DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

You guys know when is this famigerate toy fair? :D I'm pretty courious to see new stuff. :B

Zelu, I don't know about you, but I'll now wait to see how tall Ivy is before getting TNBA Harley.

I'd hate if they didn't match. They have to have the same height:

25.jpg

If Ivy is shorter than TNBA Harley, I'll keep my BTAS Harley and forget about TNBA.
If she is as tall as TNBA Harley, then I'll get TNBA.
:lecture

Thanks ;)
I wonder if we have any chance to see/hear news about BTAS Scarecrow... I'm playing Arkham Knight and now I want so much his TAS figure.. LOL

Nah... Most likely not, sadly.
With this many BTAS figures coming all at once (I mean, it's six BTAS figures!), they'll most likely save other BTAS characters for SDCC in July or the 2018 ToyFair.

Picked up my Phantasm two-pack today, got the painted teeth, this set looks great
Originally didn't plan on grabbing it, but ****, I have most of the TAS line now and it looks great.... pulled the trigger on it
I think I just don't have/not interested in/ Bullock and Mad Hatter, though they look great
If they were priced cheaper I'd likely grab them all just to keep a complete set

Zelu, I don't know about you, but I'll now wait to see how tall Ivy is before getting TNBA Harley.

25.jpg

If Ivy is shorter than TNBA Harley, I'll keep my BTAS Harley and forget about TNBA.

Ivy looks drunk as hell in that screen shot haha. I've always thought of Harley being a bit taller than Ivy. Pam's a tiny little thing. Too lazy to go through episodes right now to look for comparisons though lol

Ivy looks drunk as hell in that screen shot haha. I've always thought of Harley being a bit taller than Ivy. Pam's a tiny little thing. Too lazy to go through episodes right now to look for comparisons though lol

LMAAAAAAAAAAAO! I noticed it, but that was their best shot together from that episode. :rotfl
I've actually always had in mind they having the same height. And it looks like I'm right.

The only episodes where they appear precisely side by side are "Harley & Ivy" (above) and "Trial".

Here is a shot from "Trial":
14.jpg

And yes, Pam is a tiny little thing, as is Harley.

I've always thought of Harley being a bit taller than Ivy. Pam's a tiny little thing. Too lazy to go through episodes right now to look for comparisons though lol
Bruce Timm did say she was smaller than most of the other female characters in a DVD commentary.
...that picture says otherwise. If anything, she looks slightly taller.

Bruce Timm did say she was smaller than most of the other female characters in a DVD commentary.
...that picture says otherwise. If anything, she looks slightly taller.

hmmm, very interesting. So DCC got BTAS Harley right after all. If her father said she is smaller than the other girls, then she is.
And her figure is indeed smaller than Catwoman, Talia and Zatanna's figures.

Also, proportion-wise, just like her figure, look how tiny she looks next to Joker in her debut episode, written by her other father, Paul Dini:
MadLove.jpg

Also in another episode written by her father:
MadLove2.jpg

Yeah, I'm keeping my BTAS Harley. :wave

I should clarify...
I meant he said IVY was smaller. Not Harley. It might have been in the commentary for "Almost Got 'Im"

I should clarify...
I meant he said IVY was smaller. Not Harley. It might have been in the commentary for "Almost Got 'em"

Still, if Ivy is as small as Timm says and in "Harley & Ivy" she is as tall as Harley, then Harley is that tiny too. :lecture

Still, if Ivy is as small as Timm says and in "Harley & Ivy" she is as tall as Harley, then Harley is that tiny too. :lecture
Right. I wish I had his exact quote. Regardless, it doesn't ultimately mean that someone else can't be as small as or smaller than Ivy. I'd say it just really only confirms that Ivy is generally small.

Right. I wish I had his exact quote. Regardless, it doesn't ultimately mean that someone else can't be as small as or smaller than Ivy. I'd say it just really only confirms that Ivy is generally small.

Right. And apparently her figure will represent that. I bet it will have the same height as BTAS Harley's fig, which, to me, will be accurate.

Just fix her damn colors and bang, for Christ's sake!!! :banghead:computer

I just hope she's not as tall as Catwoman or Talia. Harley sized or slightly smaller please.

When I looked at some of Timm's own personal sketches of BTAS style Ivy, he does typically draw her bang a lot more massive than what is seen in cartoon. Not that I want it that way on her figure lol. But this might explain where the sculptor got the idea from.

I just hope she's not as tall as Catwoman or Talia. Harley sized or slightly smaller please.

When I looked at some of Timm's own personal sketches of BTAS style Ivy, he does typically draw her bang a lot more massive than what is seen in cartoon. Not that I want it that way on her figure lol. But this might explain where the sculptor got the idea from.

Looked for the sketches and... you're right! Damn!! The bang looks a lot like the figure's:

b6514f3e63139a0b3904d512421a1190.jpg

Who sent the sculptor that?? :gah: Should be fired.

They were supposed to sculpt the figures based on the model sheet/show:

img-thing

:horse

Of course, he does seem to do a lot of sort of "hybrids" of BTAS and TNBA Ivy I guess you could say.

25.jpg

Haha I feel like we had this discussion already few times ;)))

Basically what I gather is that Harley and Ivy are almost the same height on the show, it's only on Timm's drawing that Harley is a tiny bit taller. In my head that was always the case.

To me the BTAS Harley figure is a bit too short and I would like Ivy to be taller than this Harley but shorter than Zatanna but I really curious about her scale.

Well it's ab-so-lutely true. The quality/clean and neatness factor on these is genuinely leaps and bounds better than mass-market retail figures such as Marvel Legends. They have this high quality material and matte finish look to them that reminds me of Hallmark ornaments.

Yes, i also think Harley (BTAS) is too short, i hope Ivy (BTAS) can be as tall as Harley (TNBA). And in other note, please, DCC, release Mad Hatter from TNBA!!!!!!

Back