she looks right or not at the end, well, i`ll deal with that later, but there is no news about Hatter, so my e-mail was regarding that figure.

I'm with you nachobat. The misses have been few with this line, I have faith that ivy will turnout just fine anyways.

If they do, we'll say 2-packs, here is what I'd want and don't want. These are just examples of the type of 2-packs they could do:

Shirtless Batman vs Shirtless Ra's Al Ghul
-This is ok because while it has 2 previously released characters, they are both new versions and nobody has to buy the set to get a never before released character

BTAS Two-Face and Batman (Again)
- I don't like these. Obviously, in order to get a never before released Two-Face you gotta buy Batman for the 10th time.

BTAS Two-Face and Rupert Thorne
-To me this is perfect. Two brand new characters. I hope this is the kind of multi-pack Kevin is talking about.

So I assume that means they're going to try to make charging us $40 for a ****** box a regular thing? I hope not. I'll drop the line totally if that happens

If they want to do two-packs, that's fine, but I better get a goddamn Grey Ghost out of this line.:lecture

I feel like this set would've worked better as an Arkham Asylum set AFTER the single carded versions were released. You could have "inmate" versions of Freeze, Joker, Ivy, Harley, and Ventriloquist with their grey uniforms, or, if you needed a new, theme specific figure, what about Lock-Up?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/43.-christmas-joker-kevin/id964103963?i=1000379188434&mt=2

Clock King (user) mentioned such podcast because Kevin said, during the interview, that they have no plans for a Clock King figure as of now.

In the podcast, Kevin didn't say anything about releasing multi-packs, but he did mock Hasbro's multi-packs from the late 90s/early 2000s. Very hypocritical, if you ask me.

The difference in the multi packs is Kenner did 3 bad repaints and 1 new figure. DCC are doing 5 legitimate releases at once.

Also- and this is is probably because I am an all in collector - I like the multi packs. The ONLY concern I have is it is sometimes hard enough to get good paint apps on 1 figure... now you need to get 5 good ones all together!

Also- and this is is probably because I am an all in collector - I like the multi packs. The ONLY concern I have is it is sometimes hard enough to get good paint apps on 1 figure... now you need to get 5 good ones all together!

I am also in the same boat. I'm collecting every figure from this line, especially characters I want all in a pack? Sign me up. The only worry is the paint on all the figures in the pack. It'd be messed to get 4 perfect painted characters and just that one that ruins it.

I'll try to give it a listen soon. I have that podcast on my phone through Stitcher. I haven't listened to it since maybe last summer, but now's a great time to get back into it.

Back